#3 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:46 PM

Been very dead in here lately but most who were here are playing both OGT and PGLS events so its not because of boredom but just lack of information.  I still play at least two tournament rounds a day and enjoying it just wish there was more info here and dialog but it is what it is.

• worrybirdie likes this

#4 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:14 AM

Maybe the game has become priority 2, behind the TV stuff.

Playing new courses and doing CF tutorials keeps the interest going for non-tournament players like me, but I don't think I'm alone in hoping the next update is sizeable.  Hoping, not expecting.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#5 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:53 AM

I'm bored with the game.  So for me, it's pure boredom coupled with nearly zero information.  What is there to possibly talk about??

• Parboy likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#6 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:09 AM

Boredom can be fixed with different things and how you play. I play OGT at TP using 3C and the same at PGLS at Pro but I played the Stableford event at MS and the official PG event at kissing tree with RTSM AT Pro level. Any game you play will be boring if you don't think out of the box and create different ways to play. Just my two cents.

#7 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:10 AM

I play 1, sometimes 2 rounds about 3 times a week (avg over time) and that's it.

Not surprised the forum is quiet. Nothing to talk about.

On the plus side, the fighting is at a pleasantly low level!

#8 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:13 AM

@greensboronclion:

That's the spirit! Bring up swing method and difficulty level and we should have a nice solid mud slinging fight going again within the hour!

Maybe we should do a poll to see "what swing method is best"?

Lol. All joking of course.

:-)
  • Greensboronclion likes this

#9 jeffield

jeffield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:24 AM

The site is dead for 3 reasons.

1) it's been said that there won't be another update for the steam version. That all work is on the xboxone/Windows 10 version. killing the excitement around new courses since we know there won't be a career mode, there won't be more avatars (after waiting forever for them) and, after saying the game will evolve with big yearly dates it seems this version of the game Is getting left behind.

2) thegolfclub2 is launching very soon.

3) there is no information contrary to these rumors so why would anyone stay excited about a game that's getting left behind. Sure the game plays great. It's fun and challenging. Lots of nice real courses get released but the information and lack of progress of the game kills it.

Am i wrong?
  • Jimbo63, Parboy, worrybirdie and 2 others like this

#10 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:27 AM

@jeffield:

Seems like we will still have forum conversation here about the "new" version too though won't we?
Just the lack of any information about updates to *any* version seems like the bigger issue.

Agree about TGC2 - I'm hoping the swing is interesting. I'm sure the visuals will be spectacular.

#11 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:49 AM

Boredom can be fixed with different things and how you play. I play OGT at TP using 3C and the same at PGLS at Pro but I played the Stableford event at MS and the official PG event at kissing tree with RTSM AT Pro level. Any game you play will be boring if you don't think out of the box and create different ways to play. Just my two cents.

Good points and I'm glad that works for you.  But for me, this game has the core basics in good shape but the appeal is waiting for it to reach its full potential.  By that I mean bringing the game out of the dark ages graphically.

It's literally been months since any mention from the devs of any work in this area.  Without any communication there's literally nothing to talk about.  I never would've bought into the game if I'd have thought that this is far as it will go graphically.  I'm still hopeful that the game will advance but I have to say, as the months trickle by with absolutely zero action... the fire starts to fade.  That's not to say that once they finally come out with something that the fire won't be rekindled but until then... dull, dull embers slowly fade.  LOL!

• RobV likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#12 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:01 AM

TGC2 won't even be on my radar unless it does a 180 on gameplay as the first version was horrid. No idea what the future of the game holds on steam and to be honest if this is as good as it gets its still light years better than any other golf game out there. I just 0lay and the lack of a career mode is no big thing to me as I like in Links play tournaments only anyway and have no problem with that.

#13 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:00 AM

I've been with "the cause" for a very long time. I must admit, looking back on our history, I am beginning to despair. Please tell us that you're going to address all of the major issues (even if I have to pay again for a game I already paid for, and was led to believe would be finished someday). Give us decent AI, a course construction program that's actually usable (don't forget TF), and a whole bunch of other things we've been patiently waiting for. Don't know what your current payroll is but I suspect it will take more than two of you.

