39 replies to this topic

#1 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:39 PM

Hi, I have a problem. I am trying to build my own course in unity. Everything is ok, but when I want to build it (build the final scene), it will stop after 10 - 15% and never finish. When I stop it manually and then want to switch off unity, unity will crash and write that program is not working. Do you have any ideas, how to repair it?  (I use unity 5.2.3)

#2 rmoor13

rmoor13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNewtown, Pennsylvania

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:42 PM

The initial build will take a really long time.  My first build took 47 minutes.  Perhaps you're not allowing it to finish.

#3 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:47 PM

Welcome,

There are a few critical elements that may cause a course not to build.

Instead of guessing, I'd suggest watching the Tutorials on Building 

your course.

I'll venture a guess but they're are more...

OB must surround the whole course, or holes being built.

Each hole must have at least 1 tee,3,pins of each difficulty, 1 shot point on par 4, 2 shot points on par 5

Tees and pins must match the hole number they are assigned to.

Scene name must not contain capital letters, spaces.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#4 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:02 PM

I have 1 hole. Every tee, 6 pins, it is par 4 so i also have 1 shot. 1 Water hazard and also out of bounds around the hole. No capital letters and no spaces in name. I wated almost 1,5 hour (my hardware is good, so there isn t a problem). It is relly annoying, because I love golf and it is relly fun for me to build a course, but I can make all course and than there is only last step, but it just can t go. So if you have any idea, please help me :-) .

#5 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:07 PM

Maybe only thing - when I want to finish my plans in course (plans  = I think the lines) it write to me this: Tehe are 22 splines to update. Do you want do proceed?. It is only think, which is not in tutorial, but I have no idea, what is wrong.

(I m not from UK or America, so I can speak english, but you know, it isn t my home language :-) ) 

#6 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:14 PM

Yes, you build the splines (the lines you see that go around the outside of each shape e.g. fairway, light rough, bunker) before you build the course. Yes, it will say there are "X" many splines to update. You want to say "yes". Save the scene and project and terrain.

Press the down arrow (I always have to do it twice) at the top left of the scene and you should see a progress bar telling you the build is happening. As said before it's a long process first time around.

Try again and good luck.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#7 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

You didn't say if you have followed the Tutorials?

Everything is covered.

Each time you draw a Spline you would then click one of the Control

Points on that spline and then recalculate to fill it in with mesh.

Since you are only trying to build one hole, you may try clicking

on an OB control point and recalculating. This will calculate everything

inside OB. 

You may have mistakenly planted a rouge pin or tee, in this case

you would need to turn on Debug Mode so that you can see all 

splines and pins and tees listed and delete the unwanted ones.

This is all covered in the video tutorials. Take your time, there is no rush.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#8 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:48 AM

Another important point is to make sure that none of your splines are touching or overlapping. To check this out press SHIFT to see the extent of your spine including the blend. It may look as if your splines aren't touching but unless you press the SHIFT key you don't know for sure. This is also dealt with in Mike's excellent tutorials.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#9 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:38 PM

So I tried to wait some time. Now it is about 5 hours and something moved, but it isn t finifhed yet. No lines are crossing, but I think that this is write to me that some lines need to update because the pot bunkers I put there. If you have some other idea about this problem, please write it down. 

Thank you so much for your help :-) -

#10 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:44 PM

So, I have put here the pictures. Firlst is the hole and second is building scene after 5,5 hours.

:-(

Attached Files

#11 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

What is is the relevance of 7/11 and is the slash symbol legal.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#12 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:05 PM

So I tried to wait some time. Now it is about 5 hours and something moved, but it isn t finifhed yet. No lines are crossing, but I think that this is write to me that some lines need to update because the pot bunkers I put there. If you have some other idea about this problem, please write it down.
Thank you so much for your help :-) -

I can see that no splines are crossing but some of them look very close. Have you pressed the SHIFT key to check that the spine blends don't touch?
If you update the rough spline (green) and the splines do touch you will get a phenomenon called Z fighting, which is almost like an interference pattern.
WWG1WGA

#13 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:18 PM

yea I checked the lines

#14 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:20 PM

sorry, but I don t undersant you :-) (even with google translator) so could you please write it more easier? :-)

#15 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:22 PM

I have checked all lines even with shift and it is OK. Do you think, that the problem could be with pot bunkers? I can put here much detail images, but don t know, if it will help

#16 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:30 PM

Maybe it will be helpfull for you. And of course

Attached Files

#17 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:31 PM

And of course big thanks to all of you. 

(I tried to write in in last post, but something wrong hapened :-) )

Attached Files

#18 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:48 PM

I could have a look at your project if you send me your project file. I'm certainly not an expert but I can take a look for you.
n.bonaparte@ntlworld.com
WWG1WGA

#19 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:09 PM

One thing that is hogging your system is that

you have some settings checked that should not be.

Uncheck Precomputed Realtime GI, BaKed GI, and the Auto box at bottom

XDuez3A.jpg

#20 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:11 PM

What version of unity I should actually use? Is it still 5.2.3? Yeah, and I have send th e-mail. :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users