• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#121 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 11:51 PM

There is a thread in the off topic section if you want to discuss TGC further.

#122 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:57 AM

OK back on topic.  Would LOVE to see a video of 3D grass in action!!

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#123 Tee Bird

Tee Bird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:00 PM

OK back on topic.  Would LOVE to see a video of 3D grass in action!!

#124 letorgan

letorgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:20 PM

impressionnant ! 

#125 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:00 PM

NVIDIA Turf Effects

For the last month we have been working on taking the Turf Effects module from NVIDIA and writing a custom integration with Unity which uses Unity's low level graphics plugin infrastructure.  We have managed to get a working Turf Effects inside a sample unity application and now have to integrate it into CF and PG.  Unfortunately Turf Effects is dx11 only so we will have to create a new version of PG that is DX11 and up only so it will be on a separate build, probably part of an XBOX / Universal Windows 10 app release of PG.  This is scheduled for completion around middle of October.

We're working on big updates too including mo cap golfers, 3d grass, better lighting, career mode but we still keep updating the game in the meantime.

Anyways in regard to golf game sequels we've had waterfalls in PG since the first build, we've had multiple tees in PG since first build, we've had multiple flags in PG since first build, We've had tempo in our swing since first build, we've had multiple water levels in PG since first build etc etc  :lol:

Andrew didn't mention Steam when talking about the "new version of PG"  back in September.  In regards to golf game sequels, the big question is will current owners of the Steam version have to re-buy JNPG on the Windows Store to get all of these big updates?  I most certainly hope not.  Many early access games on Steam have received tremendous graphic overhauls (much greater than 3d grass, mo-capped characters and lighting updates) and have not charged the existing owners for them.  It would be in Perfect Parallel's best interest to include these updates on the Steam version as well.

#126 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:09 PM

Andrew didn't mention Steam when talking about the "new version of PG" back in September. In regards to golf game sequels, the big question is will current owners of the Steam version have to re-buy JNPG on the Windows Store to get all of these big updates? I most certainly hope not. Many early access games on Steam have received tremendous graphic overhauls (much greater than 3d grass, mo-capped characters and lighting updates) and have not charged the existing owners for them. It would be in Perfect Parallel's best interest to include these updates on the Steam version as well.

I don't know about that. I could see them doing a JNPG 2.0 with DX11, 3D grass, mocapped animations and a career mode on Windows 10.

I'd pay for it.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#127 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:16 PM

In the TWPC series we had 3dgrass however, it went like this. If you had an Nvidia card, the grass slanted in one direction and if you had an ATI card, the grass stood straight up, or vice versa. I'm wondering, will those that don't have an Nvidia card, have any issue with the new 3d grass?  If this has been asked and answered, my bad..

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#128 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:31 PM

Andrew didn't mention Steam when talking about the "new version of PG"  back in September.  In regards to golf game sequels, the big question is will current owners of the Steam version have to re-buy JNPG on the Windows Store to get all of these big updates?  I most certainly hope not.  Many early access games on Steam have received tremendous graphic overhauls (much greater than 3d grass, mo-capped characters and lighting updates) and have not charged the existing owners for them.  It would be in Perfect Parallel's best interest to include these updates on the Steam version as well.

I don't know how much of an overhaul it would require for Perfect Parallel to have to go back and enable Turf Effects, DirectX 11, Unity 5.5, hi-res mo-capped golfer to the Steam version.  I would imagine it would be resource prohibitive, especially considering that it probably wouldn't net enough new sales on Steam for them to get their return on investment from it.  I think they're going to be fully occupied getting the Windows 10/XBox One version on the market, where I don't think anyone could dispute they would have a much better chance of getting a profitable return.

With all that Perfect Parallel is adding to the Windows 10/XBox One version of JNPG, it's going to be a new game and deserves a new title and SKU.  If it's successful enough, who knows... PP could possibly see where it would be profitable for them to go back and upgrade the Steam version to DirectX 11/Unity 5.5 technology.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#129 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:45 PM

Thanks, but I meant in the game.  We've seen this video before.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#130 Tee Bird

Tee Bird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:17 PM

Thanks, but I meant in the game.  We've seen this video before.

Oops, your welcome.  :)

#131 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:52 PM

Thanks, but I meant in the game. We've seen this video before.

I guess we wait for Mike to follow up on his post about a few more screenies and possible video of the grass in game, seeing as no one else has access to it yet, lol.

#132 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:08 PM

I guess we wait for Mike to follow up on his post about a few more screenies and possible video of the grass in game, seeing as no one else has access to it yet, lol.

Yeah, for me it's going to take a video of the 3D grass being showcased to get a true idea of how it's going to affect the JNPG experience.  I guess my biggest concern about the possible negative aspects of it would be if patches of rough would be so symmetrical in texture and shading that they would look artificially uniform.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#133 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:29 PM

Seems to me congrats are in order again for continued detailed development of this game which is quite different than pong. 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#134 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:41 AM

Seems to me congrats are in order again for continued detailed development of this game which is quite different than pong. 

This is approximately how JNPG looks on my PC now I've dialled down the graphics to get a steady 60FPS, and Pong could impart more realistic spin. ;) 

#135 NicolasChaignon

NicolasChaignon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:37 AM

Hi Mike, Any news like vidéo or time schedule for that? looks very good

#136 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:00 PM

No video yet (it will come when we have more 'work in progress' features closer to completion) but we've been working on updating the lighting and shaders to work better at different and lower sun angles. Here are a couple of pics showing the same view angle from two sun positions almost in opposite directions so you can see the lighting on the sky, grass, trees, and terrain.

e4c15d821c.jpg

e4c1970fc9.jpg

• nightowl, DivotMaker, Keith and 6 others like this

#137 garynorman

garynorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:13 PM

The 3d grass is great, but what really impresses me about those pics is the richness and realism in the colours of both the terrain and the trees...

Very promising

• erwildcat and IanK like this

#138 ArisFuser

ArisFuser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:20 PM

This looks so good, the result seems promising and it may end up being delightful....well, I used up all my epithets for today,...seriously, looking great. If only we could have an approximate (even very very vague) release date,...  ;)

#139 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:48 PM

Yes yes YES!!!!

Lighting work looking AWESOME!!

#140 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:04 PM

These shots are indeed impressive and thanks Mike for sharing them. I would still like to know how difficult it's going to be for all of the great new user created courses to be converted from the Steam version to the new one.

Ken

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users