96 replies to this topic

#1 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:06 PM

Early stages. And there's a reason all the props are hanging high in the sky like space invaders. A technical reason, the final result will be more down to earth.

Gonna take this one really slow... not ready for the public until the unto now barren place is bursting with kami.

nkINvKQ.jpg

mADnmtZ.jpg

86XhMg3.jpg

• olazaboll, Keith, balaceanca81 and 2 others like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#2 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:32 PM

Glad you are back in the game K11.  Your courses always bring a unique flavor.  Huge fan of Japanese architecture and culture here.  Your creativity astounds.  Will be thinking of Kurosawa and Mifune as I play this one...

#3 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:28 PM

I admit I had to Wiki "Kami", I was hoping

it was a Geisha Bush.

Glad to see you back on the Dragon.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#4 Kimmer1947

Kimmer1947

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:05 PM

He's back..... thank goodness! Looking forward to another unique creation in the upcoming weeks. 

#5 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:13 PM

Awesome, K11!    This game could use more unique courses like this!  

#6 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:45 PM

who knows, maybe somday a course on mars....?

#7 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:03 PM

Darn. I wish I had kept the videos on my storage drive that  I made of TWOnline from 2009 to 2011.  After EA/Origin ditched the game I deleted all the videos on my older YT channel then closed the account.  There was a really nice Japanese course for that game and for the life of me, I can't remember it's name.\

Since I lived in Japan for three years, I look forward to your new course, K11.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#8 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:19 PM

Awesome, K11!    This game could use more unique courses like this!  

I highly agree.  Although I am in the minority I find fictional and/or fantasy courses more fun to play.

#9 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:24 PM

Mars? Been there, done that.

@Richard: Kurosawa and Mifune are giants, no doubt. They made 16 films together, I still like Rashomon best. If you would like to seek out the roots of my inspiration, rather think Hayao Miyazaki (a titan, not just a mere giant) and, of course, Katsushika Hokusai (an uber-titan).

@ NoPutt: First half chance to go risqué - and you're there! Gold star for deadly consistency, but the kami hate you now!

@ Kimmer1974: In a few weeks? In your dreams, buddy. Months or years...

And with that, on to today's installment: Let's start with a little CF trick. How do you draw a perfect circle in CF? Start with the shaded wireframe mode on to give yourself a grid, then draw an octagon, thusly. Use the linear spline line and forced straight square.

9EcrpuQ.jpg

Now, highlight the octagon and switch off the forced straight square on the top. As soon as you touch one of the control points, the octagon pops into a curved mode again and becomes a circle. Neat? I don't know, I'm just bored.

ixFne1i.jpg

But wait, there's drama about to occur! Because, you see, if CF had the capacity of copy-pasting splines, I could make the 71 copies of this round shape I need and use it for the 4 tee categories on my 18 holes. But, NOOO!, Mr Mike Jones heaps scorn upon me and others demanding this feature: "Why would you ever need that if it's so easy to hand-draw splines?"

um5IrPY.jpg

Just so it happens that it is a design feature of the Shogun that each tee zone should be round and of equal size. It's darn impossible to hand-draw a circle once, I've got to use my little trick 71 times. Thank you for that, Devs!

in8UavA.jpg

Anyway, where was I? Never mind... more as it develops...

FRUrLrR.jpg

4KeNhfJ.jpg

• TheBigYin519 likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

<<<<<

#10 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:53 PM

I was speaking with a design buddy just yesterday and he

was talking about going into de-bug and duplicating a spline,

and then was able to move and scale it also.

Hopefully he will pop in and explain the process.

Kami haters gonna hate!

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#11 balaceanca81

balaceanca81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:53 PM

Crusher,are you thinking about Emerald Dragon?..I belive was in TW...Tough course,but fun. ;)

#12 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

I gots to agree, duplicating shapes sure comes in handy but like MIke say's "nooooo" why would you need to do that! BOOM! This is why Mike!! BOOM AGAIN!

