pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:08 AM

Zipped up some pics and also have some feedback in word file  for you

Greens need some work, i only took shots of a few holes, otherwise it would have taken much longer...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByTR6w_prq1MT2RxN0lNOWR6SGs

Cheers

#22 Ninja_Prime

Ninja_Prime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSuffolk UK

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

Pingzing, many thanks for your time and effort, I've read your document, totally agree about the greens and fairways etc. I will be releasing the latest version as most of those points you pointed out have already been addressed.

The one thing I am still getting used to with Unity\CF is the placement of the splines and blending of the terrain. I have smoothed down a lot of the undulations in the next build and added steps on the steeper fairways.

With regards the bushes blocking the fairway's, its intentional and they are there as lateral hazards. I am not a course designer, and tend to use my experience from my RTS and FPS designing experience. The challenge for me is to try and create courses that are more puzzles than anything else. I am trying to get away from standard courses and leaning more towards fictional\fantasy type designs.

I've held back the final release of this course to tweak the terrain more. Those steep lips on some of the greens was me trying to experiment with painting terrain, it didn't work the way I expected it too, again those have been changed in the next build. Most of the stuff you suggested I was already working on, so thanks for confirming those changes :)

• GoldenBear likes this

There is no shame in defeat, there is only shame if you do not learn from it.

Intel i7 870@3.06Ghz, 12GB RAM, W10 Pro 64bit, Nvidia GTX 1060 3Gb

Courses designed:

​The Pines, Bracken Heath, Skye Dunes, The Glade, Brook Vale (WIP).

#23 mikahenrik

mikahenrik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

Hi, many good and interesting holes on this course. If you need an inspiration for your next course quickly googled some pictures for you. http://imgur.com/a/z9nYb

No need jumping into the fantasy world. There are plenty of crazy greens in real world. Put it on the wishlist I would like to see your interpretation of the Himalayas putting course/green at St Andrews.

#24 Ninja_Prime

Ninja_Prime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSuffolk UK

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:41 AM

Yes I have seen some of those courses before, its where I've got my inspiration for some of my courses. Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction, that's why I sometimes smile to myself when people comment on some of my extreme pins ;)

I have finished the Glade, just compiling it later tonight before posting the final link on OGT.

I've already started on my new course, if that doesn't get any comments on my design, then I will be very surprised.

Courses designed:

#25 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:46 PM

Hi, many good and interesting holes on this course. If you need an inspiration for your next course quickly googled some pictures for you. http://imgur.com/a/z9nYb

No need jumping into the fantasy world. There are plenty of crazy greens in real world. Put it on the wishlist I would like to see your interpretation of the Himalayas putting course/green at St Andrews.

Stewart Parker did the Himalayas putting green for Links 2003.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#26 Ninja_Prime

Ninja_Prime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSuffolk UK

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:34 AM

Version 2 of The Glade is now ready for release over at OGT, hope you enjoy it.

The_Glade_2.jpg

Courses designed:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users