Photo

Is this a game changer for controller play in tour events???

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#1 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:53 PM

I found this exploit whilst looking for settings for F1 2017,  as a controller player myself i could easily keep quiet about this and employ it myself but that's just not me, and i feel everyone who play the tours should be made aware of this...

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#2 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:26 PM

You golf club players may want to take this info over to TGC forum, pretty sure the guys at TGCT would like to know about it.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#3 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:34 PM

Hey thanks Dogz, i was having  a bit trouble  playing with my controller even an amat - cant even think about pro levels-i gave that idea up , this will make my experience  more enjoyable and easier

Sort of gave up trying to compete against everyone and not bothering to play any tournies, lost interest

Will tweak the settings and see what goes 

Thanks for taking the time and being  enquisitive

#4 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:00 PM

Thanks DoGgz. Slightly worrying for those who play in tournaments but personally, as a solo player, I have no interest in making the game easier. I play TP because I want a challenge. I'd quickly get bored if I could hit every shot gun barrel straight like this.
  • Starliner640 likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#5 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:11 PM

Adjusted settings, now cant get left stick controller to mover  horizontally, left stick will move up/dwom but wont go left/right

Bugger always the way, you fiddle with settings and now i am stuck

#6 devon1

devon1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

truth told.. no one ever needed valve to Jerry rig any controller straight, but point taken that tis so easy right thru steam

probably shouldn't ban controller tho, just make it have courtesy msg within same parameters as other swings

lots of holier than thou players have been suffering from cognitive dissonance for quite some time, based on their own preferences

as ever anyone can figure out any swing should they want to.

the best players however, are those that transcend only hitting straight and have a studied long & short game to boot

iow hitting straight isn't even going to get you an invite to the big dance, but it is just precious that it took anyone years to figure out lol

#7 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:44 PM

Like i said this is nothing really new as you can adjust the curve with PS4 and xbone controllers already, and have been able to for some time.  this just confirms that via steam you can also do it with any other controller.

@Devon, considering PP have finished with this game, there will be no adjustment forthcoming to align the courtesy message to combat this, not that i'm sure it could be done anyway as there are many variations possible.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#8 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:35 PM

Really an exploit that needs to go away but I cant see how that will happen and if you can do this with the controller why not the mouse also.  I personally will continue to play my controller as I have and no I wont be winning anytime soon at Tour Pro but at least I will get the full experience out of the game.  I can see where OGT wanted to ban the swing with fixes like this but again I have to believe the same can be done for the mouse as well.

#9 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:54 PM

Yes Greens there are many ways to alter the way a mouse will behave, plenty of mapping software out there, this is not a huge revelation anyway as all the controllers play with a differing level of difficulty, just because its set at TP does not always mean its playing like it, and thats as big a disappointment as any exploit.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#10 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:16 PM

We live in a world where some people believe they have to win and will do anything they can to win to satisfy their ego and that will never change.  I have played against a lot of the good players recorded rounds and find the best players are the ones good around the greens and who can turn a bad shot into a birdie and I know who is legit most of the time isn't.  I play tournaments to have fun and try and compete with a few players who I compare with and my putting at times holds me back but again I know its legit so I don't have a problem with it.  

• maxie likes this

#11 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:06 PM

Like i said this is nothing really new as you can adjust the curve with PS4 and xbone controllers already, and have been able to for some time. 

I use my PS4 controller on the PC and I'm not aware of any way to adjust the axis settings.  I plug the controller into my laptop PC's USB port and it just works.

-MERACE

#12 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:46 PM

Really an exploit that needs to go away but I cant see how that will happen and if you can do this with the controller why not the mouse also.  I personally will continue to play my controller as I have and no I wont be winning anytime soon at Tour Pro but at least I will get the full experience out of the game.  I can see where OGT wanted to ban the swing with fixes like this but again I have to believe the same can be done for the mouse as well.

Apparently if you use a cheap mouse its easier i dont know i use a gaming mouse. I think on the tours the admins get the post shot data so if someone constantly hits on plane then this is an issue for the tour admins.I rarely hit the ball on plane using motion swing as i am a legit player,but if you play motion swing with an edge your shots will always be on plane. Using motion you still have the ratio to deal with which is tough to get right but i like the factor with motion swing and when  off plane and get the wrong tempo it can result in a decent shot. If some players are hitting shots on plane 100% by using an edge they should be flagged

• Greensboronclion likes this

#13 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:55 PM

Seems like this game is becoming an anti other than 3 click game, Seriously what is all this crap?

