#41 Unique

Unique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:58 AM

Just got back to the course after Christmas break. I hope to have a beta up soon.

Peter

#42 Unique

Unique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:05 AM

Fairways throughout were acting like greens - super fast roll, but would check lots off drives. I had many shots were I would backspin off greens and roll 30-50 m backwards through the fairway. I know that happens sometimes at Bonville - I just thought the ball was racing down too fast.

How do I adjust the fairways to slow the roll but give a bit more bounce?

#43 rmoor13

rmoor13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNewtown, Pennsylvania

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:04 PM

Peter I noticed the clubhouse's eaves are see-through from the underside looking up.  You need to duplicate the roof (texture w/ white?) and then flip the normals of the duplicate so it shows the underside.  If you want You can send me the Blender model and I could help you with it.

Agree the green at 17th needs bulkheads.  Have you seen DPR's tutorial on creating bulkheads?  I think if you just draw the 2D bulkhead shape something like 12" wide in CF and then export shape to Blender, you could finish it in there, texture it and save it and import back into your course.

#44 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:24 PM

How do I adjust the fairways to slow the roll but give a bit more bounce?

Set the conditions to soft?

#45 Unique

Unique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:07 AM

Peter I noticed the clubhouse's eaves are see-through from the underside looking up.  You need to duplicate the roof (texture w/ white?) and then flip the normals of the duplicate so it shows the underside.  If you want You can send me the Blender model and I could help you with it.

Agree the green at 17th needs bulkheads.  Have you seen DPR's tutorial on creating bulkheads?  I think if you just draw the 2D bulkhead shape something like 12" wide in CF and then export shape to Blender, you could finish it in there, texture it and save it and import back into your course.

I just downloaded this file, opened it in blender, then exported it as an FBX file. If I can send you that, it would be great. Attach it to an email?

I tries DPR's tutorial and it was a failure. The problem is I have a confused Unity/CF where I cannot back up the course or if I can back up the course I get corrupt libraries. I can use prefabs individually but I get that flicking texture look where the overlap. K11 did a tutorial that I think I can do but I'm leaving that till the end in case I mess up.

Cheers Mate

#46 Unique

Unique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:09 AM

Set the conditions to soft?

Ha Ha!! The way Simon was talking I thought there might be a way to slow the roll of the fairways in Unity rather than PG.

#47 DC#1

DC#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationWalnut Grove,MN

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:37 PM

Just played this course for the first time and I loved it. Everything was great . I did see a couple of tees that were not flat,17th and one other but not a big deal. Left side of 15th fairway before the bunker I saw what I would say was a rip in the fairway, not very big. Also what someone else mentioned was the ball spinning off the green on 2nd hole and it rolled 59 yards off the front of the green and 18th hole. Really liked the coIor of the plantings and fairways. Can't say enough of how much I loved this course, thanks for the time and effort. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users