73 replies to this topic

#61 balaceanca81

balaceanca81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:48 PM

Thank you DoGgz for all your hard work..Merry Christmas & a Happy new Year.............Tony.

#62 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for everything you have contributed to this community.  Hope all goes well buddy.  Take care.  

#63 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:13 PM

Very honest assessment. I can relate to your realities. I think to do a good job as a sole designer can be so consuming that you need to be retired or have no children.

Life is a balance. Hopefully, you can achieve it.

Long term, I would love to find a way to team up and tackle some projects in a better manner so the result could have significant more man hours than going it alone and allow us to treat it like a hobby and not a profession.

#64 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:51 PM

DoGgZ, 

You have totally gone above and beyond the call of duty as far as CF and JNPG are concerned. All the courses you have pushed out and all the community support you have offered is much appreciated by many I'm sure. 

As always, family comes first. As much as we all love CF and JNPG it has to take a back seat to those we love. I really hope you are able to put things right at home and that with everything back on an even keel, you are able to dip in and out of the community without it impacting on things at home. 

Thanks for all you've released this year bud. Seasons greetings to you and hoping 2017 is a good one for you. 

• cajuncapgun likes this

#65 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:28 PM

DoGgz  From a selfish standpoint I'll sorely miss your creations as I've enjoyed each and every one of them. That said, I can understand how designing can become almost an addiction which could affect family life. Here's hoping you can find that fine balance which allows you to mend your family fences and still allows you time to enjoy your hobby. ;)

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#66 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:48 PM

I'll still be designing of course, just a few months break from CF then when i do resume i will not be knocking them up so quick anymore, lol it will kill me to design bit by bit, but 2016 has been a year where i have not really made any memories, that saddens me and makes me feel sad for my family. 2017 will be different.

Yes Daz i will be dipping in and out here of course, along with trying to squeeze my tour rounds in  :D  its just that CF is so time consuming for me, and once i start something i go full steam, time to take some coal off the fire.

DPR massive thanks to you for the scottsdale stands, appreciated greatly...so clever! i would not have a bloody clue.   And like you i was thinking about how we may go about creating a course with a bunch of designers all making a hole each, that would be cool...i'll leave that to you clever lot to sort out...if you do i'm in ok  :)

• DPRoberts likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#67 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:49 PM

Love your life, like your sports (and sports games)

Definitely put the priorities in a way that makes sense for you DogGz

#68 cajuncapgun

cajuncapgun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationPearl River ,La

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:01 PM

Good luck buddy, praying for you and your family

• ed dawson likes this

NZXT Photon 410 Tower /     2x MSI Geoforce GTX 980 /     I7-4790K Processor /    Asus Z97-A Motherboard /    G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3

#69 remers

remers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:07 PM

Very best wishes Dogz and I hope you get things sorted. Thanks for your great courses and I hope you and your family are able to enjoy Christmas.

System Spec
---------------------
Win10 / Core i7 - 4820k 3.7Ghz / 16GB Ram / GeForce GTX780 / Corsair M95 Wired Mouse / Asus PB287Q 28in 4k Monitor

#70 DC#1

DC#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationWalnut Grove,MN

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:18 PM

Family ALWAYS comes first. I will kept you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

#71 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:20 PM

I know how it goes.... there have been plenty of times where I have been guilty of investing too much time into this little hobby. My wife works at home and we keep different hours, so sometimes I'll be designing during the afternoon while she's working, and it'll create a little bit of tension, lol....  these days I usually stick to late nights!

I think a lot of us tend to forget that this is all really a pretty frivolous activity in the grand scheme of things.... granted, I do it because the weight of the world these days requires some occasional frivolous activity. I see that in some of the highly emotional and irrational reviews of the game early on and in many of the more heated threads we've had over the months here.... sometimes I just wanna smack somebody upside the head and say "It's a VIDEO GAME!".

You'll be welcome back with open arms when the time comes.

• Dazmaniac and DoGgs like this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#72 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:24 PM

I know how it goes.... there have been plenty of times where I have been guilty of investing too much time into this little hobby. My wife works at home and we keep different hours, so sometimes I'll be designing during the afternoon while she's working, and it'll create a little bit of tension, lol....  these days I usually stick to late nights!

I think a lot of us tend to forget that this is all really a pretty frivolous activity in the grand scheme of things.... granted, I do it because the weight of the world these days requires some occasional frivolous activity. I see that in some of the highly emotional and irrational reviews of the game early on and in many of the more heated threads we've had over the months here.... sometimes I just wanna smack somebody upside the head and say "It's a VIDEO GAME!".

You'll be welcome back with open arms when the time comes.

Exactamundo Matty boy.

#73 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:19 PM

Released!

• BionicWolf, Fairwayman and garynorman like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#74 BionicWolf

BionicWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:51 PM

DoGgz-

I replied about Scottsdale in the other thread but also wanted to say that I too face some "serious life haps" and only offer you well wishes on fixing, tweaking then thriving in this comming year...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users