#1 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

Just when I was practicing my TEDTalk in praise of 3 Click they brickwalled the thread.

It really is the stalwart of golfing games. The freedom I have felt since immersing myself in the waters of 3C has made me question the very reason of my existence on this earth.

I'm afraid I have to tell you spin-off believers that 3C is the new old new thing. Purity plus.

And besides; the boss plays 3C

• maxie likes this

#2 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:13 AM

The standard is TourPro. It doesn't matter if you use grids. That's between your conscience and yourself in no particular order.

I am now, I would estimate, a 17 handicapper playing 3C TP. A perfect start to my career. Had a wonderful round at the new Dr Rob course.

The whole truth of golf competition is truth. The only way we will achieve that is with 3C. Get on the blue bus.

• Crusher likes this

#3 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:01 PM

You are absolutely correct Ted.  The 3Click or 3C method of swinging was designed to be the most logical swing method since the advent of Links 386 and MSGolf2.0 then 3.0.  On to Tiger Woods series and Links series the developers inadvertently opened a can of worms when they introduced Mouse Motion and controllers to this particular niche game.

We all know what happens with "other" swing methods.  They degrade to a joke by those who share their secrets and that messes up the fun and leaderboards for all who work diligently to become very good virtual 3C golfers at all levels.

Everything is built into 3Clicking except "easy exploitation".   When we play against another 3Clicker/Mouse User we know just by watching them aim and how long it takes to complete their shot that we are playing a "fair game".

I agree with your statement that 3Click is the focus as many of us have gravitated away from playing anyone who uses any other swing method in competitive rounds.

I keep my fingers crossed that JNPG becomes solely a Mouse Clickers video game.

Granted.  Simulation JNPG with real clubs and a back-drop of a course is a whole different animal and should have it's own niche for tournaments.

Exploits for 3Click?  We've heard all the myths. Take 100 Mouse-Three-Clickers and have them play a tournament and if anyone has a totally unreasonable score then all they did was slow down their entire computer so the meter would slow down.  Easily detected in a one-on-one match or stroke round.

In fact. I would ask that PP and other host sites create one tournament for (established and verified 3Clickers) at TP, Pro, AM and HA levels play 9 holes with another 3Clicker. The API would not allow any other swing-method.  Let's see the outcome of such a 9 hole tournament.

There is also a myth that separating all mouse swings would kill this game.  On the contrary, birds of a feather applies here.  A Mouse 3Clicker would much prefer playing another Mouse 3Clicker, period.

• Ted_Ball likes this

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#4 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:14 PM

Exploits for 3Click?  We've heard all the myths. Take 100 Mouse-Three-Clickers and have them play a tournament and if anyone has a totally unreasonable score then all they did was slow down their entire computer so the meter would slow down.  Easily detected in a one-on-one match or stroke round. 

well you learn something new everyday, had never heard of slowing down the computer to slow down the meter

• CHAZNEWBY likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#5 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:16 PM

well you learn something new everyday, had never heard of slowing down the computer to slow down the meter

Yeah, there's something called CheatEngine. 

• CHAZNEWBY likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#6 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:51 PM

JNPG might be the last game who has 3-click. I like that it is in. If it weren't the game probably wouldn't be there anymore.

With the emergence of the consoles .... your 3-click generation probably will be the last. I don't see 15-year olds preferring 3-click to the controller. But you never know.

P.S.: No need for elitism. Every swing method in the game is worth exactly the same imho. 3-click is the most accessible. But that doesn't mean at all that it is easy to master at the higher levels.

What do the 3-clickers think about a realtime 3-click? First click animates the avatar and begins the swing, second click starts the downswing and 3rd click has to be at ball impact. Would that be cool? Or do you need a meter?

#7 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:05 PM

JNPG might be the last game who has 3-click. I like that it is in. If it weren't the game probably wouldn't be there anymore.

With the emergence of the consoles .... your 3-click generation probably will be the last. I don't see 15-year olds preferring 3-click to the controller. But you never know.

P.S.: No need for elitism. Every swing method in the game is worth exactly the same imho. 3-click is the most accessible. But that doesn't mean at all that it is easy to master at the higher levels.

What do the 3-clickers think about a realtime 3-click? First click animates the avatar and begins the swing, second click starts the downswing and 3rd click has to be at ball impact. Would that be cool? Or do you need a meter?

I don't see many 15 year olds playing computer golf period. It's too damn tame and slow for them, IMHO.

I'd like to see a 3 click using the avatar instead of a meter. It sure would be a challenging learning experience. Nice suggestion.

• gravedodger likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#8 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:35 PM

Would love to see the realtime 3C.  I would hate to think that this is the last game that  offers 3C but with all the new methods being out there it is quite possible that it is.  Its the one reason I play all the swings as the advantage of knowing them all is extra knowledge.  

#9 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:37 PM

I believe there is 3 click cheat detection in this game.. so.. in Richards wise acronym  "stfu".

