#1 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:12 AM

well i thought i would throw this out there and see what i get.

the last time i compiled my course there was an error,the course wouldent load past 50 % so obviously i had a rogue pin.when i reopen the course in unity its there ,all thats loading is the scene file. course forge is no longer there.when i reopen a new project. course forge is back, so i tried to reload  an earlier terrian save of the course,well, all of the backup terrians are gone. i dont know where they went i didnt delete them.without backup terrian.i know im pretty much screwed here but what would cause such a catastrophic failure ,unity or course forge?i did try reinstalling both programs, but still same result.i can hardly believe a rouge pin would cause this.back to square one.

oh and by the way i have compiled this course over 20 times with no problems.

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#2 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:45 PM

had a terrain loss on something I was building recently. When I went to load terrain nothing happened i.e. I wasn't asked to browse the folder that I saved the terrain to. Scrapped it and moved on to another project.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#3 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:15 PM

I had a similar issue. IIRC the terrain was still in a folder on my PC somewhere but was not showing in the assets window. Here is the thread. I think when I found the lost terrain in I think one of the Perfect Parallel folders in documents I then copy pasted into my project folder and then dragged that terrain into the scene where everything seemed to be missing.

In my case though I did actually accidentally delete my terrain and made the mistake of selecting save when the pop up window appeared when I tried to close Unity. Here is a link to the original thread that may help.

http://www.perfectpa...yed-my-terrain/

Hope that helps. I now back up my projects folder every time I complete a hole onto my OneDrive (cloud) just to be safe.

SC  B)

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#4 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:20 PM

well i thought i would throw this out there and see what i get.

the last time i compiled my course there was an error,the course wouldent load past 50 % so obviously i had a rogue pin.when i reopen the course in unity its there ,all thats loading is the scene file. course forge is no longer there.when i reopen a new project. course forge is back, so i tried to reload  an earlier terrian save of the course,well, all of the backup terrians are gone. i dont know where they went i didnt delete them.without backup terrian.i know im pretty much screwed here but what would cause such a catastrophic failure ,unity or course forge?i did try reinstalling both programs, but still same result.i can hardly believe a rouge pin would cause this.back to square one.

oh and by the way i have compiled this course over 20 times with no problems.

A few questions -

*Where did you save your terrain backups?

*When you say you try and start a new project, do you mean a new scene or an entirely new project with CF imported from scratch?

*When you reinstalled Unity and reimported CF did you create a new project or did you find your old project folder on your hard drive and load that?

*Can you actually find your original project folder on your hard drive and if so what is it's location?

#5 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:23 AM

i saved the terrian files to d:users\documents\new unity project\asset.my folder is there for the course,but inside the only thing there is lightmap snapshop.asset,nothing else that is the original project folder.but in my documents \ perfect parallel\ folder under courses is the course file 167mb,this is the file that wouldent load into game would stop at 50% the last time i compiled it,my mistake was i saved over the previous build.now this is the only file i have left.and it wont open.

thinking about this i did notice something strange with course forge before i compiled the last time. all of my splines turned white and said unknown,so i turned CF off and back on and everything seemed to be corrected.have no idea if this has anything to do with it.

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#6 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:36 AM

i saved the terrian files to d:users\documents\new unity project\asset.my folder is there for the course,but inside the only thing there is lightmap snapshop.asset,nothing else that is the original project folder.but in my documents \ perfect parallel\ folder under courses is the course file 167mb,this is the file that wouldent load into game would stop at 50% the last time i compiled it,my mistake was i saved over the previous build.now this is the only file i have left.and it wont open.

thinking about this i did notice something strange with course forge before i compiled the last time. all of my splines turned white and said unknown,so i turned CF off and back on and everything seemed to be corrected.have no idea if this has anything to do with it.

I've never known a scenario in Unity where assets from a project will get deleted unless it's a user error and you accidentally deleted them. If that is the case you might want to look in your recycle bin or trash folder and restore the files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users