#21 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:04 PM

Interesting that you consider the meter slow, obviously if you hit a full shot it lasts longer but trying to putt/pitch/chip at 25% gives you about 1 second to click distance than 1 sec to click snap.
Then consider how thin that snap line is (The line is actually thinner than the tip of the pointer if you play pointer)
Saying that the top of the ladder is mostly 3 clickers and RTS-C is disingenuous as there's only 3 RTS-M that play at tour pro level.
BTW at no time did I say RTS should be harder, I said they need to rethink the penalty they added with the last build to the short game for 3 click. Also putting is a disadvantage as a 3 click since you really need to mess up to hit a putt offline in RTS and now in MS whereas missing that pixel at 10 feet or more you miss a dead flat putt on 3 click. Luckily those flat putts are rarer these days with the courses.

If the devs make the short game easier for 3-click, the scores will get lower. Then the other swing methods have no chance.

I am one of the forum members who point out the inbalance of difficulty of certain shots between the swing methods frequently. There is no question that certain shots are easier with one method compared with another. I would love if every shot would be equally difficult to perform - but as it seems it is not possible to do. Because the action is so different.

Therfore i think that a look at the overall scores between the different devices is the right way to go for the time being. And it seems pretty balanced. If i have a really, really good tournament i can compete with the top players. But there are only three RTS-M-players on Tour Pro for a reason imho. It seems to be pretty hard overall.

#22 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:22 PM

I have no problem with the changes made to the 3 click flop shots.  It is simple imo - you miss bottom snap a bit early and you chunk it and it goes way short and you miss it late you skull it and it goes low and long.  

3 click flop shots before this update you could miss early by an 8th of an inch or more and still make a good shot.  That was just wrong.  The recent update simply corrected the problem. 

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#23 dexter morgan

dexter morgan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:55 PM

I have no problem with the changes made to the 3 click flop shots.  It is simple imo - you miss bottom snap a bit early and you chunk it and it goes way short and you miss it late you skull it and it goes low and long.  

3 click flop shots before this update you could miss early by an 8th of an inch or more and still make a good shot.  That was just wrong.  The recent update simply corrected the problem. 

WOW glad i use RTS-C  :D

#24 Taragor

Taragor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:00 PM

My annoyance is that they changed the penalty to where using it is way more risk than reward.

Should it be as before? No, and this is for all 3 shot types in the short game, but with the complete removal of a stop ability with chip/pitch people are forced to flop much more now and that lack of penalty will favor the other swing types.

If I miss my flop from a flat lie to a flat green with 0 elevation it's not drastic. Try missing that flop by 1.5 degree on an up slope with 15 feet elevation and come back and tell me what the outcome was.

Don't forget also that the meter is not at a constant smoothness or speed so you can easily click way short or way late by no fault of yours.

I'll tell you this though, at the end of the day I'm much more relaxed playing a round on motion swing than 3 click because

1) Unless I'm really not paying attention my putts are always on line

2) I can flop/chip/pitch with less impact on failure of a proper shot

Unfortunately I don't enjoy MS or RTS-M though so I do not play them.

Scoring is based primarily on the short game, sure if you can put your approach shots within 5 feet of the cup 80% of the time you'll get a great score but then that isn't impacted by the short game.

• shredspillers likes this

#25 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:34 AM

The problem is that rather than arguing which shot types are easier with each swing type, we should be arguing that they all be correct. I say this because I don't play competitively, but I would hope I would say it anyway.

#26 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:55 AM

The flops and pitching to me seem ok and can deal with it but chipping is off on roll out from the numbers I've came up with..on pitching I dont know what the carry to roll suppose to be but I like to be able to adjust loft more using the shot shaper..

#27 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:31 PM

My annoyance is that they changed the penalty to where using it is way more risk than reward.

I see the change to the shot penalty to be fine and I do not think risk reward is off.

Should it be as before? No, and this is for all 3 shot types in the short game, but with the complete removal of a stop ability with chip/pitch people are forced to flop much more now and that lack of penalty will favor the other swing types.

Putting spin on the ball in the short game is out of wack.  On a video golf game most players will discover what the most reliable shot is.  Right now the flop shot wins the old reliable tag.  So we agree some more adjustments are needed to the short game. 

If I miss my flop from a flat lie to a flat green with 0 elevation it's not drastic. Try missing that flop by 1.5 degree on an up slope with 15 feet elevation and come back and tell me what the outcome was.

My question is why were you there in the first place :)  J/king 

That is part of playing @ tour pro level.  It is supposed to be very hard.  I at pro or amateur level experience the same thing only I have a larger miss area of bottom snap.   I have been known to take 3 shots to get onto the green with a 15 foot elevation. Both in real life and this video game.  

Don't forget also that the meter is not at a constant smoothness or speed so you can easily click way short or way late by no fault of yours.

I have little to no problem with meter smoothness.  Speed is fast (to me anyway) on less than full shots around the green.  I do not worry about that.  It is what it is.

I'll tell you this though, at the end of the day I'm much more relaxed playing a round on motion swing than 3 click because

1) Unless I'm really not paying attention my putts are always on line

2) I can flop/chip/pitch with less impact on failure of a proper shot

No Comment - I just don't know.

Unfortunately I don't enjoy MS or RTS-M though so I do not play them.

True that also!

Scoring is based primarily on the short game, sure if you can put your approach shots within 5 feet of the cup 80% of the time you'll get a great score but then that isn't impacted by the short game.

All I know is my scores are up.  Why they are ...... I can only guess.

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users