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#13 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:26 PM

Yesterday I was explaining to Justin how to duplicate a spline, then resize it. The steps:

• Click on a spline node and take note of the spline number
  • Go into DEBUG mode
  • Locate the spline in the hierarchy and press [CTRL]-[D] to duplicate it. Rename it as desired.
  • Turn DEBUG off.
  • Enter Spline mode, you will have two splines overlaying each other. Select a node and press and hold [CTRL] and move the mouse to resize it.
  • Change/set the spline layers as needed

Note: if the spline you duplicated is a child of another spline in the hierarchy, and you want to move it, while in DEBUG mode, drag the spline and drop it at the bottom of the hierarchy so it is at root level. With DEBUG off, move the spline to the new position. If it is enclosed in another spline, go into DEBUG mode and drag and drop your moved spline into the new parent spline number.

It's a bit of a hassle, but it can be done. This works well if you just want to duplicate a fairway shape, resize it a bit smaller, then set the outer spline to fairway fringe or whatever.

• DPRoberts likes this

#14 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:05 PM

Thank you, Larrykuh.

I tried your method out for size just now and shied away from it - it takes the same time to draw a new spline manually and I am very afraid to change the Spline name. The duplicate of Spline 125 would be called 125(1) by Unity and I probably would have to christen it Spline 126 instead - but I remember way back when I frequently renamed my splines to green, fairway etc, that the skies split apart and that Mike the Almighty decended upon me and told me in a booming voice to never ever rename any splines... They used to be visible in older CF versions and were hidden behind the DEBUG wall just to avoid being changed in any way by the users.

So, I'm going to play this one safe.

Still, thanks a lot and here's your visual reward: More images.

4dN0Fm6.jpg

thefOwc.jpg

The body of water is to be a swamp - the opposite of limpid and pure,  a very muddy and brackish thing. Reeds, waterplants, stones and muddy dirt mounds poking through etc are yet to follow. The Shogun awakens, yes, but very, very slowly...

E6Mfqf8.jpg

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#15 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:09 PM

For what you are doing, It would probably be a bit of a hassle. Moving splines much of a distance is not very friendly.

#16 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:22 PM

Shouldn't be that hard to implement.

I was having trouble recording this but it is also so easy to make perfect circles in this Old Ass Architect. :rolleyes:

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#17 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:26 PM

Or you could do this, with a touch more tweaking you could get it nigh on perfect, and you could leave the circle object on the terrain and drag it wherever you need it, so no need to keep importing.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#18 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:50 PM

No thanks, Welsh dog person... I appreciate your helpful contribution, video an all, and your method is cleaner and purer and more circular, but it takes five times longer than mine. That needs the patience of a saint, I reckon, and I'm no saint. 

And with that: On to my most recent sins. Submitted for your kind consideration (not just the dogster, everybody) find below a couple snap shots of the 10th hole, a shortish par 4 at around 380 yds. I want the front nine of the Shogun to be kind, wide, gentle and easy - but starting with the back nine the gloves are coming off - or rather: the katana flies out of its sheath with a metallic shwing - and the targets will get smaller, with some fiendishness added between them.

8a9u22l.jpg

pFWeEzo.jpg

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#19 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:51 PM

Did i say that this looks right up my alley..well it is!  it's themes and texture swaps like this that keep designing fresh, interesting and dare i say it...a little sexy!   I look forward to the volcanic winter pond with shivering baboons huddled at the ponds edge...no?  worth a try.  will visit with interest.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#20 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:55 PM

Looking great, K11. Always amazed at the cultural educating you provide. I'll have to check out some of the suggested anime.

I feel you have some magic occurring with those clean cut plateaus. I could never achieve a smooth top edge with the Unity tools when working on Terra Firma.

Glad you have some inspiration providing wind to your sail, or samurai sword...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users