14 replies to this topic

#1 GolferKristynGetty

GolferKristynGetty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:50 AM

Hello guys I got the Gof Club and I love it :D  and seem pretty realistic but is there any reason to buy Perfect Golf at this time? Should I just stay with Golf Club or better to also play PG? The Golf Culb 2 is coming out Q1 in 2017. 

I got some questions:

1. I read other post and they aren't any female avatars for me to use so just wait? 

2. Are they alot of women playing this game or just waiting to have female avatars? 

3. Any different things I will see in PG at the moment that I won't see in PG? I know there is a practice course and TGC does not have that and it has different swing options so you can see a bar. But any strong reason to get it now? There is no female avatar so perhaps I should wait?

4. Career Mode: How intense will it be when the game is release? And when will it be release?

5. They say Golf Club is arcade but its very realistic because you can only use your game pad or mouse to swing the Club. So its very hard to master so can I take my skills I learnt in this game over to PG?

6. How about the course? Are they better in PG? Do they have difficulties from easy to hardest?

7. I am very happy of the no subscription update. As I said it in the Golf club forum just follow star citizen funding idea. :) Eve Online has fees but star citizen a 100 million plus donation do not. :) So that is how you raise funds and how you can earn a profit at the same time. With no subscription fees a month or year.

8. Is course forge free or do you need to buy it when it is release? 

9. When competing in online tournaments are you prohibited from usiing the power bar? Or do power bar and fullmouse  swing compete with each other? Power bar has a major advantage over full mouse swing. 

10. Can you use Ghost players in your plays as TGC has this and makes it very interesting? 

I think i will do real well in the game from all the practice I have in TGC! :) 

Thank you if you can answer my questions.   :)   

• GolferKristynGetty likes this

#2 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:51 AM

I'll do my best to answer your questions.  For the record, I'm a user/player of the game and have absolutely no affiliation with the developers.

Hello guys I got the Gof Club and I love it :D  and seem pretty realistic but is there any reason to buy Perfect Golf at this time? Should I just stay with Golf Club or better to also play PG? The Golf Culb 2 is coming out Q1 in 2017. 

This is completely up to you.  For me, I own both games.  I bought PG first, but the curiosity of TGC got to me and I purchased TGC later.  I was a bit disappointed in the swing methods available in TGC (I'm not a controller player), but I fire it up once in a blue moon for a quick round.

I got some questions:

1. I read other post and they aren't any female avatars for me to use so just wait? 
Correct, at the moment there is only one avatar and it is male (Hacker Harry).  As to if you should wait .... ????  You can learn the PG swing skills using any avatar, but you'd have to concede and use Hacker Harry.  Only you can decide if you're OK doing so. 

2. Are they alot of women playing this game or just waiting to have female avatars? 
I don't know the answer to this since I mostly play solo.  I don't think there are many, though, but I really don't have any information on that. 

3. Any different things I will see in PG at the moment that I won't see in PG? I know there is a practice course and TGC does not have that and it has different swing options so you can see a bar. But any strong reason to get it now? There is no female avatar so perhaps I should wait?
I haven't played a lot of TGC, but PG offers various difficulty levels.  TGC has only one "difficulty" level with the option of using more difficult driving.  The rest of TGC is determined for you by the course designer.  For PG, you can control the weather, the lighting, the green speeds and firmness, to name a few.  PG also offers various swing types - 3 Click (a round meter) with a mouse or controller, motion swing (vertical or horizontal) with a mouse, and real-time swings (vertical or horizontal) with a mouse or controller.  There are definitely more options with PG, although some would argue so many that it segregates the playing population.

4. Career Mode: How intense will it be when the game is release? And when will it be release?
PP haven't divulged any details on the career mode, nor have they provided any timelines for release.  There are a few posts regarding career mode, so you may want to search out any from Mike Jones or Andrew.  It sounds like many people are choosing not to purchase the game until career mode if available.  I don't understand that, because the time spent on the practice range or practicing on courses can only help your play when career mode is eventually released for us.

