54 replies to this topic

#21 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:49 PM

If you can get some pictures of what you want I'd give it a shot..  The next problem would be knowing how to build it for that contour. Was talking with Larry  the other day about possibly if you drew a spline in the area and then exported it as a OBJ, I could probably bring it into blender  and build it from there..  I'd have to find out from DP before I get way over my head doing that :)

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#22 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:15 PM

Justin, that sounds like a reasonable plan. However, if Mika would prefer the clubhouse just be placed on an area he is going to be flattening, he can use the ruler to make some measurement markings outlining the perimeter of the location of the clubhouse and take an overhead snapshot. You can then import that into Blender (Import Image as Plane) and use as a guideline.

Exporting Contours from Unity using CF and Scene OBJ Exporter

Mika, you can use "Scene OBJ Exporter" from the Asset Store to pass Justin the contours of the area you need the clubhouse. It's free and easy to use. You would trace out a spline over the area you would like the clubhouse and then export that Spline for Justin. It essentially would be passing the heightmap data for him to use. An overhead snapshot of the Spline you are passing him will help him with orientation as well.

For usage of Scene OBJ Exporter - follow the first part of my Rapid Bulkhead tutorial - the use of the exporter starts at 1:30

Not my course but I thought this would fit well into your course surroundings...maybe a nice thick thatch on that roof would be best as well

8bm52EJ.jpg

#23 mikahenrik

mikahenrik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:28 PM

If you can get some pictures of what you want I'd give it a shot..  The next problem would be knowing how to build it for that contour. Was talking with Larry  the other day about possibly if you drew a spline in the area and then exported it as a OBJ, I could probably bring it into blender  and build it from there..  I'd have to find out from DP before I get way over my head doing that :)

Hi Justin sounds great if you would be willing to try this! For sure I'd prefer the building be fitting into the landscape without moving too much earth but if that is too much then a design on flat is very fine as well. I can send you OBJ, some pictures and first version of the course to fly around the plot.

That style in DPRoberts post below looks absolutely great and I will send you some other ideas but if you prefer, you are very welcome to use your own creativity and choose what you think is the best style/design.

You've got all the creative freedom. I'll get you the OBJ and pictures, etc. as soon as possible.

Mika

#24 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:44 PM

Sounds great

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#25 mikahenrik

mikahenrik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:51 PM

Hi all, I'm getting close to releasing the Mt Zanzibar South course for further testing. I've been working with the scenery to make it more performance friendly and would like to have some feedback regarding it. If someone is interested in having a go just let me know and I'll pm the link for the latest version. I have done all tree/ grass planting and can still remove some if needed. Even some very basic descriptive (good, bad etc.) feedback would be helpful. And of course all tips and hints are very welcome.

Mika

4EZ4VOX.jpg

OpXt9Tr.jpg

nZ34i9p.jpg

#26 granite00

granite00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:04 PM

I'm really looking forward to both of your new courses as well as Great River Red.

#27 mikahenrik

mikahenrik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:26 PM

Hi everyone!

I think I'll just throw this one in here. It's a first beta of the Blackface Mountain. I have played it quite a few times and I'm quite happy with the results. 

This course plays very rough and many of the greens have some uneven surfaces with hard and sharp edges that are reflecting the spirit of this course. If you do find something that seems like an obvious glitch or oversight please let me know and I'll fix it. Play it with bumpy greens.

3Xmszec.jpg

There are many weeds sticking up through the fairways.

rlMVHVd.jpg

YKkkgoI.jpg

Some greens are very uneven and I would not allow myself to alter the terrain other than what was necessary to prevent mesh tears. We just have to live with it ;)

fHGyLFF.jpg

Some greens have stones in the middle. They don't seem to work properly when putting. Any advice on how to make the stone physics work better would be helpful.

FidTTOR.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

https://mega.nz/#F!r...Bv20jNMAGp6ArEg

• erwildcat likes this

#28 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:29 PM

I'll give it a whirl.  Collision physics don't work when the ball is in the "roll" state.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#29 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:18 PM

Holy smokes!  What a track!  I just love love love your colors here, I really felt transported to the locale. 

Saw a couple tees that needed flattening.  Also, have you considered reflective water for the large lake?  I was getting anywhere from 180 to 240 fps on the course, so I think there's some spare fps in there.

I'll have another play through and make some notes.  I had a blast on my 1st round tho!  Shot a 62... :)

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#30 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:20 AM

Love the textures. blending, colours here mika, just amazing work.

Looks like plenty of time put in here, what software are you using to create textures.

