111 replies to this topic

#21 QBL_MrCobra

QBL_MrCobra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:34 PM

Hmmm...I don't think its all that bad using easy roads...just need to take a bit of care really...you can also change out the textures and add your own... I don't think I've had too bad a result really...
Caa0SAN.jpg
WB0X8ST.jpg
BMbO0hD.jpg

Hello Rob,

I'm using easyroad too, but how do you put the little bit of grass on it. I can't do it, i've tryed that.

Thanks

#22 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

Everything is Easy for RobC, You should see his version of sawgrass, took him about 5 months with TW but its art on a computer.

CF is much more User friendly.

I used to have nightmares with the Cartpath in TW, sure creating one around a hole was a piece of cake, creating it say from medium Rough around a tight curve from one texture to another say from the rough around and up through aTee texture and back out again was no fun.

Not having a go at you Larry, grabbed a piece of terrain from that link you gave me, I figuire if I canot get good imagery from Australia through the USGS, used to be able to get world topography from that site once with the right Co-ordinates I think, anyway I will just play with what I have and if I make anythig out of it, keep it to myself, all good experience.

Going to use the Australian Golf Club as a Layoutand see what I get.

RobC was one of the finest designers ever during the TW series of games. Every course he ever made was spectacular.

Downloaded your first ever course Larry, Can I do the height map you talked about someone did, using the Unity Programme.

• axe360 likes this

CGX Bruce R

#23 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

Hello Rob,

I'm using easyroad too, but how do you put the little bit of grass on it. I can't do it, i've tryed that.

Thanks

I get my path texture and my rough texture and using Photoshop(or some other paint tool) clone stamp the rough texture on the edges of the path texture then change out the stock EasyRoads path texture

Cheers Rob

#24 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:07 PM

Visually, the best paths ever seen so far in the game.... Rob, I will compliment your attempts and efforts. For sharing that info too.... nicely done.

However... ever seen a ball roll under your paths ?

#25 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:32 PM

I only tried easy roads once...and once was enough! fiddly, floating looking and damn nearly caused me to lose a full 18 holes.  Maybe i'm not practised enough, it just appeared too much hassle for something that could possibly hinder play and offers very little in return.  Robs do look pretty good though, any other course with the lighter plain color just looks like someone has gone around the course with scotch tape.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#26 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:01 PM

That path texturing by RobC makes those EasyRoads paths look so much better.  

I agree the hovering paths look weird, but you can set the path meshes lower than the recommended .15 that Mike suggests.  On Riviera I set the paths at .08 and managed to avoid most of the z-fighting in game.  Not quite flush on the ground but less "floaty" looking.

#27 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:30 PM

Whilst still admiring the comments... I would like to naturally know if Players have issues with balls rolling under these paths (Easy Roads). My game isn't perfect lol.... but trust me, once a round is enough. When you suddenly see your ball roll under a cart path and then ping pong underneath and whatever realism immersion you had planned, totally leaves the room - it begins a painful experience.

#28 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:45 PM

Whilst still admiring the comments... I would like to naturally know if Players have issues with balls rolling under these paths (Easy Roads). My game isn't perfect lol.... but trust me, once a round is enough. When you suddenly see your ball roll under a cart path and then ping pong underneath and whatever realism immersion you had planned, totally leaves the room - it begins a painful experience.

Somebody didn't set the properties correct.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#29 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:15 PM

How about most....?

Try landing a ball on the path itself... and then putting off..... as it gets to the edge of these Easy Road cart paths, it seems to become an elastic band and stutter as it tries to roll onto the mesh. Sometimes it achieves proper ground, sometimes it remains on the path, unable to roll off.

This isn't a typical way of playing from a cart path, but purely as an example to highlight the issues. I've had shots where my ball has landed on the very edges of cart paths and not bounced... and had rolls on balls where it finds cart paths and then goes into the Twilight Zone of roll outs..... Unfortunately, I cannot show you these, as many appear to video everything lately..... I don't.

I just repeated it on Riveria, 1st hole where the cart path splits the two fairways...

#30 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

The SHT file is here for illustrative purposes only.

#31 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:33 PM

My big issues are all the steps you have to go thru, just to lay down a section of path. Seems like a huge hassle to me.  But, my course has to have  paths so off I go. I was just hoping at least Somebody had ever heard of the future for a "cart path tool" that is user friendly?

Thanks nice interaction.

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#32 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

Visually, the best paths ever seen so far in the game.... Rob, I will compliment your attempts and efforts. For sharing that info too.... nicely done.

However... ever seen a ball roll under your paths ?

Nope :D

Totally Agree...If the settings are correct then this shouldn't happen

• Crow357 likes this

#33 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:52 PM

I just repeated it on Riveria, 1st hole where the cart path splits the two fairways...

Then the designer didn't set the properties correct.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#34 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

RobC are you using the Free Version or Paid? Wondering if you have to go thru so many steps with the Paid Version?

Or if anyone else knows?

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#35 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:00 PM

I guess one thing I worry about is that you have to delete easy roads in order to compile. Let's say you do that to look at a section in game and you forgot to say raise it up, as far as I know, you cant go back and fix it. You can go back and reinstall easy roads to continue where you left off but once you delete it, that part of the path is Never fixable?

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#36 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:02 PM

RobC are you using the Free Version or Paid? Wondering if you have to go thru so many steps with the Paid Version?

Or if anyone else knows?

Free version

#37 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:05 PM

Free version

Thanks. I guess I just got to dive in and learn it. It just feels like if I do one thing wrong, there goes my course.

I know I can save it before doing it but I hate to do a quarter of my paths only to find out, after I delete and compile, that I did something wrong.

Oh well. If it was easy, anyone could do it. ;)

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#38 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:09 PM

I just do all my paths last...save the final version then add the paths...can't lose any work that way

But I haven't lost anything or messed up any terrains yet

#39 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:10 PM

Sounds  like gr8 advice. Thanks my brotha! I will do it that way..

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#40 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:53 PM

Just curious... why and what are the issues when creating Paths, in a similar fashion to this...

11uwarr.jpg

Ignore my planting attempts....very poor....lol. However, the Layers Library can produce some better edging for Paths, and may even improve upon the gameplay, that I believe is hampered by those failing to input parameters correctly. So... why isn't this used, and what am I missing?

• RobC likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users