Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

HB Studios announces The Golf Club for Virtual Reality!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:17 PM

Smells like someone has not a rebuttal for the common sense in my reply.  Understood as there is none.   :)

That's not it at all.

You just don't seem to understand the concept of VR or specifically the release of TGC VR as we were originally talking about.

It's room scale VR with the Vive and using their motion controllers the idea is to be out on the course, within the world, and using the motion controllers as the interaction with the game (all of it...swinging...etc).

Asking for 3C in this context is completely antithetical to what the goal of the VR version of the game is trying to accomplish.

There's nothing wrong with wanting a 3C golf game - But a VR one makes no real sense in the context they are shooting for.

#22 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:21 PM

...when I posted I knew all about VR, Vive...  

The goal for TGC VR on the Vive is immersion and motion control.  Not 3C (ever, according to their Devs)

#23 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn the heavy rough

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:26 PM

The goal for TGC VR on the Vive is immersion and motion control.  Not 3C (ever, according to their Devs)

Neither does TGC think an online multiplayer lobby is viable.  So they are wrong twice instead of once.  Their arrogance speaks volumes.

#24 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:26 PM

Neither does TGC think an online multiplayer lobby is viable.  So they are wrong twice instead of once.  Their arrogance speaks volumes.

Not arrogance - Simply a different vision.  Nothing wrong with that at all.

In fact - I'm really happy we have different golf games pursuing slightly different visions to cater to a wider audience.

• MERACE likes this

#25 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:45 PM

Not arrogance - Simply a different vision.  Nothing wrong with that at all.

In fact - I'm really happy we have different golf games pursuing slightly different visions to cater to a wider audience.

No offence B uck, but to cater to a wider audience, one MUST have a multiplayer.  

I see all around me in everyday life people with their faces glued to their silly hand toys (cell phones, tablets, ipods, and whatever else is out there).  Long lost is the art of communication along with having a friendly chat with a stranger.  I have none of those gimmicks as they are a complete waste of money and I am too smart to be part of the global mass brainwashing that has fooled so many into these purchases.

Basically it comes down top one thing.  the world is now full of loners.  Loners don't care about multiplayer lobbies.  I am glad that I will always be socialable in my life and refuse to get trapped into the cold world we now have where people would rather text or talk on a phone, instead of with someone standing beside them.  It also comes down to insecurity.  People are afraid to show emotion anymore.  Showing emotion is a strength, not a weakness.  Sad

• wim1234 likes this

#26 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:47 PM

No offence B uck, but to cater to a wider audience, one MUST have a multiplayer.  

They do have a form of multiplayer, it's just more about linking up directly with known folks vs a lobby.  It's not ideal, but the lobby creates cost and infrastructure resource overhead that they've decided to put to use elsewhere.

Also - They do have Ghost balls, which are pretty awesome.  I really hope PG get's that at some point.

#27 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 05:37 PM

Thread cleaned of personal insults and comments - took a while....

Please try and show a little restraint and respect for your fellow forum users please. 

• Crusher likes this

#28 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 09 October 2016 - 05:45 PM

sure thing Mike.

#29 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:33 PM

They do have a form of multiplayer, it's just more about linking up directly with known folks vs a lobby.  It's not ideal, but the lobby creates cost and infrastructure resource overhead that they've decided to put to use elsewhere.

Also - They do have Ghost balls, which are pretty awesome.  I really hope PG get's that at some point.

I don't see the point of a lobby when you see over 100 players in it and only 1 or 2 games that are posted....What's the point? You can invite your friends to play via steam chat. A lot of TGC players do it that way and it seems to work just fine.

#30 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:06 PM

I don't see the point of a lobby when you see over 100 players in it and only 1 or 2 games that are posted....What's the point? You can invite your friends to play via steam chat. A lot of TGC players do it that way and it seems to work just fine.

Most others are in rounds during that time.  In the modern world not having a multiplayer lobby is just archaic.  It is the most important aspect of gaming.  Back in the old days when video games were first invented one had to play by themselves if a friend was not around to play.  Computers and online multiplayer have given a resurgence to the video game industry.

#31 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:27 PM

Very fair point and likely the same conclusion HB came too.

The counter argument I guess would be that, hopefully, as the game grows there will be more games and new people can meet each other and play that aren't already on each others lists, etc.

Certainly room for both views.

In any case - I really want recorded rounds (ghost balls) in PG at some point.  Very neat feature I think.

#32 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:34 AM

Something I don't understand is this game with a lobby and all u can't get somebody to join a game if ur life depended on it(not a big user base maybe?) vs the other golf games out there (wgt,winning putt)..not going to put tgc in there as I haven't played it in coon ages and u have to be friends from last I know of it..but in wgt and winning putt u can find somebody to play with no problem at all ..in t.w.o. there was no problem.. if I had to take a guess it would be the low user base where u got players only play single player games or groups from past games that has migrated over and only play with certain folks and refuse to make new friends..for me I love multiplayer ,playing singles get boring really fast..I can barely make it thru 18 before I want to quit and go watch tv..
  • SirGrassCutter likes this

#33 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:50 AM

You only see 1 or two games posted because, after they launch, the games disappear from the lobby.   No point in showing games that have already started.

#34 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:31 AM

Something I don't understand is this game with a lobby and all u can't get somebody to join a game if ur life depended on it(not a big user base maybe?) vs the other golf games out there (wgt,winning putt)..not going to put tgc in there as I haven't played it in coon ages and u have to be friends from last I know of it..but in wgt and winning putt u can find somebody to play with no problem at all ..in t.w.o. there was no problem.. if I had to take a guess it would be the low user base where u got players only play single player games or groups from past games that has migrated over and only play with certain folks and refuse to make new friends..for me I love multiplayer ,playing singles get boring really fast..I can barely make it thru 18 before I want to quit and go watch tv..

When OGT is allowed to continually spam the multiplayer lobby looking for more people to join their site this is what happens.  It is a multiuplayer lobby for like minded individuals.  It is not a place to advertise other venues.  OGT isw already posted on this game in the news on right every time one logs on.  I have not seen this allowed on other games I have frequented in the past.

Also the erroneous decision of forcing all unto the same difficulty level if chosen by the host thje ensuing result is even more segregation.

I too have never seen so few in a lobby and so hard to get rounds going.  It was quite easy during the unity 4 days to get a round going in a minute or two almost everytime.  But many players wanted these things incorporated.  Well you cannot have your cake and eat it too.  :)  I have always and will always allow any difficulty in my hosted rounds.  All have a great time and no one cares in the least who is shooting what.  We are too busy truly enjoying the moment.

#35 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:44 PM

You only see 1 or two games posted because, after they launch, the games disappear from the lobby. No point in showing games that have already started.

Only reason already launched games need to remain visible in the lobby is if PP are going to incorporate a spectator mode where once a game has started, folks can drop in to just watch the action and join in the chat, while leaving the players to carry on playing.
  • cajuncapgun likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users