Photo

Is this a game changer for controller play in tour events???

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#141 FreeBolt

FreeBolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 04:46 PM

I think even with this exploit everything evens out in the end. Controller players don't have an easy time of it, when it comes to the short game especially putting. Putting is probably my biggest strength, and the biggest weakness of even the best controller players.

• CHAZNEWBY, Greensboronclion and Starliner640 like this

#142 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:35 PM

Fair enough and I see your point but I just don't like it as if we cap at a score there is really no sense playing imho.  And yes all opinions are always welcome.

If this idea were ever implemented, it wouldn't mean the Aces, Birdies, Eagles and Albatrosses would stop being registered beyond the capped score. I think it would make players more motivated to focus on adding those results to their data base.

They could lead the field in great shot results - that's pretty motivating. But they would not be able to always win any given tournament.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#143 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:57 PM

If this idea were ever implemented, it wouldn't mean the Aces, Birdies, Eagles and Albatrosses would stop being registered beyond the capped score. I think it would make players more motivated to focus on adding those results to their data base.

They could lead the field in great shot results - that's pretty motivating. But they would not be able to always win any given tournament.

There is no need for this method, the RTS tour i propose will remove any need to use the exploit, it will also remove the " look at me shooting the lights out at tour pro level, alpha male thingy"  :D  as chosen level per event will be hidden ( only you will know )  add to that a handicap and you have the perfect non controversial and fair tour.

• Mike Jones likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#144 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:32 PM

There is no need for this method, the RTS tour i propose will remove any need to use the exploit, it will also remove the " look at me shooting the lights out at tour pro level, alpha male thingy"  :D  as chosen level per event will be hidden ( only you will know )  add to that a handicap and you have the perfect non controversial and fair tour.

But how is your handicap established?  So let's say that I establish a +5 handicap using a Tour Pro swing.  If I drop down and start using Amateur then my handicap will be much less effective.

Unless you lock players in at establishing a handicap at a certain level and then continuing to play at that level, the handicap system will be abused.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#145 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:43 PM

But how is your handicap established?  So let's say that I establish a +5 handicap using a Tour Pro swing.  If I drop down and start using Amateur then my handicap will be much less effective.

Unless you lock players in at establishing a handicap at a certain level and then continuing to play at that level, the handicap system will be abused.

I'm not sure the playing level has anything to do with it, I mean you could just play badly on purpose while establishing a handicap and then play properly in the tournament no matter what level you were playing at. It's the same issue with handicaps as real life golf and it's pretty easy to spot and 'rehandicap' or DQ the offending parties.

• Greensboronclion and GoldenBear like this

#146 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:58 PM

I'm not sure the playing level has anything to do with it, I mean you could just play badly on purpose while establishing a handicap and then play properly in the tournament no matter what level you were playing at. It's the same issue with handicaps as real life golf and it's pretty easy to spot and 'rehandicap' or DQ the offending parties.

Good point and I agree.  But in a video game you could even further abuse the system.  Set your handicap by playing on Tour Pro and then drop down to Amateur and shoot the lights out.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#147 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:27 PM

I just look forward to an RTS tour as I have not played Perfect Golf in 2 days now and not going to play much till I can use my controller again as just not any fun clicking for me. I have played Super Mega Baseball 2, TGC2 and Madden 18 and yes I miss playing but miss the controller more. I think I will play the PGLS Classic and maybe the PGA 18 but nothing else for now. I am learning to like and tolerate TGC2 and that's sad as it's nowhere near as good as JNPG gameplay wise.
  • CHAZNEWBY likes this

#148 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:43 PM

I just look forward to an RTS tour as I have not played Perfect Golf in 2 days now and not going to play much till I can use my controller again as just not any fun clicking for me. I have played Super Mega Baseball 2, TGC2 and Madden 18 and yes I miss playing but miss the controller more. I think I will play the PGLS Classic and maybe the PGA 18 but nothing else for now. I am learning to like and tolerate TGC2 and that's sad as it's nowhere near as good as JNPG gameplay wise.

How are you liking Super Mega Baseball 2 so far?  I can't wait to try it tomorrow night when I get back home.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#149 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:52 PM

Yep Mike.  Here the term is called "sandbagging".

#150 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:57 PM

How are you liking Super Mega Baseball 2 so far?  I can't wait to try it tomorrow night when I get back home.

Great game and started a season with the Sirloins and only 2-2 but love how the game plays. Much more realistic with the ani changes and bigger fields along wth the players moving faster. I bought the add one also but have not fooled with the customization yet. You will love it if a fan of the first game.
  • mebby likes this

#151 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:35 PM

Great game and started a season with the Sirloins and only 2-2 but love how the game plays. Much more realistic with the ani changes and bigger fields along wth the players moving faster. I bought the add one also but have not fooled with the customization yet. You will love it if a fan of the first game.

Good to hear.  Thanks for the report!  Looking forward to playing it.

• Greensboronclion likes this

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#152 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:19 PM

Good point and I agree.  But in a video game you could even further abuse the system.  Set your handicap by playing on Tour Pro and then drop down to Amateur and shoot the lights out.

Early doors the handicap will prob be based on the players we already know from the tours at PGLS, we prob know whos already scoring well, and yes you could drop down to hacker and possibly win the event, but the following week your handicap is gonna change.  This handicapping is not really my thing, i'm gonna be relying on the guys at PGLS to implement it and offer advice on how it will change every week.  Anyone who is not known in a past scoring sense could just start from scratch and then get handicapped as the weeks roll by, after a few weeks we would prob get a good picture to move forward with.  I would also like to get in as many sensible bonuses as i can, so even if you do not win an event you could still pick up some earnings from a bonus, something like the hole in one pot accumulator could see you jump to the top of the earnings list and you may not have come close to winning an event prior to making one good shot.  More than anything else i would just like it to be fun.

• Greensboronclion likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users