Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:27 PM

Got it now. Thanks Dave.

just put you in along with Axe360

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#62 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:15 PM

LOL, ok Ted, I hereby grant you power with power I don’t have.
  • RobV likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#63 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:26 PM

Bless you Crow.

It's the thought that counts.

So, Crow - you didn't have any luck getting help from PP about resetting the Official tournaments?

Or you can't say because you are under the Cone of Silence as well?

Strange days indeed.

#64 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:09 PM

Ted with new powers?  Do we now refer to you as "Sir Ted"?

#65 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:14 PM

I'll answer that question in about three weeks....if at all.

#66 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:41 PM

Probation period?

#67 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:06 AM

No. It's all fantasy.

I would be the last person to be given power in spite of my readiness and enthusiasm and history of running comps.

Who was that guy who pushed a peanut up Pike's Peak with his nose? 

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#68 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:34 PM

Thanks Mike. I appreciate your suggestion.

Unfortunately I have no desire to play at Pro level RTS-M. I have a real need to have some control over the ball.

Ted at this point I am playing all my tournaments at Tour Pro 3C but tonight I went in and played a practice round at Willow Heath at Am Level using RTSM.  What I discovered is that at Am level playing RTSM is probably the most enjoyable way to play the game and there is such a jump from Am to Pro that I understand the reason you wont play at Pro.   I will continue to play 3C in tournaments as I am pretty good at it and want to play events at TP and compete but for my fun golf just kicking it around and maybe in some off site events I will play RTSM Am level for the pure fun of it.  By the way I played Willow Heath and shot a 67 and quite a lot of fun.

#69 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:28 AM

Yes G......that's what I'm trying to communicate. The fun aspect.

RTS-M at Amateur is almost foolproof - with just a nice amount of input (path, tempo) for movement in the air. The avatar makes a 'natural' swing gauge as well. When I say 'almost foolproof' you can get a bit lazy concentration-wise and miss fairways and greens in a 'realistic' way.

It's such a great starting point for serious competition as well. As I was trying to say in the other thread, Amateur (for any swing) would possibly be the ideal ground level competition from which Pros and TourPros emerge for their own comps.

That's why I was excited to see an Official Amateur tournament in the lobby. Unfortunately Ball's Luck kicked in and the Official tournament went balls up just as I was getting into it. Incredibly frustrating at this point for me and I'm sure for plenty of others. (Get it together PP.)

I have no idea if 3Clickers or other swings would experience the same fun factor at Amateur but RTS-M/H is Perfect for an enjoyable round and a realistic score. What I would like to point out is that a lifetime 3Clicker would have barely no trouble scoring well at Amateur. 

Another salient point is that in an Amateur comp there would be no need for handicaps to negate the 'cheat' effect of some swing methods. Everyone hits the ball straightish anyway. Can people see this? 

Great post G.

• Richard and Greensboronclion like this

#70 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:03 AM

Another salient point is that in an Amateur comp there would be no need for handicaps to negate the 'cheat' effect of some swing methods. Everyone hits the ball straightish anyway. Can people see this? 

Another point is that, at Amateur with it's universal straightishness, there is no need to introduce handicaps. I'm afraid I'm just not attracted to PGLS for that reason. I say that with the greatest respect for PGLS and their controller issues. In my opinion handicaps tell you precisely nothing. 

#71 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:24 PM

Tournaments are coming to PG2 Ted - why so impatient?

Can't you just enjoy PG1 for the next few years?

;-)

#72 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:43 AM

I ended the official tournaments today and have attempted to add a couple of new test tournaments for June. It seems they are showing up now so please report if there are any further issues thx.

Seems there is still a leaderboard error although the social site leaderboards are still working. They're under country clubs and/perfect golf club.

• Stingreye likes this

#73 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:38 AM

Very good. Thanks

#74 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:27 PM

Andrew has now fixed the scoreboard bug so all should be good now.

• Stingreye likes this

#75 BlackCat0315

BlackCat0315

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:33 PM

I ended the official tournaments today and have attempted to add a couple of new test tournaments for June. It seems they are showing up now so please report if there are any further issues thx.

Seems there is still a leaderboard error although the social site leaderboards are still working. They're under country clubs and/perfect golf club.

I am told that the new tourneys only allow for one player and invites cannot be issued for multiplayer play. Has this been done for a reason or is it an error ?

#76 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:43 PM

There are now 4 new tournaments to play in this Month including the Memorial at Muirfield Village.

• Stingreye likes this

#77 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:44 PM

I am told that the new tourneys only allow for one player and invites cannot be issued for multiplayer play. Has this been done for a reason or is it an error ?

I think all the tournaments I have set up previously were for solo play ie 1 team. Perhaps Art (Crow) did it differently when he set up the recent ones. Is this something you think should be included and did it work without issues in previous tournaments?

#78 BlackCat0315

BlackCat0315

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:50 PM

I think all the tournaments I have set up previously were for solo play ie 1 team. Perhaps Art (Crow) did it differently when he set up the recent ones. Is this something you think should be included and did it work without issues in previous tournaments?

The multiplayer option is a must for me and it did work without issue. Any chance of an amendement ?

#79 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:51 PM

The multiplayer option is a must for me and it did work without issue. Any chance of an amendement ?

Sorry I can't change it now but will keep it in mind for next months tournaments.

#80 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:19 AM

Just played Shadowlands amateur tournament and at the end of the round the scorecrard for the OGT Galloway National was displayed. When I go back to the Shadowlands tournament I'm asked to play round 1 again.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users