• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#41 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:13 PM

Which is unrelated to the fact that specifically in the gaming part of life, some people only want to play a certain game or genre.

..and if golf is your thing, specifically Perfect Golf, it's fair to be pretty frustrated with the pace of development.

I know you are friends with the Dev guys, but there really is no need to defend the slow pace.

On any objective scale, this is one of the slowest developing games I can recall.

I'm not defending anything really.  I like vanilla.  I just don't understand how someone could never eat any other flavor.  Same way with golf.  I like golf.  Just can't understand how someone could never play anything else, that's all.

• Tigers Agent likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#42 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:16 PM

I do other things (go to work for a living and play real golf at weekends). Great, the forum is quiet. Whoopy do. Crikey, even Ted B who I'm sure some weeks ago said he no longer played JNPG and had lost all interest in it, felt the need to fire off another sarcasm laden post, lol.

I've lost all interest in playing the game - that's all. This forum is the first site I open when I come to each morning. Partly because I'm curious to see if there is some news and partly because I luv yas all. My only friends in the world. Even the unfriendly ones.

OK. I'm off for my beach walk and when I get to work I'll check out the forum and write a post for a couple of hours (because I can't play on my peeeeeannnooo - Eric Morecombe ref.)

#43 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:30 PM

Well Ted it looks like your thread got this place... well, at least this thread jumpin'!  I think what's happened here is that JNPG is a partially evolved product that has reached a point of stasis in its development curve.  There's nothing really 'new' to discuss, so those who are playing the game are playing the game quietly and chatting among themselves or in the multiplayer lobby.

I think a lot of folks (myself included) got their hormones stirred by the list of game-changing features (mo-capped golfers, 3D Turf Effects grass, Speedtree Instancing, Career mode, cross-play with XBox One) that are going to usher this game into a new era.  I was thinking these features might all be a reality by June of this year.  It's pretty clear now that isn't going to happen and the natural human reaction is to feel a little deflated. 

The quality of gameplay that drew us to the game originally hasn't changed and is still there, yet many of us were expecting to see something more befitting of today's PC's graphics processing and display technologies at this point.  I'm confident that The Golf Club 2 is going to raise the bar in terms of performance and appearance.  That will increase the onus on JNPG to up its game and utilize all of everything that DirectX 11/12, Unity 5.5+, SpeedTree instancing & Windows 10 have to offer in its Windows 10/Xbox One edition to compete. 

• mebby likes this

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#44 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:03 PM

It should be a concern for the developers,there are die hard fans that are starting to think about TGC 2 .Lack of progress is a big concern yes ,but even more is the lack of info from the development team.The last patch increased numbers in the lobby but i have noticed its starting to decline again.The game needs a major update soon or in 6 months time i can see maybe 20-30 in the lobby not the 200-300 i would like to see.

#45 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:11 PM

Well Ted it looks like your thread got this place... well, at least this thread jumpin'!  

Yeah J.  It's like a red rag to a bull when I see the forum listlessly falling away. Unfortunately I think a post I made in the 'Wasted Time' thread caused it to be removed. Win some, lose some. I hope they remove threads making reference to alcohol consumption as well.

• RobV and maxie like this

#46 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:33 PM

it's been said that there won't be another update for the steam version. That all work is on the xboxone/Windows 10 version. killing the excitement around new courses since we know there won't be a career mode, there won't be more avatars (after waiting forever for them) and, after saying the game will evolve with big yearly dates it seems this version of the game Is getting left behind.

there is no information contrary to these rumors so why would anyone stay excited about a game that's getting left behind. Sure the game plays great. It's fun and challenging. Lots of nice real courses get released but the information and lack of progress of the game kills it.

At this point we do not even know if the Windows 10 version will be through Steam or Microsoft Store.  But since it will be using the XBOX Live multiplayer it is possible that Steam is not the right place for it.

A lot of speculation and not a lot of answers at this point.  The reason is we dont have any yet.  As soon as we know and are in a position to communicate we will do so.

No decision has been made about this yet. There is no technical reason why we cannot support dx11+ gaming on Steam.

#47 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:47 PM

Disparaging comments of a small team that I

am certain have put their heart and soul into developing a 

virtual golf game that is sure to surpass all others concerns me. 

If you want fast food, try McDonalds, If you want a

good meal, You'll have to wait.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#48 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:54 PM

Disparaging comments of a small team that I

am certain have put their heart and soul into developing a 

virtual golf game that is sure to surpass all others concerns me. 

Have there really been any personal or disparaging comments about the team itself?

I feel like we are really on topic about the game and pace of development.

Surely there is, at some point, a time when it's fair to critique things, no?

Are you saying just because it's a small team, that we can make absolutely no critical comments or observations at any point in time?

I would remind you that we did *pay* for the game.  

This is not a free or open source project, etc.

