398 replies to this topic

#341 jeffield

jeffield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:18 AM

Love to hear the progress reports of the next game.  Ive always thought the gameplay with rts-m was an excellent challenge.  I'm going to have to hdmi this to the tv to give the ps4 controller some time as i've heard good things about that method as well.  

Its also good to hear that the courses will transfer,  ive said it before but i think im going to have to go thru the tutorials and sink my teeth into course forge the way some of these great creators have done as i know it takes months to perfect a created course.

bring this game to console, either xbox or ps4 ( looking like xbox first from what im seeing ) and i will gladly go buy an xbox one x and jump right in.  

#342 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:48 AM

Thanks Andrew.

Are there, if i may ask, any plans to make any changes with the core gameplay? (Swings, physics, balancing of difficulty).

For instance: TGC2 has a tempo element in the controller. But it is implemented rather poorly - it's not granular enough. But as an idea i think it's very good. A tempo element that is more subtle could be a huge improvement for JNPGs controller swing.

TGC 2 needs the tempo element because the swing is not granular enough compared to JNPG's, with all due respect Frank i have played TP controller since the mop was brought in, and i know that to be consistent you have to apply some kind of virtual tempo, you cannot be fast/slow or slow/fast.  This game does not require a tempo to make it better, harder etc.  If you employ a legitimate controller the challenge is more than enough, are legit controller players ripping up the tours? not a chance.  Not only that, if you brought tempo requirement into the swing with a game that has courses with vastly differing  framerates you are just asking for trouble.  As a RTS-M player, maybe you are looking to curb zero axis players, sorry but that aint the way to go.

• Starliner640 likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#343 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:09 AM

I've found the new mo-caps of TGC 2 have made a huge positive impact on that game for me.  I don't doubt that equivalent, or better, mo-caps for JNPG 2 2 would have a similar positive impact.  

Yeah, but a mocap of a Feherty's octopus falling out of a tree would be an improvement on TGC's stock player. I blamed all my missed putts in TGC on his pants being pulled up too high.

#344 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:54 PM

TGC 2 needs the tempo element because the swing is not granular enough compared to JNPG's, with all due respect Frank i have played TP controller since the mop was brought in, and i know that to be consistent you have to apply some kind of virtual tempo, you cannot be fast/slow or slow/fast.  This game does not require a tempo to make it better, harder etc.  If you employ a legitimate controller the challenge is more than enough, are legit controller players ripping up the tours? not a chance.  Not only that, if you brought tempo requirement into the swing with a game that has courses with vastly differing  framerates you are just asking for trouble.  As a RTS-M player, maybe you are looking to curb zero axis players, sorry but that aint the way to go.

" As a RTS-M player, maybe you are looking to curb zero axis players, sorry but that aint the way to go."

Well DoGgz, PP put in that blasted anti cheat thing for us 3 click players.  Therefore there is no timing memory one can use when the swings deviate their timing every swing.  We are being punished by those who prefer to cheat.  This has never been the right thing to do.  If people were not so damn worried about winning they would simply not care about who may or may not cheat.  I know it is the farthest thing from my mind.  It is bad enough having this horribly unstable 3 click meter without changing the timing every swing at random. :)

• erwildcat, worrybirdie, RobV and 1 other like this

#345 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

" As a RTS-M player, maybe you are looking to curb zero axis players, sorry but that aint the way to go."

Well DoGgz, PP put in that blasted anti cheat thing for us 3 click players.  Therefore there is no timing memory one can use when the swings deviate their timing every swing.  We are being punished by those who prefer to cheat.  This has never been the right thing to do.  If people were not so damn worried about winning they would simply not care about who may or may not cheat.  I know it is the farthest thing from my mind.  It is bad enough having this horribly unstable 3 click meter without changing the timing every swing at random. :)

Well i cannot relate to the 3 click swing, so basically i don't care enough...take it up with PP  The fact remains that a legitimate controller user will experience as much of a challenge as any other MoP.

