43 replies to this topic

#41 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:17 AM

I still haven't worked out if SkyTrak's support staff are bots or not. I asked them once and they said they weren't a bot, but they sounded like a bot when they said that. This was from Seth from SkyTrak who isn't of charge of things like this, but definitely more reliable than bots:

Screenshot_20180619-182232_Chrome.jpg?wi

#42 BrianZ111

BrianZ111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:18 PM

Alright, guess I'll have to contact them again then, thanks.

Having done some chat support for a company (was not my actual job but others in the company had to help in their peak support season) I know a bit about how it works.  We had canned responses that we would click to send for most common questions.  In our case a person was always reading it and picking the response but it could look like a bot because you'd get the exact same phrasing every time if you asked the same question.  If it didn't have a canned response then you'd answer it like a normal person chatting.  If you didn't know the answer you passed it up to the next level support which I did a lot of if it got that far because it wasn't my regular job.  You could also get back to people via e-mail if you needed some time to find out the answer.  I imagine a computer could pick up on keywords in a question and send a canned response itself before needing to go to a person if that failed.  That wasn't how it worked where I worked but that company is known for good support so there are probably multiple places where most other companies try to cut corners here.  I don't think this would be a common enough question to have a canned response so I suspect I got to a real person who didn't know the answer but answered anyway.  It would be pretty bad if they have a canned response giving out bad information.

#43 Krep26

Krep26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:58 PM

I was able to call today once I got my SkyTrak and pay the additional $150 to upgrade. 

#44 BrianZ111

BrianZ111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:55 PM

I called SkyTrak support today looking to get downgraded to the $100 subscription and get $150 back.  I don't think it's an unreasonable request since I was given bad information by them.  They are going to get back to me, hopefully they do the right thing.  I really just wanted to reserve my opportunity to play it if I end up doing any courses for Perfect Golf so I'll need the $250 subscription if that happens but I don't need it now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users