#1 rmoor13

rmoor13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNewtown, Pennsylvania

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:42 PM

I finally finished a course for Perfect Golf.  It's available at OGT.  Let me know what you think.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox....p?role=personal

JjhkR0h.png

1HdSzKO.png

Robert Moor

• DoGgs, GoldenBear and crazyNya like this

#2 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:56 PM

look great just can't figure out how to download

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#3 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:18 PM

file:///C:/Users/User/Dropbox/Get%20Started%20with%20Dropbox.pdf

is a local file on the poster's PC. Has nothing to do with the course, looks like instructions for Dropbox.

#4 rmoor13

rmoor13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:59 PM

Sorry, here's the right link:

https://www.dropbox....t beta.zip?dl=0

#5 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:03 PM

Sorry, here's the right link:

https://www.dropbox....p?role=personal

no course there either

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#6 rmoor13

rmoor13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:50 PM

Dave try the link again.  My fault.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#7 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:58 PM

what a beauty, is the largest course file yet i do believe

i could play it on my midgrade card but i did have some frame dropping during flight

during shots FPS stayed above 30s so it is playable for me and that makes it just another great creation 

by a dedicated designer of JNPG.

thanks for the course

will look again in the morning and see if i see any troubles

Klipsch Sound System

#8 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:25 PM

ok all together this courses is an FPS hog lots of jittering screen.

on 16 greenside bunker the ball hangs in the air and i had to hit a full 5 wood to get it out of that trap and dribble up on the green.

to many bells and whistles here it affects the play, to many items that are nothing but using up FPS that do nothing for the play

these are the views of a person that beyond the hole im looking at nothing other then the hole, so all the fans benches ball washers signs i could care less if they where even there. i guess you could say im in the real reality as i dont expect this to be a carbon copy of RL after all it is just a computer game.

no disrespect intended just my views

Klipsch Sound System

#9 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:32 PM

to many bells and whistles here it affects the play, to many items that are nothing but using up FPS that do nothing for the play

these are the views of a person that beyond the hole im looking at nothing other then the hole, so all the fans benches ball washers signs i could care less if they where even there. i guess you could say im in the real reality as i dont expect this to be a carbon copy of RL after all it is just a computer game.

no disrespect intended just my views

I really doubt it's any of the objects you spoke of.  Dancing Azaleas doesn't have that many objects compared to alot of the courses out there.  I've seen courses with  loads more objects/structures that perform better than this.  Maybe it's something to do with the speedtree level of detail settings.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#10 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:02 PM

I really doubt it's any of the objects you spoke of.  Dancing Azaleas doesn't have that many objects compared to alot of the courses out there.  I've seen courses with  loads more objects/structures that perform better than this.  Maybe it's something to do with the speedtree level of detail settings.

thanks for the education,as i know nothing of course forge.

you may have hit on something with that the trees do look different,and the comment

was also made by the fella i was playing the round with.

Klipsch Sound System

#11 rmoor13

rmoor13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:49 PM

I set most of the LODs at 100,75,50 and 20 with 2 percent culled.  The azaleas have basically only 2 LODs because they look hideous with the 3rd LOD.   I'd also note that besides the speedtrees and bushes, which there are a ton of, there is also many waterplanes with moving water/waterfalls that  I incorporated into the course which bog down the course a lot, basically the whole plot.  There are trade-offs when designing but to take out the things which make the course what it is wouldn't be the same, ie water,azaleas.  So it is a designer learning experience of what can and can't be done, I guess.  I appreciate and welcome everyones' feedback though.  

#12 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:39 PM

I don't find performance too bad on the actual stroke, its more when i'm moving to aim..then its really slow.  Unfortunately it's a different story when it comes to putting with controller, its very difficult to gauge the pace because of the lag/chug and this makes it unplayable for me, i would recommend culling the trees and see if there is a marked improvement, lot of work i know, but the course has a nice vibe about it...shame for it to be only playable by the select few.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#13 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:55 PM

Dr Rob did a fine job of optimising the Glen, maybe somebody can help to optimise this course. You could also consider releasing a "Lite version" of the course for those with PC's that struggle with the framerate.

#14 Duval59

Duval59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationForest, VA

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:40 AM

I'll tell you what, THAT WAS ONE HECK OF A DESIGN! Loved the layouts, the undulations, the greens, the stream throughout the whole course, I could go on. The greens were very well shaped as well as the undulations perfect. However, on holes1,3,7,10 the hole placement was on severe slopage. Perhaps they could be moved or fixed a little. The stream was great as a theme with the azaleas throughout. I loved the shape of it, as well as the shapes of the bunkers. The elevation changes were done awesomely.

Did have two hiccups on the course that need fixing. Hole 11, just before the fairway split after the small dogleg, from 167 to 140 to the flag, there seems to be some problems along the treeline ruff. Off the tee my ball hit the top of the last tree about 167 from the pin, and fell into middle earth.  It ended up back on the tee box after a seemingly endless travel through Grog. Then it was a 3 wood to 146 out from the pin along the right side ruff. I then hit  a wall on the next as David Blain must have been playing tricks with me. Something fishy going on there.

Also, on hole 14 or 15, I can't remember, it was a par 3, the ball would not go in the hole from the back of the green towards the tee off boxes.

Some small fixes to this beta are welcome because this is a championship quality course. Probably one one of the best I've played thus far. Awesome use of elevation, undulation, and shapes of hole, bunkers, and greens.  Thanks for the beauty, I look forward to the fixes.

• LeazesNDR likes this

#15 rmoor13

rmoor13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:13 AM

Thanks for the nice comments Duval59, which pins were you playing?  Also, did it seem like you hit a cylinder collider (wood) at the top of the last tree on 11 and also from 146 out?  Will take a look.  13 and 16 are par 3s, 13 being oval and 16 being oblong.  Will move the pins around.  Thanks for the great feedback.  Going to see if Tekbud (sic) can give pointers for the greens since he's played the course IRL.  

#16 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:47 AM

yesterday i recorded the round where i had the trap problem, but was playing multiplayer and i could

not get the recording to work to make a video clip. i will chase around you're course again and try and replicate the issue i had.

also now that i think about it, may play better as a solo play.

here is a pic of the trap you have to hit full club to get out

https://1drv.ms/i/s!...FL_NDDPhz7RKwEv

Klipsch Sound System

#17 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:50 PM

played a solo round and the jitering was almost gone still pulls major FPS but my 960M

plays it on High just fine

Klipsch Sound System

#18 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

7 of us played it today, and the only thing that was out of place, was when you hit a tree,. it comes off twice as fast as when it struck the tree, even the branches.

Very amusing.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#19 Duval59

Duval59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationForest, VA

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:31 PM

It was a tall tree about 167 from the pinVery woody at the top and the tallest around that distance. It hit the top, wood sound, and fell slowly to middle earth. After that I hit a shot just left of those trees in the ruff about 20 yards longer, 140 from the pin, and took a shot at the green. It hit something that was not there, sounded like wood, went a few feet, and t4he next shot worked fine. I believe I was playing normal pins, whatever the default is, I have not changed it since playing.

The trees in question were, just clarifying, in the right ruff, the one in particular has azaleas underneath it. It is about 167 from the pin and just short of the split in the fairway across the fairway on the other side. It is the tallest I believe with a woody top to it, not a lot of leaves.

#20 Duval59

Duval59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationForest, VA

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:33 PM

The cup issue had to be 13 then. The last few holes were fine for me, this happened earlier in the second nine. I believe there was a slight dip in the terrain between the green and the boxes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users