#41 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:47 PM

Haven't touched TG2 for a good few weeks now and don't think it will see much gameplay now.

If I use Skid Row's 'Slave to the Grind' album as my references, TGC2 for me is now:-

Track #12 and I have decided to finally Track #6

:D :D

• Ted_Ball likes this

#42 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:21 PM

lol Daz. "Track #6" is a good euphemism to use on the forum. 

...“The Wall“ is the better record for you to listen to in your current state.

I've stuck a poster of Raquel Welch on the wall here and I'm slowly scraping the mortar away around a besser block behind there with the shaft of a broken 7 iron. I'm not sure of my bearings though and I'm worried I'll just find myself in GB's cell.

"Track #6"

#43 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:58 PM

I've been pondering 3C and ways to push it towards a more stimulating and simulating experience. It occurred to me that there isn't really a need to show an avatar at all. 

It brought to mind my speculative ravings on ideas for implementation of a 'swing' in this game during the initial "Long Wait' period before the early release. I had the crazy idea that players could just click a launch button to make the shot without the need for an avatar. Until now, I didn't realise the practicality of 3C (or 2C) and the universal acceptance of those methods. But if we are 3 or 2 clicking and watching the swing gauge then maybe we don't need to show an avatar at all. That would certainly bypass the derision associated with dreadful avatars. (TGC 2's is an appalling example of that. Simply appalling - and a damn fine way to turn off plenty of punters.)

I like to think of the experience of playing real golf where our eyes are firmly lodged in our head and not floating yards away looking at ourselves in some existentialist nightmare. (I watched my own swing on a video once and it freaked me out.)

With the use of the F5 key it is possible to position your gaze on the ball and 3C swing but unfortunately no one really likes to muck around with the F5 for every shot. The transition of the camera from address to watching the ball flight is a bit problematic as well. I haven't tried out this method using 3C yet but I might experiment today.

Let's face it - we are excited about being involved in "the most realistic golf sim of all time" but we have to put up with some dude with broken hands and have to suffer his dead-eyed expression. Think of the money PP could save by ditching the avatar and mocap disasters.

• Crusher likes this

#44 CHAZNEWBY

CHAZNEWBY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:44 PM

Yeah, there's something called CheatEngine. 

You're 100 % Correct!

#45 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:04 PM

And now there is a detection for said cheat in the game....if you use it...you won't get far or score well.

• Jesus Jones likes this

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#46 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:07 AM

They've broken me. 

I'm a broken man. Totally fed up with Perfect Parallel and I don't think I can last much longer. The walls of this cell seem to be closing in,

Clarice Starling came down to see me and I spilled my heart to her. There was no sympathy of course. Just her thin-lipped, slightly contempuous look of part fear, part disgust. But she listened. That's her job.

I told her that I have accepted 3C as a swing method and that it should be the universal standard for competitive play. I told her that I believe it has the quality of replicating the real swing in that the slightest miss of the ding is identical to a miss-timed stroke in real life.

She said nothing.

I went on and confessed that the couple of rounds I have played recently in the Official Tournament organised by Crow were surprisingly enjoyable and my scores started to improve but that that old malaise of utter boredom from playing by myself had returned. Oh, sure, the rounds I played against recordings were fun but I became agitated and angrily pointed out that there was no way I could play that tournament while playing against a recording. I then ranted against players who refused to support the fabulous job that JMK59 was doing at MEGA.nz

She shifted slightly in her seat. I could tell she was uncomfortable and I got the feeling she agreed in principal but I knew she would never openly state that.

I went on. I asked her rhetorically if she really thought players believed there would be improvements any time soon or even if all the things players desired would even be included in "PG2". I said PG2 while making inverted comma gestures with my fingers. Things like a career mode or a vibrant lobby competition or any of the thousand suggestions from forum members. I opened my arms and held my palms up with open fingers and asked if there would be a PG2 in 2018 or if ever in a display of despair. 

She looked down at her notebook and pretended to write something out of embarrassment.

To change the mood I asked her to look into my crystal ball that I had hooked up to a hand made dynamo I had fashioned out of bed springs and the salt from my tears with the head of a 7 iron for a crank. I brought it closer and she peered into it. I indicated the players at OGT in early 2018 and showed her that there was only Z-max, Greensboronclion and Sliceapottamous still playing tournaments. She glanced quickly at it and then back to me while slumping ever so slightly back in her chair.

When she finally left - unsteady on her feet as she went up the cold, stone corridor reaching out to the sandstone wall for support - I went to the poster of Raquel Welch and pulled it aside to reveal the escape hole I had dug to the outside. As I stepped through I took one last look back around the place with a mix of emotions and disappeared for ever - to later meet up with StoneComet who had a fishing boat at Zihuatanejo Beach in Mexico.

I was sure all evidence of my existence would be erased.

Sugitaru wa nao oyobazaru ga gotoshi

• jmk59 and samterrence like this

#47 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:54 PM

wonders what stuff Ted is on.

• Crusher likes this

#48 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:32 PM

Quite the story there Ted.  Kind of a feng shui amalgam of "Silence of The Wallabies" and MYST VIII  - "The Search For My Lost Swing".

When the screenplay comes out, who get to play Ted Ball?  Richard Gere or Garry Shandling?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users