54 replies to this topic

#1 mikahenrik

mikahenrik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:39 PM

Hello everyone, I've been working on a couple of mountain themed courses for some time. Unfortunately been busy with my real work so progress has been quite slow. Need to do some visual improvements but have finally completed all holes and hopefully get the first versions out some time soon.

For those interested some pictures below and in the link. Any feedback, comments, recommendations are very welcome.

Mika

Mount Zanzibar Resort North Course 

http://imgur.com/a/Rrc2d

Fictional resort located in Eastern Africa. Wide slightly undulating fairways with some interesting bunkers and runoffs around the greens but nothing too bold.

FeM3SFP.jpg

5UN6ErX.jpg

6bmT4r5.jpg

Blackface Mountain

http://imgur.com/a/6FaCu

Fictional course set up at remote Scottish Highlands. This course is very rough and is only maintained by runaway Irish sheep farmer and his sheep. No machinery was used or any earth moved for this course. If you cannot handle a bad bounce or two, stay away from this course.

ytlJOgp.jpg

rzdnkCf.jpg

eayi9bw.jpg

• luetze and olazaboll like this

#2 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:07 PM

stunning work again!

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#3 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:12 PM

Great to see you've got that magic wand back out. They both look like they'll be beauties.

You're going to have to get some trees to do that African one justice. Acacia and baobab maybe. Not sure if you've taken on Speedtree but you certainly have the eye to do it.

#4 Goran JoeMen

Goran JoeMen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:47 PM

Yes, looking forward to tee up on both from the georgious screenshots! But I must say the scottish one looks very rough and promising.

There are many talented designers but yours are probably my most played courses, all five of them. They have so much replay value, if I have bad swing rhytm one day and spray the balls it is almost more fun because of the wide playing areas. No round plays like the last one.

http://www.goranmentzer.st

RTS-M pro  -  Intel i5-9600K 3.7ghz  - 16GB  RAM - GeForce RTX 2060 super  - 2560x1440

#5 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:06 PM

They both look fabulous Mike. I'm a huge fan!
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#6 granite00

granite00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:12 AM

Me too!!

#7 vainte

vainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:31 AM

The textures and colors in the Scottish course are just awesome, It all fits perfectly with your story of the course. Love all your courses Mika but extra excited about this one. If you need any aspect of these new ones tested PM me, would be delighted to help.

#8 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:14 AM

Goodness! Absolutely stunning views. :wub: Instant classic's if you ask me. Great River White is a masterpiece and a great billboard for your work, so adding these courses will only increase your standing threefold. Fantastic designs and many thanks for all the dedication and hard work. Hope to add these beauties to my collection soon! :P

• granite00 and Tentpole like this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#9 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:07 AM

Blackface Mountain sounds like Bumpy greens will be a must, lol.

Screenies look sublime.

#10 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:43 PM

My god, those just look like real pictures of beautiful courses.. amazing work as usual!!

#11 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:20 AM

I especially love the textures on the bottom one... very cool. All of these are so different looking, but in a good way.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#12 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:09 PM

Are we sure Blackface Mountain hasn't been done in TGC2?

ROFLMAO.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#13 mikahenrik

mikahenrik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:58 PM

Thanks all for the comments. I've got few pictures from the Mount Zanzibar South course. Thanks Larrykuh for some useful stuff now I'm trying to get both the North and South course out sometime soon. Still working on to make these look right.

http://imgur.com/a/Rrc2d

Xyz8440.jpg

9SERT2C.jpg

bQsxl00.jpg

0uWowOj.jpg

az6ZcbM.jpg

• Dazmaniac, luetze and erwildcat like this

#14 Jperkules

Jperkules

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, U.S

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:43 AM

All 3 of these courses look fantastic and will add some different elements to our course library. Keep up the great work. Looking forward to teeing up in South Africa

#15 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:35 AM

Incredible!

Rob

#16 luetze

luetze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:52 AM

Wow! It seems you push the CF to a new limit with every release. Many thanks for your great work. It's much appreciated.

#17 granite00

granite00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

How are these two coming along?

#18 mikahenrik

mikahenrik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:15 PM

Things are moving on just adding some finishing touches to the Zanzibar courses now. Unfortunately it's taking little longer as I made some changes to the scenery to replace forest/trees with sand and wetlands to get the FPS better and I think it looks better as well. I don't think the African setting need too many trees and will remove few more before release.

Mika

KT7QFFu.jpg

swwKFt6.jpg

fLoDVfx.jpg

SUjEQxR.jpg

• luetze likes this

#19 mikahenrik

mikahenrik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:09 PM

If someone has or is interested in building a low poly "resort, hotel, clubhouse" for this one to use please let me know. Not asking anyone to go out of their way but if you have something that somewhat fits the Mount Zanzibar Resort theme that would be a big helper and will award you with plenty of gratitude and recognition ;)

Location of the resort is on the hill between finishing holes, driving range and the par 3 course. The red drawings are just very rough description of the area available and the building(s) need not cover all of it.

1NPpV9Y.jpg

CmaUaIn.jpg

#20 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:46 PM

I bet if you asked Justin nicely, he would jump at the opportunity to create a clubhouse for you. Just supply some images of something you had in mind. I'd give it a go, but I am busy helping DPR with a new version of his house builder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users