5. They say Golf Club is arcade but its very realistic because you can only use your game pad or mouse to swing the Club. So its very hard to master so can I take my skills I learnt in this game over to PG?
Personally, I find TGC similarly difficult to PG, but as I mentioned, I've spend very little time with TGC.  Based on what many others suggest, it could be that PG is less likely to be quickly "learned" and become proficient with.  Given the time I've spent trying to get a decent swing at Tour Pro, I believe that PG is more difficult to master than TGC.  I prefer PG and the RTS swing nuances with a mouse over anything TGC currently offers.  I don't really think any of your TGC swing skills will help with much with PG swings, unless you're using the controller.  Any mouse swing with PG seems to be more intricate and more varialbe than mouse swings at TGC (in my opinion).

6. How about the course? Are they better in PG? Do they have difficulties from easy to hardest?
Courses in PG are not designed with a preset firmness, green speeds, lighting or pin placements.  These variables are all selected by the player just prior to playing the round.  You can choose your weather (even real-time weather), time of day, firmness, speeds, wind, etc.  Tee boxes and pin positions are also set at the beginning of the round, so you won't find multiple courses in PG that are set up for Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun rounds.  The courses are not rated in the game - you can set difficult pins or easy pins and the game will randomly choose between the difficult pins that were designed by the course designer.

As for the actual look of the courses/game itself, that is highly subjective.  As you have probably read, the TGC crowd don't care for the look of PG.  To me, it's like the difference between the TW golf games and the Links series; most players preferred the look of one over the other.  Best to view some videos and make your own decision; search for Crusher's posts, as he provides video previews of a few holes on each of the released courses.

7. I am very happy of the no subscription update. As I said it in the Golf club forum just follow star citizen funding idea. :) Eve Online has fees but star citizen a 100 million plus donation do not. :) So that is how you raise funds and how you can earn a profit at the same time. With no subscription fees a month or year.
Subscriptions for the game have (for some time now) not been used, except for the Simulator version.  DLC of "official" courses are used to generate revenue at this time, but who knows what the future may hold.  There have been hints of purchase of significant upgrades to the game (which I believe are analogous to TGC2); we have yet to see one of those, but I think it may come with the XBox/Win10/DX12 version.

8. Is course forge free or do you need to buy it when it is release? 
Course forge is free with purchase of the game; Course Forge has been released for 2-3 months now.  Yes, it's technically called a "beta", but many people are using it to create courses for PG.  There are tutorials to help one get started designing - it's probably not as simple as GNCD for TGC, but I don't really know for sure.  I've read that there is much more flexibility with Course Forge, but it does take some skill and understanding of Unity to become proficient. 

Thank you if you can answer my questions.   :)   

EDIT:  If you haven't already ran across details of the upcoming patch (free), you may want to have a read through the first post in this thread:

http://www.perfectpa...-2016/?p=117707

Edited by Armand, 02 December 2016 - 06:56 AM.

#3 GolferKristynGetty

GolferKristynGetty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:33 AM

1. Do you know when the Female avatars will come out? That means I can't play Tournaments but that is okay. 

2. Do you mean free movement swing for RTS swing? As TGC has only Mouse or Analog stick swing movements and its very annoying. Could you explain what you mean by more variable? TGC requires you to make the correct guess of swining your club so you hit that percentage you need to get to your target. It cannot be learnt with a few go. So how would PG swing be different? Any thing on tempo? Any videos? 

3. Its the timing of hitting the ball properly so I assume in PG if you choose mouse swing it will be the same? 

4. How about players using the 3 click system over the Mouse swing? Can both be used in tournaments or are Pro restricted to full mouse swing control? 

5. I like the graphics on this video

But do you have a pic update on what the graphics look like today? 

6. I can't find recent videos on the game do you know why? 

7. Seem PG has more options! I already am struggling putting on down and up hills as well as wind movement. So with different variation in weather will take lots of time to master. 

8. Does PG include temperature that affects the ball?  

Thank you again! And thanks for the patch release I had a read through it sometime ago. 

#4 GolferKristynGetty

GolferKristynGetty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:48 AM

I did find this video made by Kelly Weaver? :) 

#5 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:38 AM

Hmmmn! I'm finding it hard to accept that these are genuine questions I'm afraid.
  • Acrilix and DoGgs like this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#6 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:04 AM

Hmmmn! I'm finding it hard to accept that these are genuine questions I'm afraid.

lol me too.. :)

• IanK likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#7 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:47 AM

I wonder if the singer k.getty knows her image is being used here by someone "claiming" to be a woman golfer. But Hey to each his (or her) own, i suggest go ahead and buy it...
Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#8 GolferKristynGetty

GolferKristynGetty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:13 AM

Hello these are genuine questions as I am thinking of getting the game so I am asking questions to know more! If you like to talk about my avatar you can PM me! :) I have not criticize about your avatars or names. :) 

#9 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:30 AM

There are videos all over this forum. Just give a look in the course discussion topics
Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#10 GolferKristynGetty

GolferKristynGetty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:16 PM

I have seen some of them on youtube but still got questions as I found it very helpful when Armand replied to me I would not be able to find those answers. :( So thank you and posted another thread and hopefully it won't be put into off topic section. 