#10 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

Sigh....yet another "my swing is better than yours" thread......who really cares how you play the game? If folks want to use an outdated swing method convincing themselves it is cheat proof and the only true way to play video game Golf, knock yourselves out.

Thank God we have other options to play videogame Golf the way we prefer......

Neither are cheat proof nor perfect. Far from it.

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#11 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

Sigh....yet another "my swing is better than yours" thread......who really cares how you play the game? If folks want to use an outdated swing method convincing themselves it is cheat proof and the only true way to play video game Golf, knock yourselves out.

Thank God we have other options to play videogame Golf the way we prefer......

Neither are cheat proof nor perfect. Far from it.

Ah, what's that about my swing is better than yours. My post #7 makes no swing type comparisons at all. I'm just agreeing with Frank that a 3C click based on an avatar versus a meter is an very interesting idea and I'd like to see it tried, at least in beta for practicality.

I'm also tired of reading about inequities of swing types, cheating mechanisms, unfair game advantages, etc. None of these issues, IMHO, are solvable because of hacking. Plug one hole and a leak starts somewhere else. Just the way it is. This a game, play it the way you want, enjoy it, or not. Everyone's choice.

Richard

Posted Image

#12 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

Yep....posted that tongue in cheek.....I think a 3-click with no meter with the avatar as the "meter" moving in real time might be more compelling that a dot to dot exercise.

I stand behind my comments about folks defending their swing choice.....again WHO CARES how you play the game?

• Richard and Greensboronclion like this
PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#13 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:26 PM

Last week I am TP 3C the week before I am TP MS and today I am Pro RTS-M.  I have no clue what the hell swing to use but if it kills me I am going to find one that frigging works. :lol: 

#14 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:28 PM

Regarding the 3click avatar meter, what happens at the snap.  Does the club go through the ball if you're late on the snap?  Or does the ball flight start and then get adjusted when the snap is determined?  Or does the swing wait for you if you're late?

• DivotMaker likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#15 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:43 PM

I imagine it could be like a real swing, with the final click being like a release, to early,  its fat and probably left, a sort of a combination of "casting" and hitting behind the ball. Too late and it could be thin, ie not releasing in time to reach bottom of ball, and right, ie not having a full release causing a "push/block"

Would have to setup you "swing path" using the shot shaper, so if you setup for a draw, would still need to hit the snap "middle" as that is the correct ball impact. 

If you hit it late setup for a draw would be come a push or push slice if very late, if early become a hook or a pull hook if really early.

I guess if you are really really late youd just thin it 5 yards, or really realy early hit a big fat duff

Pretty cool idea actually

• Richard and gravedodger like this

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#16 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:32 PM

Crow, I'm not a good enough  real golfer to understand all the mechanics involved in trying to create a 3C using an avatar. I'm sure the PP programmers and developers can experiment, if they haven't already, and determine the feasibility of such a swing. Johnmeyer seems to have some ideas.

I would think that it would be similar to being too early or too late like the swing meter. But, as I said, what the 'hell' do know.  ;)

Richard

Posted Image

#17 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:01 AM

For me, I really liked the golfstar swing mechanic for pc..even tho it was 2click..for those who played it knows what I'm talking about ..

#18 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:48 AM

For me, I really liked the golfstar swing mechanic for pc..even tho it was 2click..for those who played it knows what I'm talking about ..

Yup!  Still play 2 click in Links!  

#19 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:22 AM

Yup!  Still play 2 click in Links!  

If you mean:  hold down the mouse until the top of the swing, then release, then click again at the six. It's another version of 3clicking (no click at top, but release of button) then hit the snap on the way down with a third action of the index finger.

2 click was for beginners and all they had to do was press the mouse button once in the beginning and once at the top of the swing.  The contact was always perfect, dead on the six. There was no need to click for a "snap". The meter would just stop dead at six.

When Links 2003 is set to Classic swing you can 3Click or hold, release and click.  Three actions.

So I doubt you are using the actual 2-click method to play if you are playing Pro or Champion level.

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#20 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:05 AM

If you mean:  hold down the mouse until the top of the swing, then release, then click again at the six. It's another version of 3clicking (no click at top, but release of button) then hit the snap on the way down with a third action of the index finger.

2 click was for beginners and all they had to do was press the mouse button once in the beginning and once at the top of the swing.  The contact was always perfect, dead on the six. There was no need to click for a "snap". The meter would just stop dead at six.

When Links 2003 is set to Classic swing you can 3Click or hold, release and click.  Three actions.

So I doubt you are using the actual 2-click method to play if you are playing Pro or Champion level.

Well, your interpretation of 2click is different from mine.   To me, clicking a mouse is doing just that, pushing down on the mouse to perform an action, but I suppose I can see it your way... So given your position, I suppose your interpretation means you actually 6 click for 6 actions, right?   potato, potatoe.. tomato, tomatoe.  

The "up click" is also an action, but in the game of video golf, I have always regarded 3C as 3 actual down clicks of a mouse.. which for some reason, never got used to until I "had" to do it for PG.   Another reason why I ditched it in this game and now play RTMS.    

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users