23 replies to this topic

#21 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:16 AM

BTW, textures looking washed out/gloomy was also mentioned in the "Show and Tell" thread in posts 689 and 690.   Kablammo clarified that he was playing with certain setting that Scott was probably not aware of.   

You had to drag me into this one, bortimus. Knighters commented that he felt the colors looked washed out and gloomy - allow me to split hairs and point out that even the brightest and happiest textures can still end up looking a bit dull if the player sets the atmospheric conditions to be late in the day and foggy - as they realistically should. 

Myself, I simply dislike the gaudy and oversaturated colours many computer games, not only in the golf genre, are going for: they give me nightmares about being captured inside a perpetual Disneyland. Even digital cameras, nowadays, be they integrated into smartphones or low-cost video cameras, are usually preset in a way to show more color than the human eye cares to see, making even an average shot look surprisingly good. Even in professional video editing, the first thing I almost always do is to reduce the saturation of an image to 70 or 80 percent. Call it my campaign for visual sanity - too much colorful eye candy is bad for your mental health.

As for the "god fingers", the ray of lights piercing through the mist, there is an menu setting for that in Perfect Golf, too. Of course, these bad boys will only show up if your player is facing towards the sun. You will get to make a lot of choices about all aspects of your game - and with time even more features, options and choices will be added. This is the first and only golf game I know of, in which dynamic weather and atmospheric shenanigans play such an important part. This is a truly enriching experience - and if it reduces the chromatic terror of the oversaturated colours, a precious one. 

• JoeF and Harald like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#22 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:20 AM

Good Grief, thats incredible. Had a look at that oversized hand that was mentioned, GG some people go looking for the smallest thing. They should look at the cardboard cutouts of the spectators in TW 08.

People are just commenting on what they see. Isn't that the idea of the forum?
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#23 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:37 PM

Thank you for the clarification Kablammo.  

The point was that 'some' people (speaking of myself) weren't aware of the different visual/graphic settings.  

I think the game looks great and very promising.   

#24 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:43 PM

I'm moving to Ohio ....

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users