Photo

UK Lidar Data

Best Answer scottpussehl , 28 December 2016 - 05:38 AM

Mike, (I assume)

If my memory serves me correct I was fooling around with that UK data and I believe the formate you are talking about.

If I am correct my post here should help

http://www.perfectpa...od/#entry122350

Also what resolution did you find it know you can get the .5m free for some parts of the UK.

I am here to help if you have any more questions on this Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mikee_j

mikee_j

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:39 PM

Ok, so Lidar data in the UK is open source, which is great, but when downloaded it comes in .asc files.

Can someone please explain or point me in the right direction so that I can import my local course into CF and start designing?

Thanks

#2 scottpussehl

scottpussehl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:38 AM   Best Answer

Mike, (I assume)

If my memory serves me correct I was fooling around with that UK data and I believe the formate you are talking about.

If I am correct my post here should help

http://www.perfectpa...od/#entry122350

Also what resolution did you find it know you can get the .5m free for some parts of the UK.

I am here to help if you have any more questions on this

#3 mikee_j

mikee_j

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:17 AM

thanks. very helpful.

As i have the .asc file already, can i simply import them into VT Builder? Where can i get a projection file?

For the part I have, its 1m only.

#4 scottpussehl

scottpussehl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:00 PM

You will be able to import .asc files directly into VT Builder. The projection file should be included in the download of the .asc or "elevation" file you got. Sometimes the projection is already formated into the "elevation" file. If VT Builder imports the elevation file and places in the correct placement on the world map when you zoom out then it had the projection inside the "elevation file. 

Hope this helps 

What golf course is this that you have the data for?

Scott

#5 mikee_j

mikee_j

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:12 PM

You will be able to import .asc files directly into VT Builder. The projection file should be included in the download of the .asc or "elevation" file you got. Sometimes the projection is already formated into the "elevation" file. If VT Builder imports the elevation file and places in the correct placement on the world map when you zoom out then it had the projection inside the "elevation file. 

Hope this helps 

What golf course is this that you have the data for?

Scott

Digging out an old thread... the downloads for UK lidar is in .asc format only. How can this be imported..?

thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users