Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:28 PM

Below is a link to the getting started guide

Remember that this is a 'Work in Process', so you may want to frequent this link for updates.

Hope this helps individuals learn how to navigate around PG.

Andrew or Mike, you might consider 'pinning this topic'.

http://steamcommunit.../288140/guides/

• Kablammo11 likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#2 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:52 PM

I also made a first draft user guide for people who want to try and use the mouse swing but have no idea how it works! 

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=379449987

#3 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:38 PM

Any chance of putting these into a downloadable PDF, that can be added to from time to time

No worries made a word document out of it thanks

I would upload the Documents for anyone that wanted to use them in this format, but limited to 500kb.

CGX Bruce R

#4 balaceanca81

balaceanca81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:03 AM

I still can't figure out how to hit the ball,after i get the Practice screen..help..lol.

#5 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:31 AM

I still can't figure out how to hit the ball,after i get the Practice screen..help..lol.

Did you follow my instructions?

Richard

Posted Image

#6 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:01 AM

Click inside the swing meter, Right click to change clubs, smoothness, not speed is the escence max out your assetts.

CGX Bruce R

#7 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWorksop, Nottinghamshire

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:07 AM

As a long time powerstroker, I am finding the current motion swing almost impossible to use. I have read and reread the instructions, but even with everything on I cannot hit it properly.

I may be biased, but I still think the Links powerstroke is still the best implementation of a motion swing  ;)

Posted Image

#8 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:17 AM

As a long time powerstroker, I am finding the current motion swing almost impossible to use. I have read and reread the instructions, but even with everything on I cannot hit it properly.

I may be biased, but I still think the Links powerstroke is still the best implementation of a motion swing  ;)

You're biased Stephen :)

Powerstroke was great there is no denying it. I've found with our mouse swing that hardware makes a big difference. As soon as I upgraded to a corsair gaming mouse everything felt so much smoother like my mouse was gliding like a knife through butter and my motion swing game improved dramatically.

• TRCThrobbinhood likes this

#9 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:34 AM

It just doesn't feel natural to me to move the mouse backward and forward to swing the club.

I have found the vast majority of "gaming" mice to be far too big for my hand.  I do have a  Cooler Master Storm Xornet  that I got before Christmas that I am trying to find time to try, but real life is getting in the way.

Posted Image

#10 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:48 AM

Playing with RTS in Links (elite level) for the last 10 years or so and playing the game in real life for about 25 years I can safely say that motion swing is promising indeed. Being able to work the ball left/right and vice versa is something that was not really possible with RTS. That was the only setback in RTS really. But the specifics that only belong in a real life swing (set up, tempo, swingplane and swingspeed) are all presented in MS. It's really something! It's not something one learns in one afternoon, but making it something to really work on. It's almost like standing on the range again, making those long hours ff.. B).  When the ANI/Avatar is integraded in the swing realtime etc, it'll be something to behold. From one golfer to another Mike, my cap is off. -_-

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#11 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:02 PM

where's the manual gone ???

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#12 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:06 PM

How can u resize the grid

#13 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:17 PM

Yes, please make it smaller.

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#14 JoeSmith

JoeSmith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:35 PM

hit f8 and type gr_cellWidth 1 and then hit f8 again. 

that makes the grid half as big.  If you want it smaller still the use 0.5 instead of 1.  You can expect some lag in your machine if you have an older computer.  This needs to be done every time you start playing because it loads a grid of 2 at the startup.

• wjd1979 likes this

#15 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:15 AM

You're biased Stephen :)

Powerstroke was great there is no denying it. I've found with our mouse swing that hardware makes a big difference. As soon as I upgraded to a corsair gaming mouse everything felt so much smoother like my mouse was gliding like a knife through butter and my motion swing game improved dramatically.

Because hardware makes a big difference this should be mentioned in the Motion Swing Guide maybe a list of known mice it works well with. People will freak out that the concept becomes evident that they may need to buy a new mouse in addition to the game to use it effectively with motion swing but those that really want to use motion swing and are perplexed by how difficult it is to use should maybe be infromed in the guide what other options they have to make it work.

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#16 sham63

sham63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:46 PM

I bought this today and I don't like the way tempo affects the swing. The tempo I like just doesn't work for this game. The meter also seems to move too fast for me as I swing. I will practice some more, but I may have to try clicking. I have been waiting for a new golf sim for a while, so I hope this game is it. Even though my pc is couple of years old, it should be capable for this game. It is an I5 2400, 8 gb ram, and a GTX660Ti 

#17 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:01 PM

I bought this today and I don't like the way tempo affects the swing. The tempo I like just doesn't work for this game. The meter also seems to move too fast for me as I swing. I will practice some more, but I may have to try clicking. I have been waiting for a new golf sim for a while, so I hope this game is it. Even though my pc is couple of years old, it should be capable for this game. It is an I5 2400, 8 gb ram, and a GTX660Ti 

Ok first of all in the event you have not read - please read the Guides relating to motion swing they can be found on the Community Page at Steam for Perfect Golf - just click on the word Guides which is at the top there are many words across the top, Discussions, Videos, News, ........ Guides 

Ok now first of all in Motion Swing I think you should try doing this - left click the mouse inside the Big C thing and do NOTHING - just relax and if you do not move the mouse nothing happens - THEN when you move the mouse try to move it straight back and straight up 

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MOVE IT AS FAST AS YOU MOVED IT IN OTHER GOLF GAMES - Nor should you. 

Try to move it slow - if you do move it to slow it will mess up - But just move it and when the meter gets at the top but still in the white area not light yellow or red - still in the white area then move the mouse forward 

ALL of the Assists should be set a Maximum - set these at Maximum all of them until you get used to it. This game is more like real golf the normal, sane person has to practice to be able to use motion swing and to have a chance to shoot under par especially when using motion swing. 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#18 sham63

sham63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:57 AM

I did read the guide. I just don't really like the feel of Motion Swing. Just a personal preference I guess.

#19 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

I really think we need a way to amend the swing tempo to suit our own tempo, not have it dictated by the game.  Different golfers swing in different ways.

Posted Image

#20 rane

rane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:33 AM

I must say, i'm not very fond of the motion swing either - its the slow tempo that bothers me. Not because i'm used to the Links motion swing (well that too) but it just seems wrong - in the sense of a golf swing - to control a golf character and make him shoot 100% shots with that little mouse movement.  It felt great in Links, because with your mouse you could do either a slow or fast backswing...and then choose how hard your downswing would be - and the complete swing experience would determine power, direction etc.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users