Photo

Forum Recorded Exhibition Tournament (FRET)

Call for nominations

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#161 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:34 PM

Congrats Stone. I'm going to watch that.

Final leaderboard soon.

#162 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:48 PM

Hey Stone, Don Bradman 17 is now out. That score would be great there.

• StoneComet likes this

#163 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:52 PM

Ted now that I have become an expert ,LOL, at this recorded round stuff when is the next event and Leonard and I are ready to go.

#164 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:12 PM

Cool G..............

The next FRET - FRET 2 - will be up and running within a day or two. I'm working out details in conjunction with our recent winner of FRET 1.

It will a two-member team competition which will have the effect of generating close, intense competition.

We will be trialing different formats into the future as well.

#165 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:26 PM

Final results are up.

Congratulations to JMK for a stunning win in the first FRET tournament. That was solid scoring at a Scottsdale. A tough but beautiful track.

Thanks to everyone who competed. I was impressed by the enthusiasm and allegiance of all players for the format and concept of playing against a recording. Of course it was more than just playing a recording. Even though each round wasn't match play it was still wonderful to be playing against a real person and I'm sure there was intense head to head gameplay going on.

PvRP has certainly revived my interest in playing JNPG. I recommend it as an alternative to those lonely solo rounds. This competition was just a casual exhibition but I found I was taking a much greater interest in my golf game than ever before (and learning things from other players also).

#166 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:22 AM

Stone,

I just watched your final round vs Armand - great commentary. Your're just like that little voice in my head when I play, same comments and everything!

With the next FRET2 format being team play, I think we're going to be "partners". I am sooooooooo looking forward to the challange.  Can't wait to get started!

oops, I've said too much.

JMK59

• StoneComet likes this

#167 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:38 AM

SC,

I couldn't recall if I was supposed to lock the settings or not (I thought that only locked the tees and conditions, not the level of play).  My blunder and apologies for forcing you at Tour Pro. 

I feel shame .....  :wacko:

#168 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:42 AM

Amand,

This is a fun Tour - no shaming allowed.  Maybe 1 less adult beverage penalty (way too harsh?).

JMK59

• Armand and StoneComet like this

#169 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:10 AM

I just watched the entire round with SC and my recorded round - it's certainly a bit different seeing the shots land and roll with the follow camera (I only use the player camera).  I literally laughed out loud on #4 tee when SC stated he was "talking in my backswing" after it shot off the right (at about 18:15 of the video)!

My pushes with the irons are due to (probably a combination of) a few things:

1.  too quick of a back swing
  2.  too little (or no) pause at the top of the swing
  3.  too slow of down swing given the back swing duration (see #1)

I find it most notable on the tee for par 3 holes, but it happens elsewhere too.  :)

SC, I thought that my poor start (first 6 holes, or even the entire front 9) would allow you build a lead going to the back 9; hence the "make hay" comment.  The back 9 was one of my best at only +3.  My hopes are to string good nine hole scores together more often and get into the 70s consistently (34 of my 296 rounds have been in the 70s - all others are worse).

• StoneComet likes this

#170 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:31 PM

SC,

I couldn't recall if I was supposed to lock the settings or not (I thought that only locked the tees and conditions, not the level of play).  My blunder and apologies for forcing you at Tour Pro. 

I feel shame .....  :wacko:

Armand,

It got into my head a little at first but really was no problem at all. I enjoyed the challenge. I do not worry about those types of things and it was interesting. After a few holes I barely gave it a thought. I need to put some recordings up so we can play some more together as your scoring is close to mine. I'll be downloading some of yours to play against even if they are locked at TP. No need for shame at all.

SC  :)

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#171 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:29 AM

Hi SC,

I don't think I lock (m)any of my recorded rounds.  I haven't recorded my recent rounds to the cloud, to be honest, as I doubt many of my Steam friends would want to play against the scores I shoot.  By the way, I play RTSH almost exclusively.

I've just taken all of the recorded rounds I have on my hard drive and put them on Box.  I've renamed the files with the player name (most, but not all, are my rounds) and have included the player handicap as an indication of the score (perhaps ;)).  If you (or anyone) are interested, you can download any/all of them here:

https://app.box.com/...uo7rz36h7nh3irs

• Ted_Ball likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users