Ps you replied how you go about  getting your vision/ideas , where is that post again, i will copy that and have a good read

Awesome work mate, we are blessed to have guys like you around

Cheers- sent you a Pm to test course

#31 mikahenrik

mikahenrik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:49 AM

Thanks for your comments. Tees are placed on the flatter parts found around previous green. Just as with the greens I wouldn't allow any terrain shaping so only way to flatten the tee is to move it to flatter ground nearby and sometimes there weren't any better places. Anyway if you post me a picture I can try find a place to relocate it.

I'm using some basic Gimp work for the textures. Mostly they have just evolved slightly from the ones used for previous courses. I'll post them here to share shortly.

#32 mikahenrik

mikahenrik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:24 AM

Textures for these are in the link below. Feel free to use them as they are or modify if you wish. There is a little info text how I used them.

https://mega.nz/#F!3...z6wndo0GioHgBZA

#33 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:33 PM

Thanks Mika i'll gladly use them at at some point, your other ones served me well on ddraig du,  just played a quick round at Blackface...super job again! immersion is right up there even without sounds...gonna be a winner!

Now i really like greens where shot outcomes like this are possible, even at 14 stimp flat greens are a bit lack lustre when it comes to ball roll.  Shot outcomes like this add a bit more variation to a round and makes for a more enjoyable experience...good job Mika.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#34 Goran JoeMen

Goran JoeMen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:34 PM

This was probably my most fun round in a golf game ever, and I have played them all since the C-64 days.

I admit I downloaded this beta for myself and not to playtest , did not see anything wrong and I would not dream of giving you any advice  :)

EDIT: On my 2:nd round I found an issue with the first small bunker slightly to the left after driving a bit short. The golf ball (and my shoes and clubhead) disappeared in the sand, and I was not able to get out of the bunker. It did not say the ball was plugged. I was able to recreate the issue by putting the ball into into the right-hand part of the bunker

20170828193008_1.jpg

And the same on the 18:th fairway bunker (red dot below)

20170829191027_1.jpg

Edited by Goran JoeMen, 29 August 2017 - 05:18 PM.

http://www.goranmentzer.st

RTS-M pro  -  Intel i5-9600K 3.7ghz  - 16GB  RAM - GeForce RTX 2060 super  - 2560x1440

#35 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:00 PM

South Course- Mount Zanzibar 

Left feedback over at OGT 

Spending the next few days after work on your courses and leaving my new one to the side while i test your beauties
Super work, textures and blending are fantastic. you have done lots of study and homework to get that realistic look and feel
and it has paid off mate.

Course design, strategically laid out well, really good ideas, visions here mika resulting in one of the best courses i have played to date
doing your homework, google, taking lots of pics and ideas has made you one of the best designers most definitely mate, so the hard work and time has paid off.Your skills set now is at the top, well done and deserved and thanks for the sharing the textures.

Excellent work and skillfully created

Will beta test north course and get back  in a few days

Thank you very much 

#36 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:07 PM

files came out of folder, what do i need to name the folder to get this course to work i have tried a few things and no show in game

man this post makes me feel dumb, have always been able to figure this stuff out without having to ask.

but im not going to miss a course to keep myself from looking stupid.lol

addicted to PG i guess. :)

thanks

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#37 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:04 PM

blackfacemountain_1_1

This is how mine reads

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#38 Arsam

Arsam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:16 PM

@dave, if you just click "download as zip" in the upper right part of the page it should dl zipped with the proper name. Always works fo me.

RTS-Mouse Swing, Pro Level, BLI

HP Pavilion 790-0025T Minitower Gaming PC
Intel Hexa-Core i7-8700 cpu @ 3.2 GHz (Turbo up to 4.6 GHz), 12 MB Cache
64-bit Operating Sys​tem, x64 Based Processor
400 Watt Power Supply
16 GB DDR4-26666MHz 2-DIMM Memory
NVidia GeForce GTX1060 3GB Gaming Graphic Card

DELL D3218HN 31.5" Full HD LED Back-Lit HDMI Monitor, 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz  Maximum Resolution, 4,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio

Windows 10 Home Edition, 64 bit - DirecrX v.12.0

#39 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:24 PM

thanks will give it a try with the name, i did download to zip and it renamed something else.

man this is the first course that has run in the 90s/100s FPS

looks great just had to comment about the FPS

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#40 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:48 PM

Mika,

A joy as expected! You are a true master! You were the kid in grammar school drawing the Sistine Chapel with 3 crayons and the rest of us were scribbling down smiley faces and stick people.

Love the challenge you took on with the simplicity of fewer textures and unaltered terrain data. This course file is under 100MB! 

Looking forward to the South Course release as well. 

• Crow357 and Drgnslyr221 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users