#41 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:43 AM

FRETT_III would be a nice name for a new Country Club.

I think our golf community wants to keep various sub-competitions going, even if it's only PG1 for now.  We just need some help from Andrew, i.e. allowing some of us to use the API tool ( my opinion).

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#42 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:06 AM

FRETT_III would be a nice name for a new Country Club.

Yep. It would be wonderful.

I found an email at the Social site...

info@perfectparallel.com

It was down the bottom in dark grey, tiny writing against a black background. They probably didn't want to be swamped with requests.

If someone wants to email them we might get a response. (chuckle)

I don't think I would have a chance in hell of getting a response. I'm a realist.

#43 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:25 AM

I don't think I would have a chance in hell of getting a response. I'm a realist. Ted Ball

Chicken.

I emailed them this:

"As a long time player of computer golf games, from Mean18 thru Links 2003, I've got an interest in creating a career mode base on data from 60 years of the Grand Slam of golf (Masters, US Open, the Open, and PGA Champ.).  I've finished about 75% of the databases needed to create a believable simulation.  What I need now is a way to set tees, pins, and other starting conditions, then invite select friends to play.

Allowing myself access to create a Country Club would seem to fit what I need.  How do I go about getting access to this?"

JMK59

ps...who's going to be on the other side of this email - Andrew, Mike, Trackman reps?

#44 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:58 AM

Great work John. At least your email didn't bounce.

This will work. I know it. They're good people with the interests of the players foremost.

I'm very excited and plenty more people will be as well.

#45 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:35 AM

I'm excited as well.  I wanted to have something ready to go for the US Open - maybe.  Realistically it might be the Open.  The infamous "soon".

Matt Rose's post in the Prairie Dunes thread about ideas starting from age 10 got me thinking about how my own processes started at 13 on a Grand Slam DLC.  I used some of the existing SI and Avalon Hill dice game formats to create my own golf game.  Back in the early 70's the idea of a database of score information didn't exist - there was no internet.  Now I have access to resource to create a true simulation.

All I need now is for the "Golf" platform to keep up (physics wise).

• Greensboronclion and Ted_Ball like this

#46 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:49 AM

The Country Clubs access to API certainly has worked in the past, as this is how PGLS began its in-game evolution from what was a purely non-integrated origin back when we used either scorecard posting, or signing for each others scores to hold what were small-scale events way back in 2015.

Of course, with changes afoot, this may be different now but I can not see any reason for the same access to to be provided to someone who wished to set up their own Country Club events.

Be warned though... documentation on the API is very sparse, and being able to use the API successfully will rely on your knowledge of JSON outputs, database creation and being able to have a web presence which will handle the flow of data which the game creates. That, and endless patience as you test any number of scenarios with 'switch' elements within the API to get it working as you expect.

Andrew has been helpful in providing some feedback to questions when you really get stuck, and to reveal what parts of the API work and what parts sometimes need greater development to work correctly. However, with development now ongoing in PG2, and a new API possibly on the way at some point in the future, his time may well be more limited about being able to provide immediate support for anyone struggling to come to terms with the very basics of its implementation in its present form.

• jmk59 likes this

#47 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:32 AM

We have nothing to lose by trying Mike.

I'm sure if John was able to access the API he would be the man to have a go at working it out with or without assistance. If it is so complicated I don't know how PP expected people to set up clubs. 

We'll see if John gets a reply first eh?

But thanks for the advice.

#48 OldCroc

OldCroc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:36 AM

I found the above posts and ideas very interesting and has in fact enquired about the API tool some time ago to which I received a somewhat indifferent reply. The solution IMHO would be a dedicated server tool, where the tournaments or single games can be arranged through own dedicated server and game can be set up to your own preferences etc.  The name will then appear in a general lobby which can be joined by others. 

#49 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:21 AM

It sounds like you have knowledge of these things OldCroc. I have none.

I'll support and help out with anything can achieve.

#50 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:15 PM

well Ted maybe you and ol croc should get together on something like this.

he has a nice forums page, with 2 voice chats small following at this time. we are also doing some beta testing of course's

for a few of the designers. i would almost bet if something gets worked out he might offer you a place in the forums you could use to run your tourneys from.

if you wanna check out the site just click my banner in sig.

have a good day

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#51 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:57 PM

Cool. Thanks Dave.

#52 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:10 AM

Please excuse my ignorance Dave but where is the banner in your sig?

• shimonko likes this

#53 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:49 AM

the Golfers World banner right below my computer specs.

if you can not see it you might either have all signature's blocked

or just mine.

here is the link

http://golfers.africamotion.net/

also a couple of beta's being tested to get them you need to join the site

they are in the course builder's / testers forum. a Desert course,and a Wetlands course

anyone else you are more then welcome to join us for the testing.

approval will take just a short as there are 2 of us that pretty much got the clock covered 24hrs a day.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#54 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:44 AM

In the registration routine I fill out the form, pass the captcha test (perfect) then I'm asked for a confirmation code but I don't receive one that I can enter ?

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#55 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 11:20 AM

In the registration routine I fill out the form, pass the captcha test (perfect) then I'm asked for a confirmation code but I don't receive one that I can enter ?

looking into this now, by chance did you check your spam folder?

we have been able to approve a few new members this morning, would you please try again.

also make sure to put a check in the done box before the save

Klipsch Sound System

#56 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 11:47 AM

Got it now. Thanks Dave.

#57 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:12 PM

looking into this now, by chance did you check your spam folder?

we have been able to approve a few new members this morning, would you please try again.

also make sure to put a check in the done box before the save

No, had nothing. Did click "Done". Do you mean I get an e-mail with a code in it. Didn't see that mentioned on the website so wasn't expecting it.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#58 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

Did it again and am now waiting an email from an admin. BTW when you place the cursor on a field the label for that field disappears.

Edit: Got the first e-mail but it shows my password in full. That shouldn't happen. If the email is hacked someone gets my password.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#59 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:20 PM

yes you should get an email with a code, then croc or myself will get an email to approve you. after you enter the code in the link on the email

we are in the process of making a Ytube video of the reg process, will be up in a bit.

you are in now. looking into the password thing

Klipsch Sound System

#60 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:55 PM

croc has put up a registation video here

http://golfers.afric...on-on-the-forum

Klipsch Sound System

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users