41 replies to this topic

#21 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:44 PM

Just downloaded Celtic manor trees are pink fairway is black . not a lot of good for me on a mac.

found myself in the sand  and that's black as well .

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#22 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:41 PM

Prob best to post it on the thread on Course Repository site just in case, so designer can look into it and fix

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#23 Domino

Domino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationYorkshire UK

Posted 29 October 2016 - 05:37 PM

Just downloaded Celtic manor trees are pink fairway is black . not a lot of good for me on a mac.

found myself in the sand  and that's black as well .

Hi .sorry to hear your having probs, although the course was extensively tested by myself and a lot of friends, none of us have a mac, and sorry but I know absolutely nothing about mac's.

If anyone on here  has played this course on a mac and can help please feel free to chime in.

#24 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:40 PM

This sounds like what happens when you change tree detail settings and do not restart the game before playing (on a PC).  Try restarting JNPG and I would guess the course looks OK.

#25 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:55 AM

PP had this on Golden Meadows when it first came out, so some one may know some thing.hopefully.

#26 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:21 AM

Caldera Lake looks fine just going to play it.

Just finished ,  well done with the water reflections. forgot about the elevation a couple of times, very enjoyable round. Good job done. thx

#27 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 31 October 2016 - 04:41 PM

Good one. I just got on board at the Depot.

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#28 KevinSp

KevinSp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:05 AM

So what happens when you get 2 courses created by 2 different people but that use the same file name, uploaded to the 2 different sites and people try to play multiplayer in the lobby?

In my opinion this is another reason for using steam workshop for courses. I know, I know. Copyrights yada yada yada. But how does JNPG use Florida Glades CC(which is TPC Sawgrass)? If they have permission, why not just call it TPC Sawgrass?

#29 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:31 AM

So what happens when you get 2 courses created by 2 different people but that use the same file name, uploaded to the 2 different sites and people try to play multiplayer in the lobby?
In my opinion this is another reason for using steam workshop for courses. I know, I know. Copyrights yada yada yada. But how does JNPG use Florida Glades CC(which is TPC Sawgrass)? If they have permission, why not just call it TPC Sawgrass?

Do they have permission or the "rights" to the sawgrass name? Just asking as I have no idea.

#30 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:43 AM

If they call it Sawgrass then its Sawgrass and subject to law.  If they call it Florida Glades its a Sawgrass-like course but not Sawgrass.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#31 KevinSp

KevinSp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 12:34 PM

Then why cant everyone agree not to use real course names and we can use Steam workshop? It works great for other games with user created content and keeps everyone up to date with the latest versions automatically.

#32 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:11 PM

Then why cant everyone agree not to use real course names and we can use Steam workshop? It works great for other games with user created content and keeps everyone up to date with the latest versions automatically.

I was replying to ArcadeHack's comment.  Sorry.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#33 jimbob59

jimbob59

Advanced Member

• Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, England

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:48 PM

For those interested,

Domino has just released THE KP CLUB at the DEPOSITORY,  A real course situated 12 miles East of York  on the edge of the Yorkshire Wolds

Jim

• LeazesNDR likes this

#34 Quigs

Quigs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:29 PM

Hi .sorry to hear your having probs, although the course was extensively tested by myself and a lot of friends, none of us have a mac, and sorry but I know absolutely nothing about mac's.

If anyone on here  has played this course on a mac and can help please feel free to chime in.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or solved. Make sure the build is set to "Web Player Streaming" prior to building - if not this can cause issue with Mac's or vice versa. Can't remember, but we have experienced this during testing. It requires a rebuild and test.

#35 jimbob59

jimbob59

Advanced Member

• Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, England

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:39 PM

Hi Quigs

Thanks for that info.  He's actually solved it so no worries

Jim

#36 Domino

Domino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationYorkshire UK

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:57 PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned or solved. Make sure the build is set to "Web Player Streaming" prior to building - if not this can cause issue with Mac's or vice versa. Can't remember, but we have experienced this during testing. It requires a rebuild and test.

I had a problem with unity 5.2.3 that would only do "standalonewindows" builds, even uninstalled and started again but no joy until I cleared out all remnants of earlier versions of unity from my windows registry then re installed, now it builds "webplayerstreaming" like it should.

That's why there is now a Celtic manor v2 over at http://jnpg-course-d...manor-v2-update that has been tested thoughly on win pc and mac and is fine now.

#37 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:28 PM

Never did Links 2003 any harm having LinksCorner.org and the guys over at apcd.courses.com. Yes, you might well find exclusives on one site that aren't on another. So, use both.

No different to having multiple sites offering up tournaments for JNPG. Folks play at whichever ones they want to, much like they will download courses from wherever they want.

;)

• Flyon and mistajam like this

#38 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:24 PM

well i just tested em out - and seems to work just fine --loaded 2 courses and all went well-- i see no prob with having another place to load from as long as it's a smooth operation ---seems to function the way loading liks courses did --no prob !!!

#39 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:13 PM

well-- i ck'ed it out and works gr8 !!--easy to use --i like it --and as has been noted--another place to load is a must to me :)

#40 mistajam

mistajam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:22 PM

Hey jimbob59, nice to have a second possibility to upload courses (and download) :)

Just a suggestion ... ;)

It would be nice if you may add a contact page/formular or even just provide a email address where someone can contact you on your page.

I would like to contact you to discuss something that i don't wont to necessarily put in a public forum ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)