Nice game so far though.

• Jimbo63 likes this

#14 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:45 AM

I'm a bit burned out lately on the design front. My wife and I have had a couple of personal setbacks that are consuming most of our energy and causing much stress in our lives, so I have less time for frivolity as things are right now. But I haven't been terribly inspired by much either. I've been trying to teach myself how to do buildings and clubhouses but I'm having a hard time keeping focus with it; I kind of feel like my work isn't evolving unless I improve in those areas, so I'm trying to work on that. Cherry Hills needs 3D work and it is a struggle to get it together at the moment.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#15 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:40 AM

I was going to make a Feature Request in the Perfect Golf Feature Request forum that they take away the Perfect Golf Feature Request forum. Maybe they could call it Perfect Golf Whistling-In-the-Wind forum.

Oh, they'll release the new stuff eventually and there'll be a flurry of excitement but when I think about it - 3D grass, new animations, improved graphics and what not still won't get me playing regularly and often. My theory is that playing solo is sort of like the law of diminishing returns i.e. the benefits gained is less than the energy invested. When guys like mebby are getting bored then I would start to worry. That seems to support my theory. There are too many games where the excitement is generated by the competitive multiplayer aspect and unless true PvP gameplay is promoted, encouraged and implemented efficiently PG will probably stagnate. I'm interested in how TGC2 will approach multiplayer.

But you're right - lack of information from PP is despairing. If PG was my baby I would be enthusiastically sharing every new breakthrough here and everywhere. It's amazing how enthusiasm is infectious. It is somewhat revealing that there isn't much communication. It indicates either a lack of enthusiasm on their part or a lack of progress.

• Jimbo63, worrybirdie, RobV and 1 other like this

#16 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:47 AM

Hope things improve on the home front Matt.  Even if you have to put CF aside for a while rest assured your work to date has been much appreciated.

As for 3D it's admirable you're even trying.  If I ever get a course finished I think I'll just beg someone who knows what they're doing to create the objects.  CF will be hard enough.

• erwildcat likes this

#17 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:34 AM

i think it would be a big plus if this game where

sold to a larger gaming company that had the resources 

and people to get it to where it should be.

could be a real moneymaker in the right hands

with some real marketing.

as it sits now, i wonder when im going start it up only to find out it is gone.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#18 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:00 AM

I am done designing for a while- I have lots if ideas but it`s  taking up too much of my free time that is limited  , Testing new courses over at Ogt  as well...

Work and caring for my folks is taxing  and main priority!.

Picked up my guitars again and back into getting  back up to speed and still beta testing PG, so that`s it for me .

#19 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:12 AM

Whilst I agree that communications from the devs could be better I don't agree that the game is becoming boring. As a sport golf has its exciting moments but it's never going to be on the same level in competitive excitement to games such as football, rugby or other team games.
Golf is what it is, a game that you can play alone against the course or competitively against others but it's rarely going to set the sporting or gaming world on fire. As a solo player and part-time designer I'm more than happy with the product as it is but looking forward to what is to come.
If you're not enjoying what we have at present I suggest you play or do something else in the mean time and give PG a rest for a few weeks.
  • Greensboronclion likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#20 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:06 AM

Picked up my guitars again and back into getting  back up to speed and still beta testing PG, so that`s it for me .

What a wonderful idea ping!   I too have a guitar and just picked up a cheap bass guitar at an estate sale, beautiful condition too!    Time to play again!! 

I am literally down to 9 holes a month, if that.   I visit the forums in the mornings with a cup of coffee, hoping to see some signs of life, but it is literally the same threads over and over.   Even forum participation is down.. same posters, same topics, same issues, same lack of communication.   When was the last time someone "new" signed into the forums to express different ideas or thoughts about the game?   You see them in the bug forum every once in a while, but once their issues are addressed or post answered, poof...they are gone.   

Say what you want about TGC2 whether you like it or not, but one thing nobody can deny is how the HBS staff has always been part of the community, answering posts, asking questions, etc... just openly being active in their forums.   That simply does not happen here. 

• Parboy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users