• Jimbo63, worrybirdie, RobV and 3 others like this

#49 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:56 PM

I had one of most awesome rounds at San Antonio yesterday. I was pumping the air through the last 5 holes as I birdied each one having really struggled on the front nine. I've just passed 1000hrs on this game.

More information would be nice of course but there may not be any just now. JNPG is what I turn to when I want a good round of computer golf. It's not there to cure everyone's boredom. When I don't want to play computer golf I don't boot up JNPG.

I tried TGC VR for a bit but I don't find myself playing that any more. I've never felt motivated to complain I am not being entertained on their forums though. The game is good for what it is, it just doesn't suit me right now. That's not their fault.

What will be will be.

TPC San Antonio is a real beast as a ton of long irons and 7W second shots out there.  Great test and great fun.

#50 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:19 PM

this will not go over good but i'm saying it anyway.

how many years are we going to play this game on the 

initial money we paid, what most of us a few years now.

i bet money would get us some good progress.

i would bet this game is just barely holding its head above water.

im ready to pay a season pass yearly. and hell it was an expensive day

finding out and paying a 24k+ IRS bill.

so you guys who puff out their chest and say im paying no more money on this

game while having a computer with mega specs in your sig.

give it some thought before running this down.

you know what they say money makes the world go round.

• Greensboronclion likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#51 justin01626

justin01626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:37 PM

this will not go over good but i'm saying it anyway.

initial money we paid, what most of us a few years now.

i bet money would get us some good progress.

i would bet this game is just barely holding its head above water.

im ready to pay a season pass yearly. and hell it was an expensive day

finding out and paying a 24k+ IRS bill.

so you guys who puff out their chest and say im paying no more money on this

game while having a computer with mega specs in your sig.

give it some thought before running this down.

you know what they say money makes the world go round.

Take my money now if that helps with the process, but we cant pay for something that's not  out ?.

• cajuncapgun likes this

#52 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:44 PM

Facts:

People are still playing tournaments and playing with their friends in the lobby.  The forum was quiet because there's nothing to talk about.

People that are bored with the game, will probably be bored with the new version once the new car smell of 3D grass, career mode, etc...wears out.

• Ian, Richard and Greensboronclion like this

#53 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:44 PM

Davey your missing the point the guys that have spent the money trying to develope the game have no feed back from the developers.The point being,will new people/pc golfers buy the game?No because its already been sold , this game has reached its peak as far as the pc is comcerned.Do you think a few new updates are going to populate the lobby? Golf on the pc is dead and im just glad that we still have a few that like to play it.But as a business model its pointless thats why EA bailed out theres no money in it .

#54 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:57 PM

no money coming in, how could you expect to get any info

they can't afford to hire or sub contract things out to further this game.

when this started we had communications with REHIT fielding all the forum stuff

and keeping us up with what was happening don't know what happened to the fellow 

when he left most of the communication did to.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#55 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:57 PM

Facts:

People are still playing tournaments and playing with their friends in the lobby.  The forum was quiet because there's nothing to talk about.

People that are bored with the game, will probably be bored with the new version once the new car smell of 3D grass, career mode, etc...wears out.

This is true but will your  site be worthwhile when you have 20-30 players? How many active players playing now? Bigger question how many do you expect  playing in 6-9months time ? Look at the figures the game is only being played by hard PG fans even an amazing update wont bring in new golfers .They developed a good golf game on the pc but theres no market for the pc its elsewhere.

#56 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:02 AM

Facts:

I totally disagree, especially with that last line (which honestly just feels like a cheap shot at certain types of gamers here)

A lot of "boredom" is with the very dated visuals and lighting.

Additionally, the lack of anything meaningful in single player is a huge problem for many people who just want to fire through that sort of stuff at their own pace, etc.

Finally - vastly expanded multiplayer pool size (by going win10+xb1) would immensely help.  

We simply need way more people to pull from so the lobby is vibrant and diverse at all hours for all types of rounds and difficultly levels and swings.

• MERACE, mebby and maxie like this

#57 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:04 AM

initial money we paid

Totally with you!

That's why I'd love that new version to be out so we can pay them again!

My Visa card is ready to roll..

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#58 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:17 AM

Totally with you!

That's why I'd love that new version to be out so we can pay them again!

My Visa card is ready to roll..

hell i put a couple hundred in my steam account expecting it to

happen last year less a few courses im ready to

Klipsch Sound System

#59 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:28 AM

I never said the word Personal, but disparaging.

And of course we are welcome to critique anything,

but why rush the waiter when the Chef is cooking

like mad. You can't send back the meal if you have

eaten half the steak.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#60 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:30 AM

I never said the word Personal, but disparaging.
And of course we are welcome to critique anything,
but why rush the waiter when the Chef is cooking
like mad. You can't send back the meal if you have
eaten half the steak.

What if the customer has been waiting so long they die at the table?
  • LeazesNDR likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users