• DivotMaker likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#346 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:12 AM

As an MS player i have railed against the tempo penalty. It sounds like PG has given 3 clickers there own version. I guess there is consolation in company.

• GoldenBear likes this

#347 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:51 AM

Well i cannot relate to the 3 click swing, so basically i don't care enough...take it up with PP  The fact remains that a legitimate controller user will experience as much of a challenge as any other MoP.

No worries mate I was just drawing a comparison.

#348 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:30 PM

the swing in 3 click takes  roughly 1 and a half seconds to go from stop to 100 %.. the anti cheat kicks in  after you click  to start the down swing. This changes the  the time it takes  to get to the  snap line very slightly some times not at all other times a .1 to ,3 of a second. If one does not like that than 1 should ( as the good three clickers have) ignore the anti cheat and focus on timing the downswing by say the 9 o'clock position on the meter because the time it takes to go from 9 o'clock to 6 o'clock is always the same. roughly .75 seconds.. those that have cat like reflexes and good hand  eye response time have already figured this out. I have heard people say the meters all have different speeds. this is untrue.  Go test it out if you don't believe me. pitch full flop all about 1.5 sec to go from start to 100 %...

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#349 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:14 PM

A decent suggestion Sliceapottomus if one does not also have to deal with meter stutters on up and down swings, 3rd click slides and the new 3rd click jumps.  They are so bad now, especially the 3rd click slides that I rarely can get the snap on a putt!  As for fairways I hit on pro I average only 17%-35% because of this horrid meter.  But for 2 years this has fallen on deaf ears by PP.

It simply bemuses me that the most popular swing method has been left broken for so long.  PP saying they fixed it for the majority is not what I experience in conversations with others.  Oh well, what can one do?  lol

#350 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:03 PM

GB, it hasn't fallen on deaf ears.  They know all about the issue.  They haven't been able to replicate it or fix it.  I have a silky smooth meter on my PC, so I'm sorry, I can't replicate it either.

• GoldenBear likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#351 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:10 PM

I keep reading about this meter stutter in 3C,  i have a medium rig with a GTX 270 strix 4gb and 8gb system ram, 3C meter swing is smooth as butter.  Are you running PG on a low spec rig? no issues whatsoever with my PC.  To be honest, if i was playing 3C and got frequent meter issues that caused swing timing problems i would quit playing  Bottom line is if you have a medium to high system with minimal background programs running you should not be experiencing issues, PP will not issue a fix for something that affects a small minority of low spec pc users, sounds like you need a better pc.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#352 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:59 PM

agree with dogz... tried 3 click tour pro after  buying new pc and no stutters. I did happen to still notice a hiccup on the way down once or twice but then again I have not had to optimize my new pc because of its capabilities. when i used to 3 click though I did have trouble with the meter because the game is too cpu heavy. However on the old 2.6 quad core I had to run on low settings and optimize  my graphics card settings to run optimal. even had to go as far as to play 1200 x 800 to help out the cpu.. internet also plays a big part and if your latency sucks so will your gaming experience.

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#353 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:16 PM

I keep reading about this meter stutter in 3C,  i have a medium rig with a GTX 270 strix 4gb and 8gb system ram, 3C meter swing is smooth as butter.  Are you running PG on a low spec rig? no issues whatsoever with my PC.  To be honest, if i was playing 3C and got frequent meter issues that caused swing timing problems i would quit playing  Bottom line is if you have a medium to high system with minimal background programs running you should not be experiencing issues, PP will not issue a fix for something that affects a small minority of low spec pc users, sounds like you need a better pc.

I have a very high end comp which is what makes the issue so annoying.  I run minimal background processes.  It might be easy to say to quit to you DoGgz, but this is my favourite game.  I have a 6 core i7 cpu with a 15 mb cache, a GTX 980, 16 gigs of DDR4 ram, an Asus X99 mobo, an ssd/hdd combo and an 850 watt power supply.  This is no low end machine!  

