#1 Tretee

Tretee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:45 PM

Multiple players have experienced that the flag is not visible in the game.

it's not related to the state of the "show flag" button or icon. When the flag is gone it's gone from all views and from all distances being on the green or from fairway.  

The missing flag seems to be random. It's sometimes present and other times it's gone. Have not seen any pattern that would allow me to work around it. 

#2 Tekbud

Tekbud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:51 PM

This is also my biggest complaint of what is an awesome game. I've brought this up a few times and even presented video evidence of the issue. Affects depth perception and feeling of reality in sim. Please fix!

#3 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:33 AM

Really should be no biggie . If the pin is not there there is a button upper right on the page with a pix of a flag on it - just click it and ouila!

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#4 Tretee

Tretee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:39 AM

Really should be no biggie . If the pin is not there there is a button upper right on the page with a pix of a flag on it - just click it and ouila!

If you read the OP. "it's not related to the state of the "show flag" button or icon" ... That is the button I am referring to. 

#5 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:56 AM

Is that on a particular course? Or on random courses?

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#6 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:16 AM

I have also seen this recently on two different courses and i was the host and only one experiencing it? and yes I tried clicking the flagg and the hot key for pin.. no love/////

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#7 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:44 PM

Unless a bug has happened on a stock course it is sometimes difficult these days to separate what is a game bug and what is a course bug. This is why it is important to include as much detail as possible when reporting bugs. Also game modes.. stroke, skins, alt shot etc, number of players... are all important info when tracing bugs.

This sounds like a game bug, but there is always a chance that the course could be causing it, especially as some courses are updated far more frequently than this game!  :lol: ... and often, people are playing with different versions still in their course folders.

• axe360 likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#8 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:06 PM

thought that was what betas and beta testers are supposed to do.....

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#9 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:26 PM

I know us beta testers are good but you can't just say "hey, a flag was missing on a course" and expect us to figure out the rest. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#10 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:13 PM

Unless a bug has happened on a stock course it is sometimes difficult these days to separate what is a game bug and what is a course bug. This is why it is important to include as much detail as possible when reporting bugs. Also game modes.. stroke, skins, alt shot etc, number of players... are all important info when tracing bugs.

This sounds like a game bug, but there is always a chance that the course could be causing it, especially as some courses are updated far more frequently than this game!  :lol: ... and often, people are playing with different versions still in their course folders.

True and also taking into consideration the recent posts asking about changing the flags that designers have put into their course, just may explain this. So knowing the course is very important for starters.

Peace

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#11 Tretee

Tretee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:25 PM

it was a while ago it happened so I don't remember all the courses, but I do remember it happening on TPC San Antonio (latest version)

The reason I don't think it's course related is that I have played a tournament round on a course and then played the same course again (tournament round 2) where the flag was present in rd1 and not in rd2. 

If I start a round and the flag is not present, I have tried to restart the game and experienced both that the flag is present and not after round restart.  

#12 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:29 PM

Ok well, that's not a stock course so could be a few things. Thanks for getting back to me maybe the designer ( skunky) would have an answer?

Peace

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#13 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:00 PM

To the OP,  possibly asked and answered a while back in

http://www.perfectpa...pin-visibility/

I still find it really difficult to know where the pin is (on pretty much every course) when looking in the mainview - I don't bother now and do all aiming in the topcam view.  What is particularly irritating is that the pin generally often becomes more visible as soon as you move the aiming point ever so slightly.   The 'difficult to see pin/flag" Is another reason why I don't play Tour Pro on a regular basis. :mellow:

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users