#81 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:57 AM

Agreed. I don't "hate" Steam. I actually signed up. However, i have no intention of buying something from them in order to vote. Sorry, but that just rubs me the wrong way. I will support this game, WHEN it gets released. So far everything i have seen is very positive, other than an actual playable game. Merry Christmas to all, especially the folks at PP who are working to make this a reality.

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

#82 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:58 AM

Yes, that inclusion is wrong and is where Steam isn't perhaps the ideal platform if the guys here had created it.
Maybe wrong isn't the right word, they did it for a reason I guess.

#83 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:35 AM

:) Yup, and i understand why they have done that. However, i think it is a mistake on their part, as everyone should have the right to vote .............without a fee attached. I realize most folks get that. Darn, kind of a democracy thing :lol: Anyways, as i said, nothing against Steam. You gotta do what you gotta do. Again, all the best of the season and looking forward to the New Year and a great new online golf game.

• IanD likes this

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

#84 g3b

g3b

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:04 AM

Well I don't know much about Steam, however I did register & was not forced to buy a game.  I can't wait to see /play the game.

g3b

#85 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:48 PM

I guess the requirement of having to purchase a game to be able to vote on Greenlight is Valve's way of saying they only want to allow the Greenlight voting option to 'active' community members (those who do actually use Steam) and not just let folks sign up and create dead accounts that will never get used.

The whole idea behind Greenlight is that you vote to get a game promoted on to Steam, so that you can then download it, whether it be free to play or a purchasable game. Can't see why non-Steam users would want to sign up for something they say they will never use, to get a game promoted on to that very same platform. It's not a vote to get the game made (as the Dev's here have confirmed the game is getting made and will be available for non-Steam users), it is just to get it in the Steam marketplace.

;)

• Richard and Forestman like this

#86 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

I guess the requirement of having to purchase a game to be able to vote on Greenlight is Valve's way of saying they only want to allow the Greenlight voting option to 'active' community members (those who do actually use Steam) and not just let folks sign up and create dead accounts that will never get used.

The whole idea behind Greenlight is that you vote to get a game promoted on to Steam, so that you can then download it, whether it be free to play or a purchasable game. Can't see why non-Steam users would want to sign up for something they say they will never use, to get a game promoted on to that very same platform. It's not a vote to get the game made (as the Dev's here have confirmed the game is getting made and will be available for non-Steam users), it is just to get it in the Steam marketplace.

;)

Thanks Daz and well said!

• Richard likes this

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#87 Splash

Splash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationUSA / Michigan

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

Voted in my support, I was part of steam anyway I just didnt know you [PP] were going there till I came across this topic, I'm sure all the support you'll need will be there when this thing launches. Lots of people are waitin and wanting something new.

AMD 8350 @ 4.8 / XSPC Raystorm H2O Kit & RX240 Radiator

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9

Kingston HyperX Beast 1866 CL 9-10-11 @ 1.5 volt

EVGA 980ti Classified @ 1521 / 1.21 volt

2 Kingston 3K 120 GB SSD's [System & Game Drives]

CoolerMaster Silent Pro 1000w PS

CoolerMaster HAF 922 Case

Panasonic 55 inch Viera Plasma 60Hz [DSR 3840 x 2160 - 60Hz for gaming]

7.1 Realtek Onboard / Optic Cable to ONKYO 1000w Rec. @ 24Bit / 192

7 Terabyte of Western Digital & Seagate SATA Storage

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

Charter Cable Internet / 65MB sec. Down & 5MB sec. Up

#88 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:05 AM

Voted in my support, I was part of steam anyway I just didnt know you [PP] were going there till I came across this topic, I'm sure all the support you'll need will be there when this thing launches. Lots of people are waitin and wanting something new.

Thanks so much for the support Splash.

I truly believe Steam will be fundamental in the success and future of Perfect Parallel.

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#89 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

Almost there thanks everone... One final push....

Attached Files

#90 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

What's with the 8441 Yes Votes and 13767 No Votes.  What does that mean/indicate???

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#91 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Just added my Yes vote to the tally.  Jerry, where are you seeing the vote totals? (nevermind... seeing it now after looking at Andrews post)  There are a lot of antagonistic trolls in Steamland, so it's not uncommon to see people weigh in to register their lack of love for a golf game, not just because it's Perfect Parallel's, or anyone else's golf game for that matter... they just like to tell the world that they don't like golf games and can't understand why anyone would want to play them.  That's my take on it anyway...

BTW, I've bought a few games through Steam and now see it as the only way PC games are going to have a viable outlet.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#92 Mick-S

Mick-S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationDevon.u.k / born London

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

so people actually take the trouble to vote NO, tossers.

#93 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

What's with the 8441 Yes Votes and 13767 No Votes.  What does that mean/indicate???

Jerry

It means if Steam is a democracy then we won't be seeing Perfect Golf on it!!  :P 

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#94 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

This taken from the Steam Greenlight pages:-

How many votes does a game need to get selected?

The specific number of votes doesn't matter as much as relative interest in a game compared with other games in Steam Greenlight—we need customers to help us prioritize which games they want to see made available on Steam.

We're going to be reaching out to developers as we see their games getting traction regardless of whether they have achieved a specific number of votes or are sitting 1st or 2nd place at any given time. We are most interested in finding the games that people want, not requiring them to hit a specific number of votes.

#95 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

http://gamingbloom.c...with-developer/

This may be of interest to some as it is an interview with another company trying to get their game on Steam. I bought this last year from their own website.  They have similarities to PP as they have created a driving simulator that they sell as a game, but it is also used in Russia in commercial driving simulators. At the time of this interview they hadn't been greenlit, but late last year they were. There is still much to do though before its Steam release (see link below):

http://steamcommunit...2151/1386310416

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#96 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

Just added my support

#97 flinty125

flinty125

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNottingham, United Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

Steam is the reason why I found this , i have played custom play golf for way too long now and is getting old , this would be the perfect successor to it. I have greenlit and like your page on facebook and im looking forward to hearing every yard of progress you guys make, only problem is that i start basic training in March so i hope there maybe something out before then.

#98 fran21356

fran21356

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

I registered and then voted yes, that I would buy it, but was told I needed to buy one of their games for my vote to count, sheesh! I'm in full support of Perfect Parallel but I'm not buying a game I'll never play to show it. Sorry guys.

#99 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

I registered and then voted yes, that I would buy it, but was told I needed to buy one of their games for my vote to count, sheesh! I'm in full support of Perfect Parallel but I'm not buying a game I'll never play to show it. Sorry guys.

Thanks for trying!  

I wonder if you install/play one of the free games it will let you vote.

#100 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

Thanks for trying!  

I wonder if you install/play one of the free games it will let you vote.

F,

I think Steam (Valve) only allow 'active' members to cast votes and to become active Valve require you to actually purchase a game. Getting a 'free to play' offering doesn't count (tight wads, lol).

;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users