Others try to say it might be my internet speeds.  Yea it must be since I only have 330 down and 20 up, good grief!  The problem remains the same and is on PP's side.  I personally think it is a disgrace that a complex game such as golf can be coded yet a simple 3 click meter cannot.

#354 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:26 PM

GB, it hasn't fallen on deaf ears.  They know all about the issue.  They haven't been able to replicate it or fix it.  I have a silky smooth meter on my PC, so I'm sorry, I can't replicate it either.

i played a round with GB today and we both got it, but that one i blame on the course

dancing rabbit very taxing on my mid card. also i find this not happening near as much playing solo

maybe it is our connections i got the best i can get for my location, im border line city/sticks

i got 60mbts figure it should be good enough.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#355 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:49 PM

I have an answer. I downloaded a program from Steam at their last big sale. $5.00.  works smooth with all my games.

especially this game. never a glitch.  

but seeing as these boys blocked me.. too bad they'll never find out.

• RobV likes this

#356 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:03 AM

Agree with Post #350 - 352 above. No stutter here, but I do have a higher end machine.

Richard

Posted Image

#357 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:04 AM

I have a very high end comp which is what makes the issue so annoying.  I run minimal background processes.  It might be easy to say to quit to you DoGgz, but this is my favourite game.  I have a 6 core i7 cpu with a 15 mb cache, a GTX 980, 16 gigs of DDR4 ram, an Asus X99 mobo, an ssd/hdd combo and an 850 watt power supply.  This is no low end machine!  

Others try to say it might be my internet speeds.  Yea it must be since I only have 330 down and 20 up, good grief!  The problem remains the same and is on PP's side.  I personally think it is a disgrace that a complex game such as golf can be coded yet a simple 3 click meter cannot.

GB I play the PGLS with 3C and never had anything but a smooth as butter meter but the problem very well might be above and let me explain. I play the game with fiber Internet direct hookup at the highest speeds in the industry and my provider is North State. Now if I trI'd to play the game at my beach house wI think the standard Time Warner/Spectrum the meter would be all over the place. Internet speed is everything and I would suggest you go online and check your Internet speed and just google Internet speed test and you will find one. I hope that helps.
  • Richard and GoldenBear like this

#358 erwildcat

erwildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationPiedmont North Carolina

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:34 AM

I have lousy internet where I live and really suffered with the spastic meter until recently when I reinstalled the game to my SSD drive. It made a huge difference. I still think that Steam is the biggest thing wrong with this game and I still get several glitches per round especially during peak gaming hours, but my overall satisfaction with the game is much higher now. I now think that the meter problem is not just an internet thing and not just a design flaw either, but some combination of perhaps many things. Thanks to the member who suggested the SSD solution. I only wish I had moved the game sooner. YMMV

ASUS Microsoft Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s),  (RAM) 16.0 GB

#359 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:44 AM

I have lousy internet where I live and really suffered with the spastic meter until recently when I reinstalled the game to my SSD drive. It made a huge difference. I still think that Steam is the biggest thing wrong with this game and I still get several glitches per round especially during peak gaming hours, but my overall satisfaction with the game is much higher now. I now think that the meter problem is not just an internet thing and not just a design flaw either, but some combination of perhaps many things. Thanks to the member who suggested the SSD solution. I only wish I had moved the game sooner. YMMV

i moved my steam files to the SSD a while back and it did make a big difference. like you i see a few burps per round

have just learned to live with it.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#360 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:57 AM

I have an answer. I downloaded a program from Steam at their last big sale. $5.00.  works smooth with all my games.

especially this game. never a glitch.  

but seeing as these boys blocked me.. too bad they'll never find out.

Well I don't have you blocked and interested in this program.   If you prefer, send me a PM.   On the flip side of things, I have a medium end rig and have the "occasional" stutter, but that is usually due from the course itself.  When that happens, I have to unfortunately remove that course from my library, no matter how nice it looks. 

• Tigers Agent likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users