29 replies to this topic

#1 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:20 PM

Hi, I just want to ask, if somebody know, how to rotate stripes on fairway and greens. I tried to use some nice textures and it looks relly good, but as you know, some fairways are in different direction than others, but textures are all in the same direction. So in one case you play on fairway, and the stripes look like cubes, and than you play in different direction and it looks like polygons. So is there some way to rotate those textures on fairways and greens?

#2 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:31 PM

You would need to take the texture into Photoshop or gimp and  rotate it.  Then  bring it into  CF clone your  original fairway, then bring that texture in you rotated.. You could have multiple  fairways at different degrees and just switch them out depending on the direction of  the fairway.

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#3 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:41 PM

Many thanks, so there isn t a way to have only one fairway and rotate it, am I right?

#4 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

Many thanks, so there isn t a way to have only one fairway and rotate it, am I right?

Correct.  On Castle Pines, I had 4 fairways and used the one with the most appropriate direction.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#5 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

Yeh, and can I somewhere download your course, you know, just like inspiration for my new one.

#6 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:49 PM

Sure :) http://simulation.on...view.html?id=69

#7 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:23 PM

wow, it s nice. And yeah, I have one more question. Is there way to nuild out of bounds inside the course, just for one hole. For example for hole with big dogleg. I also saw, that you put there a lot of grass and bushes, is it OK, won t it get my PC slower, when I put there a lot of these flora?

#8 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:28 PM

and where did you get so nice colouls flowers?

#9 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:37 PM

Only 1 OB, and must surround all holes.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#10 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:42 PM

Yeah, you can have only one OB spline, but maybe you can figure out how "snake" it in.  Some of the flowers were found in an image search on google and a couple were growing in my back yard :)

#11 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:46 PM

:-D. But really, how did you get those flowers as objects to unity? And if I have an object, for example a tree i have downloaded from internet, can I get this tree to speedtree section? And also this flowers?

#12 Dogsi7

Dogsi7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:48 PM

is this a base rouhg you used for this course, or it s different texture?

#13 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

Pictures cannot be imported as speedtrees.  For flowers however, you would import the image into your favorite paint program, add an alpha channel and save it with the alpha channel into the project's assets folder.

#14 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:10 PM

Only 1 OB, and must surround all holes.

I was aware of this, and now when I think on it this is a really unfortunate limitation when trying to duplicate real courses (or create new ones). I can think of several courses where they are divided into two (or more) parts.

#15 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:45 PM

As Art has stated, the OB spline does have to encircle all the

holes but can snake into an interior hole and snake back out to 

surround the others. Yes, there are some courses that have 2

or more sections, but they can be outlined with the OB spline with careful

thought and planning.

I do wish the Free Drop Hazard spline was functional.

While I'm wishing, I'd also like to see Spline Copy and Rotate.

• DPRoberts likes this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#16 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:01 AM

Unfortunately, there's no planar mapping with textures like there was in Links. So if you want multiple directions, you have to make multiple textures. I usually have one with straight mow lines and one with 45 degree diagonal lines.

Also, you can't​ do it for greens; if you have multiple green textures, you will have problems with cups.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#17 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:53 AM

As Art has stated, the OB spline does have to encircle all the

holes but can snake into an interior hole and snake back out to 

surround the others. Yes, there are some courses that have 2

or more sections, but they can be outlined with the OB spline with careful

thought and planning.

This is true for off-course areas, but without the ability to assign OOB to hole numbers, the CF/JNPG system is still very limited. I couldn't recreate my own local course because three dog-leg holes have the adjoining hole as OOB to stop short-cutting. I was able to add this easily on APCD for Links 2003, but it is impossible on CF for JNPG.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#18 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:51 AM

Yeah, there are certain situations/layouts where this may not be possible to do.

#19 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

This is true for off-course areas, but without the ability to assign OOB to hole numbers, the CF/JNPG system is still very limited. I couldn't recreate my own local course because three dog-leg holes have the adjoining hole as OOB to stop short-cutting. I was able to add this easily on APCD for Links 2003, but it is impossible on CF for JNPG.

I agree it would be nice to be able to draw OB for each hole, and I think we'll see that someday.

#20 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

Hi, I just want to ask, if somebody know, how to rotate stripes on fairway and greens. I tried to use some nice textures and it looks relly good, but as you know, some fairways are in different direction than others, but textures are all in the same direction. So in one case you play on fairway, and the stripes look like cubes, and than you play in different direction and it looks like polygons. So is there some way to rotate those textures on fairways and greens?

You can use a custom overhead texture in the course overlay slot. You then have to set the scale of the fairway texture to 0 in slot 1 to use the course overlay as your slot 1 tex.

• Ninja_Prime likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users