#21 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:00 PM

Aah, good advice, will give it a try.

Any idea how to get rid of the cut-out areas weird shadows?

Not sure. Can you upload picture of it? After work today, I can check out the issue and see if it is something that can be changed.

#22 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:42 PM

Not sure. Can you upload picture of it? After work today, I can check out the issue and see if it is something that can be changed.

Thanks, your tip worked with the splines changed to rough. ;)

I cut out a piece in the fairway with a rough blend with  the main Unity terrain sticking through but it leaves a weird shadow pattern.

ZVbBrnR.jpg

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#23 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:59 PM

If you played with Dynamic Skies off that would go away I think...had the same problem on ST Andrews with the internal rough areas...after trying many things I just left it as a PG bug

#24 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

What does that mesh look like in Unity with Shaded Wireframe view?

It seems like the mesh could be garbled like you get with interfering splines or if too sharply curved in one area. However, I imagine no other splines are nearby?

#25 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:34 PM

If you played with Dynamic Skies off that would go away I think...had the same problem on ST Andrews with the internal rough areas...after trying many things I just left it as a PG bug

I think I'll go with that, I noticed it, tried to fix it, now it doesn't bother me at all.

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

#26 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:36 PM

What does that mesh look like in Unity with Shaded Wireframe view?

It seems like the mesh could be garbled like you get with interfering splines or if too sharply curved in one area. However, I imagine no other splines are nearby?

The mound is quite smooth but I think there is a transparent skin over the cut-out resulting in the shadows. Also it's not static but changes if you move around. 

#27 mikahenrik

mikahenrik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

Really liked this course. I think the 13th? par 3 was favorite on a first go. Some fancy terrain details as well.

#28 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:38 PM

Another one I don't know how to fix is the sand/bunker properties on the edge/blend just outside the canal. I've even checked on St Andrews and it's the same, if you place the ball right on the edge it plays as sand. I remember Mike said quite a while ago it is a known issue? .

Did you get this sorted. or is it a bug...

Tested all the greens and pins  in practice mode and there perfect, well done Mr Spotless!!!

• highfade likes this

#29 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:42 PM

Sorted, thanks to the tip from DPRoberts a few posts above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users