Photo

Water Issue

Best Answer Cintigolfer , 11 January 2017 - 04:10 AM

Thanks everyone for you help in trying to resolve this.  I checked the shotpoints to ensure that they were on the new terrain.  At this point, I'm going to start over.  I've already got all of the splines drawn for 6 holes so I think it will be better in the long run to have a project that does not have all of the issues as the first one (i.e. lakes that don't work, painted trees that don't have colliders, golfers facing the wrong direction).  Since I'm working with Lidar data, the terrain sculpting is kept to a minimum so I think I'm about 30% of the way through the rebuild.  It should only take me 2 weeks to get it complete again.

Edit - I wanted to update this for future reference in case someone else has the same problem. Lowering the terrain did solve water issue that I saw.  Unfortunately for me, I couldn't lower the terrain enough in this area of the course since the lakes were close to the low point of the terrain.  Had I just had about 5 more meters of height, I would have been able to fix the issue with just lowering the terrain.

I have the two holes with lakes finished on the rebuild and both are working properly.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:52 PM

After I released Firestone South, a few users reported an issue where the player was at a 90 degree angle to the ball.  This only happens when the ball is outside of any splines that I've drawn.  After doing some investigation tonight, I'm pretty sure the "Move the Ground" tool caused the issue.  When I went to a backup copy of the course before I used the "Move the Ground" tool, the lake issue came back but the sideways golfer issue was gone. I'll update this thread again when I know more.

Might be that when you moved the ground one or more of the shotpoints didn't snap to the new height value - might be worth checking as I can't account for it otherwise.

#22 Cintigolfer

Cintigolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:10 AM   Best Answer

Thanks everyone for you help in trying to resolve this.  I checked the shotpoints to ensure that they were on the new terrain.  At this point, I'm going to start over.  I've already got all of the splines drawn for 6 holes so I think it will be better in the long run to have a project that does not have all of the issues as the first one (i.e. lakes that don't work, painted trees that don't have colliders, golfers facing the wrong direction).  Since I'm working with Lidar data, the terrain sculpting is kept to a minimum so I think I'm about 30% of the way through the rebuild.  It should only take me 2 weeks to get it complete again.

Edit - I wanted to update this for future reference in case someone else has the same problem. Lowering the terrain did solve water issue that I saw.  Unfortunately for me, I couldn't lower the terrain enough in this area of the course since the lakes were close to the low point of the terrain.  Had I just had about 5 more meters of height, I would have been able to fix the issue with just lowering the terrain.

I have the two holes with lakes finished on the rebuild and both are working properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users