• CHAZNEWBY and Starliner640 like this

#14 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:54 PM

The funny thing is that 3C can have an advantage also as I am told by many there are programs to slow the meter down and that would make for an advantage.  Personally I think all swings should be allowed and if your seeing returns from players hitting nothing but straight shots then warn them and if that doesn't work EXPOSE them to the community and that should do the trick.  The game was meant to be played by many ways so let it be that way and just police it.

#15 dewman2854

dewman2854

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:14 PM

first of all who cares what you play anyway? you paid for the game and if you don't belong to any tours why would you care? only reason being you can't beat or out game these people who use game controllers is all. stop your crying and move on with playing any of the games..  have fun 

• GoldenBear likes this

#16 devon1

devon1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:24 PM

The funny thing is that 3C can have an advantage also as I am told by many there are programs to slow the meter down and that would make for an advantage. Personally I think all swings should be allowed and if your seeing returns from players hitting nothing but straight shots then warn them and if that doesn't work EXPOSE them to the community and that should do the trick. The game was meant to be played by many ways so let it be that way and just police it.

tell on them to what community lol

cmon man there will always be winners those that win less

there's no monopoly on hitting good shots in a golf game

as pointed out by op, anyone can do it so no reason not to do your thing

it's all the pretense about outing players that's not good for games

no one can prove anything except the courtesy message - and unless that applies to all swings than it'll never be a totally even field, except that anyone can figure out how to get around a course

professing that you're clean is meaningless

hitting good shots doesn't prove anything in a game that's been out almost half a decade - some guys with thousands of hours should have figured out a consistent approach by now

shame that anyone is missing shots at this late stage - if the game were easier more would have picked it up and stuck with it

what's not right is all of the hypocrisy about who's doing what and who knows really

it basically amounts to cliques that think all their buddies are clean solely because they like them personally... and because they see them miss a few shots here and there - doesn't prove anything even straight shooters miss

when we start outing the 49 odd - or a few hundred - other people playing in the lobby over some self imposed stuff, we've merely eliminated ourselves from reason

#17 FreeBolt

FreeBolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:46 PM

I have never played with a controller myself, but I have played the best controller players this game has to offer many times. Some of the top guys may have a great game here and there, but most times they don't play any better then the next person. I have no complaints myself I have always enjoyed playing with them.

• Greensboronclion and maxie like this

#18 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:49 PM

tell on them to what community lol

cmon man there will always be winners those that win less

there's no monopoly on hitting good shots in a golf game

as pointed out by op, anyone can do it so no reason not to do your thing

it's all the pretense about outing players that's not good for games

no one can prove anything except the courtesy message - and unless that applies to all swings than it'll never be a totally even field, except that anyone can figure out how to get around a course

professing that you're clean is meaningless

hitting good shots doesn't prove anything in a game that's been out almost half a decade - some guys with thousands of hours should have figured out a consistent approach by now

shame that anyone is missing shots at this late stage - if the game were easier more would have picked it up and stuck with it

what's not right is all of the hypocrisy about who's doing what and who knows really

it basically amounts to cliques that think all their buddies are clean solely because they like them personally... and because they see them miss a few shots here and there - doesn't prove anything even straight shooters miss

when we start outing the 49 odd - or a few hundred - other people playing in the lobby over some self imposed stuff, we've merely eliminated ourselves from reason

devon1  what other user name/id do you use in this game forum?

• Greensboronclion and Jesus Jones like this

#19 Jesus Jones

Jesus Jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:24 AM

The funny thing is that 3C can have an advantage also as I am told by many there are programs to slow the meter down and that would make for an advantage. Personally I think all swings should be allowed and if your seeing returns from players hitting nothing but straight shots then warn them and if that doesn't work EXPOSE them to the community and that should do the trick. The game was meant to be played by many ways so let it be that way and just police it.

I thought 3 click has cheat detection.

#20 Sup?

Sup?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:42 AM

I thought 3 click has cheat detection.

Yes, it's called a stuttery meter. ;)

• devon1 and GoldenBear like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic