Photo

Marking an island green

Best Answer Kablammo11 , 24 October 2016 - 02:05 PM

Keeping in mind that red means lateral and yellow stands for regular water, also keeping in mind that there are endless possibilities to arrange the hazard and mine is not necessarily the right one, I would suggest you draw 3 hazard splines.

The first:

FFtbrri.jpg

Since in this case dropping a lateral water ball on the other side of the lake is not feasible, you can make all of the underwater parts spline yellow. This will force lateral drops to be available on one side of the water plane. The game determines which kind of hazard comes into play by the point where a ball crosses the outer line, same as IRL.

The second spline:

e7R3NPd.jpg

Harzard splines can overlap, others and also themselves. Just build in a little loop to exclude the island green. 3rd Spline:

uucUc88.jpg

Like this. Again, you can draw 10 splines instead of 3 if you want to differentiate more accurately between laterals and regulars. Start drawing these splines as lateral hazards, then change their colour to yellow.

You think you're done? You're not. Now you also need a WHITE O.B line as well.

K3YdW2v.jpg

You could extend all your water splines to reach the distant shore (which probably is the outside of the golf course). Myself, at least on large bodies of water or oceans, I prefer to use the outer O.B to come in closer and supersede the water hazard wherever a golfer can not reasonably hit his ball to even with a gross mishit. Any ball outside the white line will be given O.B. and incur a Rehit (Same as hitting into a water hazard.)

There are many ways to set up these hazards. Personally, I really dislike drawing them, because they require considerable time, patience and a lot of precise attention to detail. They are chores, no two ways about that. But it's part of my job.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:17 PM

Do you only get the one drop option?  I'm guessing since that is the closest drop area, that is the first one presented to you.  I would hope that if you scroll through the options, you might get the 2nd option you're looking for, but maybe not ......

I wonder if making the hazard all lateral would help?  Or maybe all regular water hazard (yellow)?  As you might tell, I'm guessing!

I did get an option to re-hit with penalty, so I guess that is a workable option.

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#22 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:26 PM

In my humble opinion you need to change the area directly in front of the green to yellow, and the area directly behind the green to red. I think if you do that you'll get your drops in the correct areas. In other words yellow everywhere except directly behind the green. The area as you look at the picture to the left could also remain red though it doesn't appear to come into play "unless" you have another hole there that I cant see. Any shot from the tee that is being shot towards the green should not be over red.

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#23 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:27 PM

In my humble opinion you need to change the area directly in front of the green to yellow, and the area directly behind the green to red. I think if you do that you'll get your drops in the correct areas. In other words yellow everywhere except directly behind the green. The area as you look at the picture to the left could also remain red though it doesn't appear to come into play "unless" you have another hole there that I cant see. Any shot from the tee that is being shot towards the green should not be over red.

I am in the middle of testing this approach.  I've tested hitting the ball in the water in front of the green and that gives me a re-hit only option,  I am good with that and it seems reasonable; however, there is a bunker shot that can be very tough.  I guess thats incentive not to hit it in the bunker :lol:

I will report back when I finish the back side of the green.

Thanks for the help!

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users