42 replies to this topic

#21 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:32 AM

Many thanks for keeping this modification up-to-date with the new patches. I find it gives a really helpful FPS boost for RTS-M. Very much appreciated.

#22 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:59 AM

Is this patch only for nVidia GPUs?  Do you have to have two video cards/GPUs?  I tried the latest and a previous version of the patch with my single ATI/AMD GPU and the game won't start - locks my entire computer.

#23 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:41 AM

Is this patch only for nVidia GPUs?  Do you have to have two video cards/GPUs?  I tried the latest and a previous version of the patch with my single ATI/AMD GPU and the game won't start - locks my entire computer.

My patch works well not only on NVIDIA GPUs, but also on my laptop with dual Radeon 7970Ms.
What are your OS, GPU and graphic driver version ?

Alienware M18x R2 Laptop
i7-3740QM
16.0GB, DDR3-1600MHz
Dual 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 7970M - CrossFireX Enabled
Windows 7 Home Premium
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12 Driver

#24 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:04 PM

My patch works well not only on NVIDIA GPUs, but also on my laptop with dual Radeon 7970Ms.
What are your OS, GPU and graphic driver version ?

Alienware M18x R2 Laptop
i7-3740QM
16.0GB, DDR3-1600MHz
Dual 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 7970M - CrossFireX Enabled
Windows 7 Home Premium
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12 Driver

My system is as follows:

Radeon Software Version - 17.4.4
Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon ™ R9 200 Series
Memory Size - 2048 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 925 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 24 GB
CPU Type - Intel® Core™ i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz

#25 shanker01

shanker01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:11 PM

where do you download this patch to?

stock 7700k intel cpu

gtx 1070 gpu

liquid cooled

250 ssd drive and 1 terabyte hard drive

32 omen q monitor

#26 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:41 AM

From what I can tell, you extract two files to two different folders and overwrite the existing files.  Strongly suggested to make a copy or backup of the two files that are replaced.  Those two files are listed below in the respective folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Perfect Golf\Perfect Golf_Data\mainData  (no extension on this filename)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Perfect Golf\Perfect Golf_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll

If that isn't correct, no wonder it doesn't work for me!  (I'm pretty sure that is all there is to it.)

#27 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:09 AM

The new patch for v1.4.2.4 on 2017/05/31 can be downloaded from
https://mega.nz/#!og...sp6OL6fg56NoIrg

#28 orange

orange

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:37 AM

I think this happens if you got msi afterburner running.

#29 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:05 AM

The new patch for v1.4.2.4 on 2017/07/20 can be downloaded from
https://mega.nz/#!A1...uAQVPFA5zlDScHc

• JoeBradley likes this

#30 Goran JoeMen

Goran JoeMen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:16 AM

I don´t get this, should a patch not be tested and accepted by the game developers before installation. I would not realise if I installed virus, ransomware or malware or something. And hardly any information from the op about who he is, experience, connection to JNPG or anything.   :unsure:

EDIT- accidently clicked page2 without reading first page. So I can see Mike has replied. But still... 

Edited by Goran JoeMen, 25 July 2017 - 09:08 AM.

• Harald likes this

http://www.goranmentzer.st

RTS-M pro  -  Intel i5-9600K 3.7ghz  - 16GB  RAM - GeForce RTX 2060 super  - 2560x1440

#31 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

This patch works fairly well for me with one exception.  If I have to go back to desktop it won't let me get back in the game.  Same issue existed on the other versions.

#32 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:37 PM

This still doesn't work for me when I replace both files.  I then tried them one at a time and found that the mainData is the one that doesn't work with my computer.  I don't know if I'll notice difference in FPS, but at least it's not a total loss.  (And to respond to the earlier suggestion, I do not have MSI Afterburner running or installed; it was installed at one point, but has been uninstalled a long time ago.)

#33 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:25 AM

This patch works fairly well for me with one exception.  If I have to go back to desktop it won't let me get back in the game.  Same issue existed on the other versions.

There are two ways to prevent that issue.

1. If you don't need exclusive fullscreen mode, don't replace the original 'mainData' file.

2. After you change fullscreen mode to windowed mode in graphics settings, go back to desktop.

This still doesn't work for me when I replace both files.  I then tried them one at a time and found that the mainData is the one that doesn't work with my computer.  I don't know if I'll notice difference in FPS, but at least it's not a total loss.  (And to respond to the earlier suggestion, I do not have MSI Afterburner running or installed; it was installed at one point, but has been uninstalled a long time ago.)

If you don't have a GPU powerful enough to keep over 60fps and vsync is enabled, the framerate sometimes drops in windowed mode or windowed fullscreen mode.
But mostly there is no difference in the framerate between exclusive fullscreen mode and windowed (fullscreen) mode.

#34 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:20 AM

Once again, very much appreciated. I just use the assembly patch, so retain the alt-tab function to get desktop when required but get a nice FPS boost.

#35 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:07 AM

The new patch for v1.4.2.4 on 2017/08/01 can be downloaded from
https://mega.nz/#!B5...O6lUMM_sotGJAS0

• JoeBradley likes this

#36 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:32 AM

The new patch for v1.4.2.4 on 2017/08/13 can be downloaded from
https://mega.nz/#!1s...dyMrJxsoL--E0JI

• JoeBradley likes this

#37 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:35 AM

The new patch for v1.4.2.4 on 2017/08/21 can be downloaded from
https://mega.nz/#!Ig...uaWsJLA4ICViXpM

• bortimus likes this

#38 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:37 AM

Thanks for posting this patch.  I just used it for the first time and am noticing a nice boost as well.  Very helpful for RTS-M as Joe mentioned.    

If I'm not mistaken some of the menus look different after using the patch.  More transparency perhaps?  

Makes me wonder if you could make a mod that alters/hides parts of the GUI to reduce the clutter on the screen while playing (without needing to toggle the GUI on/off).  

I would be very interested if this is possible.  

#39 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:04 AM

If I'm not mistaken some of the menus look different after using the patch.  More transparency perhaps? 

You're right.
Translucent processes are very heavy, so I killed it.

Makes me wonder if you could make a mod that alters/hides parts of the GUI to reduce the clutter on the screen while playing (without needing to toggle the GUI on/off).  

I would be very interested if this is possible.

You should ask the developer about it.

#40 FreeBolt

FreeBolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:53 PM

I think this thread should be pinned, when the patch was first introduced not everyone needed to use it. But with many of the courses being released lately, sucking the life right out of a GTX 1080 its almost a system requirement in order to maintain playable fps for the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users