#41 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:35 PM

Great news.  As I'm most interested in the Course Forge, do you have any idea how far off retail release will be?  I appreciate you're a small outfit and this maybe a difficult question to answer.

Out of interest, is there a particular reason why CF won't be available to Early Access?

Can't wait to see what you can do in the CF.

#42 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:41 PM

Good afternoon and thank you for the email. Can you direct me to something that would explain how this game will work and how you will play it with others via internet? I am from WGT and wondered if it is the same concept or is it a game you purchase and then invite others on the net to play? I have a large number of friends in my CC and we all may be interested in this change?

Please check out the Guides section on the Community Page http://steamcommunit.../288140/guides/

#43 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:44 PM

Does anyone know if the Pitch, and Flop shots have been added?

We have a shot center that allows you to hit punch and flop Draw and Fade shots.  In addition there is a chip swing 

#44 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:48 PM

Great news.  As I'm most interested in the Course Forge, do you have any idea how far off retail release will be?  I appreciate you're a small outfit and this maybe a difficult question to answer.

Out of interest, is there a particular reason why CF won't be available to Early Access?

Yes, the primary reason is you cannot build course files with Unity Free.  To date we have built our testers courses for them but that is not a mass market solution, so we need to build our own packager of the unity course so you can all build your courses using unity free.  Once we have released the game we will have a little time to focus on it and so expectation is a release along with retail version of Course Forge.

• Biggins likes this

#45 Maineah

Maineah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationMaine, U.S.A.

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:50 PM

HAPPY DAYS!!

#46 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:52 PM

I shit you not, the email I have just received says in the first sentence:-

Perfect Golf finally has an official release date of Jan 22, 2105.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I knew testing was often a laborious process, but I thought another 90 years, FFS!

:D :D :D :D :D

Looks like you win the prize Daz for spotting the deliberate mistake. Your free copy of Course Forge will be available ASAP . . . LOL

#47 pingu66666

pingu66666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:54 PM

oh yes we have lift off, hi to all former dodos

#48 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:01 PM

Yes, the primary reason is you cannot build course files with Unity Free.  To date we have built our testers courses for them but that is not a mass market solution, so we need to build our own packager of the unity course so you can all build your courses using unity free.  Once we have released the game we will have a little time to focus on it and so expectation is a release along with retail version of Course Forge.

Thanks for explaining the situation re Course Forge release

#49 mbidney

mbidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:01 PM

Congrats PP! 

Any hints as to how many courses we might see in the early access?

#50 Gasman

Gasman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:10 PM

I'm sure I read 6 courses with more added over the coming three to six months before retail release date.

#51 mbidney

mbidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:25 PM

I'm sure I read 6 courses with more added over the coming three to six months before retail release date.

Any real life courses or will they be fictional?

#52 AikenCityGolf

AikenCityGolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:27 PM

Have been waiting for this..    

#53 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:27 PM

Excellent News....Looking forward To It

#54 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:34 PM

I shit you not, the email I have just received says in the first sentence:-

Perfect Golf finally has an official release date of Jan 22, 2105.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I knew testing was often a laborious process, but I thought another 90 years, FFS!

:D :D :D :D :D

ROFLMAO!

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#55 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:35 PM

Congratulations to PP and the entire team on getting to an EA release date. Looking forward to the 22nd, and wish lots of success........Cheers   :)

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

#56 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:36 PM

It would still be nice to work with CF regardless if not able to use in game yet just for the experience using the tools.

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU@3.1GHz 3.70GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram   (2)G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666L9S-8GBXL
Windows 7 Home Premium

#57 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:48 AM

The best news I have heard in years and have never quit playing Links but so look forward to the 22nd. This game looks amazing and can't wait to hit that first tee.

#58 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:03 AM

Any real life courses or will they be fictional?

It will all be down to licensing issues I believe as far as the real courses go. we have had a few in ALPHA testing which had fictitious names - Massachusetts and Long Island Bluffs. Not sure if these will make Early Access or not. I think they are looking at 6 courses initially and hopefully the Practice Range.

Would think Crystal Pines and Shadowlands will be in, Willow Heath (which was created by one of the ALPHA testers - Kablammo11) I believe is scheduled to be included but no confirmation as to which others will be.

I have read that PP have created 30 PGA Tour courses for their TV Broadcast suite, to be used by TV coverage this year and I believe the plan is to ask each course if the virtual recreation can be included in PG. If they get the thumbs up, then hopefully we will see some quality real life tour venues in the future.

;)

• Richard likes this

#59 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:08 AM

It would still be nice to work with CF regardless if not able to use in game yet just for the experience using the tools.

I'm sure there will be opportunities to alpha test CourseForge in the months leading up to the full release.

• Biggins likes this

#60 dedBuNNy

dedBuNNy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:19 AM

Well here's hoping that Steams pipes can handle the load... Optimistic? Perhaps, but I think with the price and once people see what ever the EA is gonna bring to the table, there might just bit of a swarming of Steam. 

Does anyone know if I can bring my Rossa putter with me from WGT?   :unsure: 

M Swing  //   N Assists

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users