Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

Well the guys are getting closer.

Just seen post on Facebook which shows they are 96% of the way to getting Perfect Golf Greenlit on Steam. If and when it does get Greenlit, they can make demo's, Early Access builds and updates, leading to the full version all available on Steam.

Obviously this is good for Steam users but not good I guess for those that aren't.

;)

#42 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

Well the guys are getting closer.

Just seen post on Facebook which shows they are 96% of the way to getting Perfect Golf Greenlit on Steam. If and when it does get Greenlit, they can make demo's, Early Access builds and updates, leading to the full version all available on Steam.

Obviously this is good for Steam users but not good I guess for those that aren't.

;)

From my understanding it shouldn't affect those who don't use Steam.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#43 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

Shouldn't do, but it would PP to confirm how getting Greenlit affects the Perfect Golf community.

I'm just one of the community, passing on what I am seeing out on the web (that isn't getting aired here).

;)

#44 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

Shouldn't do, but it would PP to confirm how getting Greenlit affects the Perfect Golf community.

I'm just one of the community, passing on what I am seeing out on the web (that isn't getting aired here).

;)

I imagine PP is going to do what iRacing is doing, which is getting greenlit on Steam, but still offering their service through other means.

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#45 bluetoon

bluetoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

Done  :D

• brhthecarpenter likes this

#46 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

Thank you for your support bluetoon!

#47 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

I imagine PP is going to do what iRacing is doing, which is getting greenlit on Steam, but still offering their service through other means.

F,

Yep, I guess that would be a good option for them, as obviously not everyone is a user/fan of Steam. Best to keep access open to as many as possible. Steam is convenient, but not the be all and end all.

I have no issues with Steam and have used it for quite a few years. The games are installed on your PC like they would be off a CD/DVD, its just you have a portal from which to play them. I also like the option of auto-updates, so when you fire Steam up it is looking for the latest build/update without you needing to mess about.

But the ultimate decision about accessibility will come down to PP.

;)

#48 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

How did you support PP there?  I am a member at Steam but when I try to click on the Help Button for PP I get a message that I have to first purchase something.

Nothing there that I see that I want to purchase.

Jerry

Edit: No wonder I had an account there. Tried it once before and couldn't vote.

Oh well. I'll keep coming back to see what is gong on with PP there.

J

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#49 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:13 AM

If I have to go to a 3rd party site to get this game (which looks like it will be a "winner"). Count me out!

Richard

Posted Image

#50 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:12 AM

The more support we can get for Perfect Golf on Steam, the better our future is with this game.

These guys need to make a profit from their hard work, and with 65 million active users, it's going to catch a lot of eyes.

Do you guys realize that Steam is now bigger than Xbox Live?

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/30/5045830/steam-65-million-active-accounts-6-million-concurrent-users 

I want to see Perfect Parallel succeed.  Steam is one of those roads to success in my honest opinion.

• remers likes this

#51 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

Forestman, don't get me wrong. I'm just not a "gamer", Links 2003 being the only game on my computer so I have no interest in having to join a site like "Steam" to get one game. I like to limit the number of websites that have my personal information. If others want to register at sites like "Steam", go for it! It's just something that I'm not interested in.

I very much want PP to succeed and am extremely interested (impatient) to get my hands on this game. If I had my preference, I'd like to get it "boxed", but that's probably unlikely to happen. Therefore, I am willing to purchase and download it here directly from PP, no problem.

It's too bad, that registration is required at "Steam" in order to voice my support. But at least I can express it here on the PP site.

Richard

Posted Image

#52 Cactus

Cactus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFort Mill, SC

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:51 AM

Done!!

#53 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

It's too bad, that registration is required at "Steam" in order to voice my support. But at least I can express it here on the PP site.

(Warning: rude language ahead)

Not just a registration, you would also have to make a transaction with them (and that involves money changing hands). I did register and was promptly told I did not have the rights to greenlite anything because I didn't buy a thing yet. Here's the exact message:

Your account does not have sufficient privileges to perform this action. To access all features of Steam, simply purchase a game from the Steam store, redeem a Gift on Steam, complete a microtransaction, or activate a retail game on Steam.

Could I have one minute's silence for all the extinct websites of yore who did not piss their visitors off? Gonna have to act all principled on this one: No f…ing deal for the pissant douchebags who want to f… with me.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#54 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:47 PM

I have no intention of installing Steam either. I hope there will be other purchase options or I may well not be playing Perfect Golf after all.

The trouble with success is that it will bring with it compromise. To appeal to the masses we will need a very 'watered down' experience that we've already seen too many times in the past. I seriously hope that Perfect Golf isn't that successful. :unsure: 

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#55 J4FThunder666

J4FThunder666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:54 PM

please no Steam

#56 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

The trouble with success is that it will bring with it compromise. To appeal to the masses we will need a very 'watered down' experience that we've already seen too many times in the past. I seriously hope that Perfect Golf isn't that successful. :unsure: 

I hope they are and I don't worry about dumbed-down game content (Blizzard did that with Diablo 3 - they sowed mediocrity and rightfully got to reap endless rage). I'm rather confident that we will be given a wide range of game settings that will accomodate both die-hard sim golfers as well as the more arcade-inclined casuals.

If ever, I even suspect, the makers will err on the side of complexity. What with all their pc golf history and track record, that's just who they are.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#57 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

Done!!

Thank you so much for your support!

We can do this guys.  I know there is some kickback by some, but I truly believe this is one of the main paths for Perfect Parallel to pull a profit.  Which to be honest guys, they need to make money off this project or it won't be around long.  

• Cactus likes this

#58 Cactus

Cactus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFort Mill, SC

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

Thank you so much for your support!

We can do this guys.  I know there is some kickback by some, but I truly believe this is one of the main paths for Perfect Parallel to pull a profit.  Which to be honest guys, they need to make money off this project or it won't be around long.  

Whatever it takes, I just want to play some golf on my kids gaming rig.

#59 Mick-S

Mick-S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationDevon.u.k / born London

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

had a steam account for a while now, but only ever downloaded the F1 2012 demo but thats not good enough you have to give them some money.

above is a post I made, since then PCars has gone over to Steam and because I paid £40 up front to test, I receive updates as soon as I log into Steam and because I paid upfront, when the game is released it won`t cost me anything.

be interested to find out why some people are not happy about having Steam on there comp.

#60 vfe

vfe

Mac Overlord

• Administrators
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

Just to be clear, it is no ones intention to release this exclusively on steam. That will not happen. So don't worry about it.

That said, Steam is the single largest gamer community in the world, and exposure via Steam would help us tremendously. So even if you're against steam, or don't want to install it. If you could support us there anyways, it would greatly help us as a company, and ultimately help us bring you guys the best we can.

Thanks.

• remers likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users