Thanks for your response! :) 

#11 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:01 PM

1. Do you know when the Female avatars will come out?
No, nobody knows - possibly not even PP!
That means I can't play Tournaments but that is okay. 
That is your choice.

2. Do you mean free movement swing for RTS swing?
Yes (I think so), but isn't the mouse swing on TGC similar?  Not sure I understand what you mean by "free movement"! 
As TGC has only Mouse or Analog stick swing movements and its very annoying. Could you explain what you mean by more variable?
Swing path and especially tempo seems to be more sensitive and difficult in PG than in TGC, resulting in much more variable results. 
TGC requires you to make the correct guess of swining your club so you hit that percentage you need to get to your target. It cannot be learnt with a few go. So how would PG swing be different? Any thing on tempo? Any videos? 
I made a video of each swing type (except controllers) to help my nephew get started with the game: 

3. Its the timing of hitting the ball properly so I assume in PG if you choose mouse swing it will be the same? 
Yes, your forward swing needs to be 0.25 times the duration of your back swing to get a straight shot (but note that you may not always require a straight shot!). 

4. How about players using the 3 click system over the Mouse swing? Can both be used in tournaments or are Pro restricted to full mouse swing control? 
Generally tournaments are restricted to one swing type, but there is a recent trend to change that.  Check out OGT and PGLS for details on how their tournaments are set up:

5. I like the graphics on this video
You need decent (recent?) hardware to be able to run the game at higher detail levels to get similar graphics to the video you linked.  A lot of players have their hardware details in their signatures, and check out the recommended hardware for the game in Steam.

But do you have a pic update on what the graphics look like today? 
Roughly the same. Search the PP forums for Crusher's posts/videos. 

6. I can't find recent videos on the game do you know why? 
Poor searching techniques?!?  ;)
Search within the forum, not out on the web. :) 
Here are a couple:

7. Seem PG has more options! I already am struggling putting on down and up hills as well as wind movement. So with different variation in weather will take lots of time to master.  
Sounds like you've purchased the game, unless you are talking about TGC struggles.  And yes, there are more options in PG than in TGC.

8. Does PG include temperature that affects the ball? 
I don't think so, but I'm not sure.  If not, a feature request might be in order.

Thank you again! And thanks for the patch release I had a read through it sometime ago. 

#12 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:27 PM

lol me too.. :)

Me three.  Most of their posts mention TGC hmmmmmmm. :ph34r:

#13 GolferKristynGetty

GolferKristynGetty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:46 PM

I use TGC because I own it and like to see if it is a good idea to also get PG? It is genuine I promise you or i won't be sitting here posting questions as I got better things to do then just spam or complain. :) 

Thank you again Armand for all the answers! It can help others and I can post this in the FAQ so others won't need to ask the same thing! :) Its good thing with all these questions! 

And will look at the video on the Mouse swing as I did not know what your were talking about since I don't have PG cause if I did i would be asking all these silly questions that everyone has question. :) 

I was also meaning i was struggling with TGC as there are many things to consider so when you said there are more options in PG it just makes it even more challenging! :) 

You cannot search on the forum! :( You just cannot there is no search option. :( Where is the search option but I found the videos i was looking for so i know how it looks now. 

#14 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:00 PM

In the upper right corner is a cog wheel, if you click that, you will find the search function.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#15 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:03 PM

Please use the main thread comparing golf games. we have no problem here discussing the merits of other games and welcome discussions but obviously when someone new comes on to the form and either starts lots of threads comparing other games or posts in years old threads you might understand that some people would see your posts as being less than genuine.

http://www.perfectpa...golf-club-game/

Enjoy our forums and please stick around. Hopefully you will purchase the game and form your own opinions.

• Fairwayman and GolferKristynGetty like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users