Photo

Easyroads3D Question

Best Answer Jimbobh , 29 November 2016 - 01:19 AM

Best I could do for now, a little shaky but I haven't used EasyRoads in a while so I tend to forget things, lol.

No Captions so you'll just have to follow the mouse.

Still smoothing and painting to do, and a little z-fighting to take care of.

Result in JNPG

AnXEAfz.jpg

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 QBL_MrCobra

QBL_MrCobra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:59 AM

Hi Jimbobh,

You can't make me happier with that video. I find you so kind to make that for me and others I'm sure. I appreciate so much.

I have a couple of question and I think I will let you quiet after.

1) if I understand I need to start build easyroad3D object first each time I'm creating my road? And how do I end it?
2) do I have to put change the material shader to standard for all the marker or just some of it, because I saw you change on just one? But I know I need to do it on the road before finalizing my object.
3) after finalizing a road can you continue the road at the end with a new road object?
4) is it important to put the surface material to transparent instead of difuse in the setting?
5) do I still need to re-named it with the word spline like you told me before?

Thank you again Jim

#22 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:49 PM

1) Once you build the road, that's a road. If you want another one, you have to build another one.

2) Changing the shader on the marker was an accident. No need to do that. I was just trying to hurry through it.

3) Once you finalize a road, it is final, although, you can still change the texture, move it, raise and lower it. The last marker you add is the end of the road.

You can start a new road where you left off. but it will not be connected, but it can be lined up so it is not too noticeable.

4) I use transparent just to see more of the terrain for lining up my road.

5) I have not verified having to change the name with "Spline" with this version of CF, but The bridge that came with CF is named "Spline Bridge" so I am assuming the road has to be the same. also needs the capital "S" in Spline.

One word of warning. do NOT use the EasyRoads splatmap backup and restore. It will really mess things up.

Use the CF terrain backup often.

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU@3.1GHz 3.70GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram   (2)G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666L9S-8GBXL
Windows 7 Home Premium

#23 QBL_MrCobra

QBL_MrCobra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:31 PM

Thank you again Jim,

For the first question, I was talking about the window that was open at the bottom and that was saying build easyroad3D object. You first start that before creating the object? Hope you. Understand what I mean.

#24 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:28 PM

The answer to that question is no. For some reason, that window on my PC doesn't close when I am using easyroads, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU@3.1GHz 3.70GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram   (2)G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666L9S-8GBXL
Windows 7 Home Premium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users