Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:42 AM

Next update Dave.

Very interesting scores at the top when you take into consideration..

conditions

lack of penal danger

the course (with respect (I learnt a lot))

any equipment

any swing and..

the level

There is one 59. 

More later after last rounds are in.

#83 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:02 AM

updated

#84 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:25 PM

I'm now addicted to Official Tournaments. Very motivating. 

so  you got he tourney bug now,lol

always been my favorite part of these golf games. best place to watch yourself progress.

i myself have picked a few players to chase through the tourneys just to see how much better

i get with time. quite enjoying i must say.

• Ted_Ball likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#85 Mr Ghost

Mr Ghost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:18 PM

I am new to golf overall. Started on free phone games. Then started watching real golf.  Me and my brother play and tried different games and eventually found our way to JNPG. This was the first time i played a tournament here. Also first time playing on amateur level.  Don't think i did too bad despite having issues with game stuttering/jerky motion (which has been happening more and more lately) and not knowing when backspin will happen or not. haha ended up in the water once with that. In my research i have seen others say, if they land before the hole the ball will take off and run off the green, and if they hit past the hole they get no back spin and roll forever. haha The game knows and is messing with me. lol

Think i will make this a regular thing though.  Thanks for the official tourney.

#86 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:28 PM

I am new to golf overall. Started on free phone games. Then started watching real golf.  Me and my brother play and tried different games and eventually found our way to JNPG. This was the first time i played a tournament here. Also first time playing on amateur level.  Don't think i did too bad despite having issues with game stuttering/jerky motion (which has been happening more and more lately) and not knowing when backspin will happen or not. haha ended up in the water once with that. In my research i have seen others say, if they land before the hole the ball will take off and run off the green, and if they hit past the hole they get no back spin and roll forever. haha The game knows and is messing with me. lol

Think i will make this a regular thing though.  Thanks for the official tourney.

join the 2 free sites i have the banners on my sig PGLS has a bunch of weekly tourneys ,ladders and such.

at Golfers World we do a weekly tourney also.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#87 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:30 PM

There isn't any definite rule. Depends on a number of things e.g. green slope, firmness, strength of shot. Common scenarios where backspin is imparted is on C3 swing when you stop the upswing halfway between 11 and 12 o'clock or just after 12o'clock but again can depend on other factors.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#88 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 03:19 AM

It has been very interesting for me to see the low scores at Golden Meadows. It is a vindication of what I wrote in this thread....

how low can you go

I have no idea which level the top ten finishers commonly play at but I will assume there are competent Tour Pro and Pro people playing in this Amateur tournament. The fact that there is no more than one sub 60 round and there are no stupidly low scores supports the fact that even at Amateur level this game has a balance that is near Perfect.

Together with the fact that the tournament was played at a relatively easy course in mainly benign conditions makes the scoring quite 'realistic'. This reinforces my theory that Amateur level is a Perfect base level from which the tougher levels evolve. I would even go so far as to have some sort of qualifications for entry into Pro and Tour Pro competition - let anyone enter the higher grade comps but have a one-round cut for anyone over, say, 15 shots of the leader. 

The other thing is that the leading players can't improve their scores significantly from low 60s but the rest of the field can potentially improve dramatically - bringing scores closer. Check the best rounds of guys at the back of the leaderboard and they are shooting in the mid to high 70s.

#89 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:08 AM

Great tournament Affo. Nice first round.

This interests me.

#90 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:07 AM

Thanks Ted.

I wouldn't normally play at Amateur, but wanted to see how much the wind (or lack of) and mistiming would effect shots compared to Tour Pro.

Like you said, it is one of the easier courses, and if it was on perfect greens and not realistic (man I hate those), it would have been about 2-3 shots better per round. How you can have a flat put, ding it and it finish 30cm to the side of the cup and think "yes, that's fun" is beyond me, lol.

Interesting, but I won't be playing any more at Amateur, not right when I am solely a TP player and especially if realistic greens return!

