where can I find this setting please? :-) I will try to uncheck it

#22 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

Ohhhh my friends!! That s it. I just unchecked these three things and now I can try my own hole. But twoo things (I know it s probalby in tutorials but pleeeeease). When I start the hole, there s something like big fog there. You know, you can see only about 150 meters.

And then the water. When I hit water, the ball just fell inside, but there is no water hit effect and then the ball is rolling under the water.(You can t see the ball of course, but the camera is rolling) And the drop is crazy, it put me somewhere to the edge of the map, where is out of bounds, so I can t uderstand it.

But many many thanks to you, especially to NoPutt. :-) :-)

And the bunkers are so dark (no all of them). Do you know why?

#23 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:26 AM

See post above and set your fog to those settings.

Click on the water in scene, then under mesh collider

click on small button to the right of  where the pic says water and 

choose water from the list that appears.

kmOSaL4.jpg?1

Please review the Bunker tutorial, your bunkers need a 

"normal map" adjustment.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#24 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:57 PM

Hi, thanks for the water help. I ve got one more small problem. When I scroll the camera (I mean the main view, not the object) or move with the angle, there is something like big circle shadow. Everything is much more darker. Do you have any idea, why is this happening?

#25 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

yeah, and also. My ground lines definitely aren t cross or at least close to each other, but it still write to me if I want to update them. O have no idea, what to do, because the textures are crazy, so fairway looks like half semi rough, half rough and maybe a little like a fairway. 

#26 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

yeah, and also. My ground lines definitely aren t cross or at least close to each other, but it still write to me if I want to update them. O have no idea, what to do, because the textures are crazy, so fairway looks like half semi rough, half rough and maybe a little like a fairway.

The lines/spline don't have to cross to give you problems. If they are too close together you will get the crazy textures that you are experiencing. As I mentioned before this is called Z-fighting. Just shrink the innermost splines slightly and then update the outermost (rough) spine.
I also mentioned before to press the SHIFT key when you have a spine highlighted, have you done this because it will show if your spines are too close together.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#27 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:40 PM

You must have some point of a spline too close to another, this

is the only reason for a mesh not to fill.

To remove the camera shadow, double click

on any object in the heirarchy,(usually the human height tool is what most use.)

This camera shadow mostly happens by using the scroll wheel instead

of the move keys.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#28 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:44 PM

You must have some point of a spline too close to another, this
is the only reason for a mesh not to fill.
To remove the camera shadow, double click
on any object in the heirarchy,(usually the human height tool is what most use.)
This camera shadow mostly happens by using the scroll wheel instead
of the move keys.

I seem to remember another cause for the shadow appearing but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.
WWG1WGA

#29 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:04 PM

The closest plays between lines is 1.4 meters wide. It can t be this problem :-(

I woud like to post the picture, but I can post only 84kb file, so now I can do nothing

And of corse, I tried ito check it with the shift key, but it was everything OK.

#30 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

Ok, something has changed and textures are ok. Thanks Got, but the shadow (it isn t normal shadow, you just see only black color, so you can see nothing) is still there. so I see nothing from many angles and distance of camera :-(

#31 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:22 PM

Ok, something has changed and textures are ok. Thanks Got, but the shadow (it isn t normal shadow, you just see only black color, so you can see nothing) is still there. so I see nothing from many angles and distance of camera :-(

Try this:

http://www.perfectpa...ditor/?p=122418
WWG1WGA

#32 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:50 PM

OK, many thanks. It helped me. With teytures is still a problem, but it is strenght. It s ok (maybe 10 minutes) nad than it will become crazy. But after few minutes is OK again, so I hope, it won t be a big porblem. But the question is. Is it ok when I make water hazzard inside deep rough and can I do out of bounds inside my course, not only outside

#33 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:53 PM

Water hazard inside of deep rough is ok but you can only have the out of bounds outside of your whole course.
WWG1WGA

#34 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:01 PM

Ok, thank you very much, for your time and your help :-) . I hope, that were the last problems I had. :-)

So now, I can make some more holes, I hope. Is there some place, where I can put the finished course? I mean, something like big cloud for comunity courses.

#35 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:38 PM

You're welcome.
Zip the finished course using WinZip or a similar compression program and then upload this to the cloud using Dropbox which gives you a link which other users can use to download your course.
You can post the link here or on OGT.
WWG1WGA

#36 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

Sorry, but can someone exlain me the tees?

In my country is - black = men PRO, white = men HCP 0 - 11,7, yellow = men HCP 11,8 - 54, blue = women PRO or HCP 0-11,7, and red are for women HCP 11,8 - 54

I understand maybe tournament and chapionship, but what are back, forward, member and challenge? And ladies it s probably like our red tees, aren t they? 

#37 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:23 PM

http://www.perfectpa...ideo-tutorials/

#38 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:46 AM

Ok, thank you for the link. I watched it, but still can t understand the tees (Maybe I m a little demented :-) . )

#39 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:25 PM

You can have any number of tees you like,

at whatever distance you want them, but they usually

go in this order...

Championship = Longest Tee from green

Tournament= Second longest,  and so forth down the line.

The Challenge tees can be used anywhere, even in bunkers,

and are usually used for special tournaments, and they do not

need a tee box.

#40 Max Barrett

Max Barrett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:39 AM

5.2.3 is still the version to use. One thing you might consider is reinstalling Unity. My reason for suggesting this is that when I first tried to design a course mine would not compile. also Unity kept crashing when I tried to install assets, I was nearly tearing my hair out trying to make it work, finally I reinstalled Unity and the problem went away. Since then both Course Forge and Unity have worked really well.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users