• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#121 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:01 PM

Congrats to scoops100, blackcatgolf0315 and Bluesman for their wins 'last week'!

More tournaments to follow.

• scoops100 likes this

#122 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:17 PM

New tournaments are up - 

Amateur 72 holes Boston Brawl and  36 Holes Deutsche classic - good luck!

• scoops100 and balaceanca81 like this

#123 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:11 PM

Great!! In for 36!

#124 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 07:50 AM

Hacker and TP comps now added.

• scoops100 likes this

#125 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 10:47 AM

Any new tournaments being posted?   Wish we could set up our own.....   Please keep us playing!!  

#126 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:06 PM

They are not authorised to have any regard for the plebs - it's as simple as that.
  • ✠ davef ✠ and RobV like this

#127 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:51 PM

got tired of asking

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#128 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:18 AM

Yeah, I just don't get it.   For the few, dedicated players that are still enjoying this game, why not give them the authorization to continue to post tournaments of all formats, courses, etc.   Heck at this point, wouldn't even mind setting an offline tournament and play with the AI.    I don't know....  just baffling if you ask me.     

#129 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:54 AM

really sad just watching this game wither away.

when you got the main folks on here posting about the other games they play instead of trying to further 

this project, says a lot.

maybe the question ought to be how long are you going to keep this on life support, before

it just goes away.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#130 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:20 PM

i'm with ya davef--time for the devs to get off their duffs and keep PG  going for the many of us --who  will increase if efforts are placed back to doing the many things that need doing --  simulate links 2003 -- not have to copy it , but add features thay had -such as a choice of players to pick from --crowds if a player wants em --etc etc

i love this game -- just needs some things to bring in more players -- or-- get back ones we had at beginning

#131 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:56 PM

really sad just watching this game wither away.
when you got the main folks on here posting about the other games they play instead of trying to further
this project, says a lot.
maybe the question ought to be how long are you going to keep this on life support, before
it just goes away.

Didn't realise we should only play PG and not play and talk about other games. Our bad.

Must remember to commit 24/7 to PG in future.

PS. If you want MJ to setup some tournies, you'll find him on the PS4 in RDR2.

#132 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 03:35 PM

thanks for your silly wit there daz

• maxie likes this

Klipsch Sound System

#133 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:54 PM

I now play about four rounds a week at most here at PG and I play about the same at TGC 2019.  Also play my Super Mega Baseball 2 and get in some games on my Xbox One.  You got to change it up and I play TGC 2019 for the career mode that we dont have here and PG for the tournament RTS swing league.  As Daz says dont forget your other games and dont count on one to last forever as it wont.  I do wish we could do the same with JNPG that we did for Links 2003 and Mod it but doubt that will ever happen.

#134 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:04 PM

I do wish we could do the same with JNPG that we did for Links 2003 and Mod it but doubt that will ever happen.

Can you imagine what the community would come up with if it had the ability to mod?   Not only would we have nice courses, which are already available, but new cloths, clubs, animations, career mode, all kinds of goodies and countless amount of add-ons.    oh yeah, for those that enjoy them, let's not forget soundscripts!.. whatever happened to the soundscript editor??   It was thrown out to us for "testing", never heard a word back from the devs...    

As mentioned in other threads, the only thing that keeps me firing up this game is the curiosity of checking out the new course designs, created by the community...  Additionally, these forums are dead too.. oh well.. it is what it is. 

• Greensboronclion likes this

#135 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:47 PM

Yes Rob the forums are dead. I have packed my PC up as I am transitioning from work to retirement at the end of the month and won't play PG till probably the weekend after Thanksgiving but I won't be missing much as just not many people around right now. Besides I got my Xbox One still going and Forza getting a lot of play right now. A mod for this game with the community taking over like links 2003 would really bring the game back to life but I can't see it ever happening. Imho we will probably see TGC 2020 before we see a new version of this game and that's a shame as this is the best video golf game I ever played.
  • RobV likes this

#136 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:42 PM

Yes Rob the forums are dead. I have packed my PC up as I am transitioning from work to retirement at the end of the month and won't play PG till probably the weekend after Thanksgiving but I won't be missing much as just not many people around right now. Besides I got my Xbox One still going and Forza getting a lot of play right now. A mod for this game with the community taking over like links 2003 would really bring the game back to life but I can't see it ever happening. Imho we will probably see TGC 2020 before we see a new version of this game and that's a shame as this is the best video golf game I ever played.

No if you check out the steam charts the average is pretty steady since last december and peak count is increassing. When you say  you wont be missing much as just not  many people around i pressume you meant on the forum ?

• Greensboronclion likes this

#137 BlackCat0315

BlackCat0315

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:33 PM

When The Golf Club 2019 introduces its own tournament structure, this game will die.

This game has mountains of promise but nobody seems interested in making it happen. My advice to OGT and PGLS is to switch to The Golf Club 2019. Maybe that will provide PP with some motivation.

#138 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:49 PM

When The Golf Club 2019 introduces its own tournament structure, this game will die.

This game has mountains of promise but nobody seems interested in making it happen. My advice to OGT and PGLS is to switch to The Golf Club 2019. Maybe that will provide PP with some motivation.

What are OGT and PGLS missing right now with JNPG that the switch to TGC 2019 improves?

#139 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:28 PM

Number of people completing all 4 rounds at PGLS for the 3 main weekly events are actually the exact same number as this time last year (last 5 week average), with this week the number improving and will be the highest for 3 months, just PP site that's dying, PGLS player numbers holding fine.

How's OGT doing number wise? Zmax, Tim, can you confirm if numbers holding with your site too?

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#140 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:41 PM

I care to not comment over here any more.. not worth it..

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users