#21 Bluenoser

Bluenoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

If the game was released through Steam only, I'd never purchase it.

#22 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

That is fine if some don't like or want to use Steam for any games including Perfect Golf.  My understanding is Steam will NOT be the ONLY source to buy the game.

However, I can say that Steam could have a major impact on the company financially.  Would you want Perfect Parallel to benefit financially?

• Erik Lugris likes this

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#23 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:48 AM

I'm not sure why everyone seems to have so much trouble using this program. Steam is one, if not the most, beneficial program when it comes to downloading and playing PC games. I had no trouble voting. 

• Erik Lugris likes this

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

#24 Jbx

Jbx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHampshire, England

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

I've only made one purchase on Steam....football manager, my other addiction!

Me too - completely addicted!!

• Erik Lugris likes this

Jbx%20golgBall1.jpg

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every mininute of it!

#25 Jbx

Jbx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHampshire, England

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

I'm not sure why everyone seems to have so much trouble using this program. Steam is one, if not the most, beneficial program when it comes to downloading and playing PC games. I had no trouble voting. 

Some time back I had a few problems, but nowadays I find the Steam program very useful - particularly for game updates (patches) which are downloaded automatically if one so wishes.

Jbx%20golgBall1.jpg

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every mininute of it!

#26 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

Steam for me has been great.  I especially love Steam deals in the summer time and during Christmas.  Lots of games at a great price!

Anyway, I am positive that Perfect Golf on Steam will help Perfect Parallel as a whole.  With millions of users who's eyes would see the game, this is a great way to get our hobby and love for simulation golf out to those who don't even know about it.

Sales would most certainly benefit and as a result I am sure we could expect to enjoy this game for years to come.  We all know that a company has to have cash flow to stay afloat!

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#27 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

Yep. I honestly cannot stress the importance of this enough. I hope PP and the community will eventually feel similarly. 

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

#28 gravedodger

gravedodger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationThe northy part of Ireland

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

New member here and my Steam vote is placed ... totally agree with how important Steam could be for Perfect Golf.

#29 LasseThid

LasseThid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMölndal, Sweden

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

Well guys, everyone has the right to their opinion even though you may think it's an incorrect opinion, so no need to argue about it...

They have stated their reason and that's fine by me even though I do happen to have a Steam account and have placed my vote.  B)

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 MHz 8GB GPU: MSI GeForce 970 GTX Gaming 4G Sound: Creative Soundblaster Extreme Gamer SSD: OCZ Agility 3 64GB HDD: 1x 2TB, 1x 1TB, 1x 320 GB Western Digital PSU: Corsair CX 600W Chassi: Thermaltake Aguila

#30 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:09 AM

New member here and my Steam vote is placed ... totally agree with how important Steam could be for Perfect Golf.

Well guys, everyone has the right to their opinion even though you may think it's an incorrect opinion, so no need to argue about it...

They have stated their reason and that's fine by me even though I do happen to have a Steam account and have placed my vote.  B)

I totally agree. Wasn't trying to act up. Thank you both for your votes. 

n2o7ldH.png

#31 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

Thanks guys!  Keep the votes coming!

#32 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

done deal, and will spread the word

• Erik Lugris likes this
Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#33 PurpleTurf

PurpleTurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove, MN

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

Steam is the program that most game companies and host sites try to model.  It helps get smaller games like this out there for more to play and see with game store.  It allows you to store your games so you dont need the discs and have easy access to them on changed computer systems.  And it has good community chat and ability to see friends who are on for games that you both have.

Who else other than me has lost old game discs, but because you registered game code on steam were able to download it again and still play it?  Im know Im not the first one.  And who else loves the end of year game sales on Steam?

Just look at Origin and what they failed miserably trying to copy.  They just came out of beta and it is still buggy as hell.  Steam would be huge for Perfect Parallel.

#34 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:14 AM

Steam is the program that most game companies and host sites try to model.  It helps get smaller games like this out there for more to play and see with game store.  It allows you to store your games so you dont need the discs and have easy access to them on changed computer systems.  And it has good community chat and ability to see friends who are on for games that you both have.

Who else other than me has lost old game discs, but because you registered game code on steam were able to download it again and still play it?  Im know Im not the first one.  And who else loves the end of year game sales on Steam?

Just look at Origin and what they failed miserably trying to copy.  They just came out of beta and it is still buggy as hell.  Steam would be huge for Perfect Parallel.

Yep. You hit the nail on the head. Constant daily deals, as well as multiple large sales throughout the year. Steam's Summer Sale is probably the best video game sale of all time. Can get entire game publisher's collections for just $50 or so, which would often cost $300+ otherwise. I just bought the entire Grand Theft Auto collection (can't remember if I already said that in this thread) for only $12 a few weeks ago, which includes, GTA, GTAII, GTAIII, GTA: Vice City, GTA: San Andreas, GTAIV, and GTAIV: Episodes from Liberty City. That's ridiculous. Steam cares a lot about the underdogs, and does what they can to give them positive publicity. This would be a monumental step for PP. 

n2o7ldH.png

#35 ArisFuser

ArisFuser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

Done, a HUGE "Yes" given in the Greenlight. BTW, the intro video (first one) for the game in Steam is amazing.

• Erik Lugris likes this

#36 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

Thanks ArisFuser!

Getting this game on Steam can be a huge leap for Perfect Parallel's success.

• ArisFuser likes this

#37 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

been a member of Steam since 2005.  115 games.       Origin?  since  2012 .. one game.     Never had a problem with Steam.

#38 Bob1527

Bob1527

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

Signed in and voted,had a Steam account for a few years now,was a bit wary at first but it's a good platform for gaming...It will get the game out there for more folk to access.......

#39 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

Bump to friendly remind everyone to support getting Perfect Golf on Steam.

This would help the community immensely in growth, and help Perfect Parallel pull a profit.

Please go to the following link and vote to get Perfect Golf on Steam: TO SUPPORT CLICK HERE-->http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#40 Zilled

Zilled

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

Glad to support the project on Steam. Had supported you guys on Kickstarter and look forward to your success.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users