Cheers

Andy

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#91 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:59 AM

It has been very interesting for me to see the low scores at Golden Meadows. It is a vindication of what I wrote in this thread....

how low can you go

I have no idea which level the top ten finishers commonly play at but I will assume there are competent Tour Pro and Pro people playing in this Amateur tournament. The fact that there is no more than one sub 60 round and there are no stupidly low scores supports the fact that even at Amateur level this game has a balance that is near Perfect.

Together with the fact that the tournament was played at a relatively easy course in mainly benign conditions makes the scoring quite 'realistic'. This reinforces my theory that Amateur level is a Perfect base level from which the tougher levels evolve. I would even go so far as to have some sort of qualifications for entry into Pro and Tour Pro competition - let anyone enter the higher grade comps but have a one-round cut for anyone over, say, 15 shots of the leader. 

The other thing is that the leading players can't improve their scores significantly from low 60s but the rest of the field can potentially improve dramatically - bringing scores closer. Check the best rounds of guys at the back of the leaderboard and they are shooting in the mid to high 70s.

The strength of this tournament, and I believe you subscribe to this Ted,is that it is simple. One in, all in. No complications. I really  think that what we have should remain and any new fancy requirements should belong to a seperate competition. As you say Ted, it should evolve nicely if players turn up regularly and work at bringing their scores down a bit.

• Ted_Ball likes this

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#92 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:19 AM

That's correct club. All problems are solved by keeping it simple.

#93 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:38 PM

What I love about the Am level events is that I get to experiment as I play TP in PGLS events but here at Am level I play RTSM and its like a whole new experience playing that way.  I wish we had the ability to play events in the other tours at different levels so we could do this but I guess it would be to hard to let players switch from TP for one event and Am level for say another but it sure would make the tournament aspect a lot more interesting to play.  I also think it would allow players playing at a lower level to try moving up a level for a week just to try and would lead to more players playing the game also.  I know what I can shoot with 3C at TP but what can I do with RTSM or MS at Pro or Am level and that would be a great feature.  Here is to hoping that something like this would be possible in the future.

#94 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:43 PM

I can see difficulties arising from the use of different swing types per tournament but as both OGT and PGLS use handicaps I can't immediately see why players couldn't use different levels per tournament i.e. Am this week, Pro next week. The handicaps mean that the variable scores produced all come out in the wash over time.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#95 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 03:24 AM

Interesting, but I won't be playing any more at Amateur...I am solely a TP player

And it's a self-regulating comp. 

Amateur entrants topped the ton.

102 with 46 completing their four rounds.

#96 Goran JoeMen

Goran JoeMen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:29 PM

I play Pro (RTM) at the PGLS Tour and I do that because I like to try to break par, and that is where I usually am as pro.

When I play multiplayer games for fun with random opponents I often chose Amateur instead, it gets more relaxed and enjoyable when I don´t have to work so hard to keep the shots straight. So I don´t see much difference in the score, because I know that when I play pro I have to concentrate more and normally get the same result.

The only "danger" I have seen is that it is easy to pick up bad habits, because you don´t get away with less perfect swing tempo as a pro after you played a few amateur rounds. 

http://www.goranmentzer.st

RTS-M pro  -  Intel i5-9600K 3.7ghz  - 16GB  RAM - GeForce RTX 2060 super  - 2560x1440

#97 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:36 PM

difference's in MP play and solo play for tourney rounds.

how do you play your tourney rounds?

i find solo and MP play different and it also shows in my scores

i play my tourney rounds solo as i play my best when i can keep a fast pace going on

and move quickly through a course. my MP play and solo play seem to have bout 4 strokes different

as an avg.

Klipsch Sound System

#98 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:49 AM

I'm assuming this weeks Officials will be wrapping up soon  (*cough)   so here's the up to date leaderboard.

Great numbers and plenty completed their four rounds.

top_20.png

#99 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:02 AM

mid_20.png

#100 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball