Photo

PG2 - How much would you pay for it, annually?

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

Poll: How much would you pay for the core PG2 game each year? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

How much would you pay for PG2 each year?

1. Under $20 (9 votes [11.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.25%

2. $20 - $50 (25 votes [31.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

3. $50 - $100 (29 votes [36.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.25%

4. $100 - $150 (4 votes [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

5. Over $150 (6 votes [7.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

6. I'm out on PG2 - At any price... (this is for GB) (4 votes [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

7. PG2 should be a free update to PG1 - I already paid (3 votes [3.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:42 AM

"Are you not entertained?" Maxinus (Gladiator)

Of course I am. Thus my post.
  • jmk59 likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#82 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:58 AM

Prefer a subscription model. Keeps updates regular as people will always be wanting that impulse to renew. Stops product going stale. 

Totally agree - It really keeps the incentives aligned and the developers interested in working on consistent updates, features, fixes and tweaks and doesn't encourage any artificial holding back for a future major paid release.  (bullet point stuffing I call that)

#83 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:26 AM

Same $250 I pay for PG1 would be nice. My sub is up May 25th, I hope there is some good news by then!!

#84 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:29 AM

And anyone who voted over $100 and is not playing on a simulator, are you out of your damn minds? :)

• GoldenBear likes this

#85 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:32 AM

And anyone who voted over $100 and is not playing on a simulator, are you out of your damn minds? :)

lol - I'd rather pay over $100/year and be able to play it at all

(vs it just be gone/abandoned or Sim only)

• shimonko likes this

#86 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:40 AM

You like iRenting the worlds biggest rip off in the gaming industry?!  lol

No - hardly have time for one round of PG a week let alone racing and have never played it. I just feel their monthly/quarterly/yearly model and discounted rate values are appropriate for PG.

#87 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:49 AM

Spoken as a true gamer. Not as a golf enthusiast,, IMHO. But as you like to point out, WTF do I know other than creating conflict?
Richard

Posted Image

#88 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:50 AM

And that's just for the current game. If everyone paid $100/yr, it would be a greater game.

#89 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:53 AM

And that's just for the current game. If everyone paid $100/yr, it would be a greater game.

Absolutely..ongoing development all around.

Just a total win win

It might leave some customers behind, but it's honestly better to "fire" some customers sometimes.

The revenue from some customers isn't worth the support and hassle they incur.  That's true across so many industries.

Golf simulation is small niche and if it requires higher prices to survive and really thrive, I'm all for it.

#90 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:00 AM

Just a total win win

It might leave some customers behind, but it's honestly better to "fire" some customers sometimes.
The revenue from some customers isn't worth the support and hassle they incur. That's true across so many industries.

Golf simulation is small niche and if it requires higher prices to survive and really thrive, I'm all for it.

Let us know how that works out for you. Have you purchased your hardware yet???
Richard

Posted Image

#91 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:23 AM

Just a total win win

The revenue from some customers isn't worth the support and hassle they incur.  That's true across so many industries.

I guess then I'll have to accept my "pink slip" as $100 is well beyond my current $40 to $60 per game price threshold.  ;)

-MERACE

• GoldenBear likes this

#92 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:25 AM

;)I guess then I'll have to accept my "pink slip" as $100 is well beyond my current $40 to $60 per game price threshold.  ;)

-MERACE

Sorry to hear that - maybe, if the game were compelling enough, you could combine your budget from 2 games for just this 1!
Never know!   ;) 

#93 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:31 AM

Sorry to hear that - maybe, if the game were compelling enough, you could combine your budget from 2 games for just this 1!
Never know! ;)

Are you now on the TM payroll??
  • GoldenBear likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#94 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:04 AM

I'm going to quote GoldenBear on this one, as he said it before I did (I think) - "Why would anyone buy a revamped product from a maker that refused to fix or get working properly their first product?" GB.

The promise of a PG2 coming out in the near future is great.  I think we've all see some of the advances in turf technology, and all of what's possible with the graphics (from TV coverage).  But if the same bugs and lack of features are still present in PG2, why would any consumer (new or long time PC golfer) spend money for  a product that has less features than LINKS2003 (15 years older)?

On the flip side of that argument - if Andrew would log onto this site and make a general statement as to "this is the state of our progress", then he would have my attention.  What's been fixed (Wind, plugged shots, splash shots, career mode).  If I had these details, I might be the first in line to give PP my $60 (going rate for a fully working game).

There you go, Buck.  You can buy my allegiance for $60 - but you better be damn good.

• Richard and GoldenBear like this

#95 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:16 AM

But if the same bugs and lack of features are still present in PG2, why would any consumer (new or long time PC golfer) spend money for a product that has less features than LINKS2003 (15 years older)?

On the flip side of that argument - if Andrew would log onto this site and make a general statement as to "this is the state of our progress", then he would have my attention. What's been fixed (Wind, plugged shots, splash shots, career mode). If I had these details, I might be the first in line to give PP my $60 (going rate for a fully working game).

There you go, Buck. You can buy my allegiance for $60 - but you better be damn good.

But we all know that Buck has no say in PG2 as none of us do. Looking to him for solutions is like Pi$$$$$ up a rope faceing a north wind.
  • Crusher likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#96 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:17 AM

There you go, Buck.  You can buy my allegiance for $60 - but you better be damn good.

lol - John, I'm just another user my friend..

Honestly, I just think the reality is that the pricing will be more than many may care to pay if there is a PG2 for PC.

I'm totally ok with it and I'm absolutely ok with losing many of the original customers.

The ones that really care will be there and those are the best customers anyhow.

You have to do what you have to do if you're PP/Trackman IMO.

#97 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:42 AM

What a frivolous poll!   :blink: :wacko: :unsure:

My gawd!  Someone needs to find a new hobby!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#98 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:46 AM

I'm slow on the emojie thing, Crusher.  What's the translation?

Sorry Buck, fixed my ?

#99 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:48 AM

I'm slow on the emojie thing, Buck.  What's the translation?

No idea - I didn't use any

#100 PELO

PELO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:57 AM

$20 to $50

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users