#42 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:12 PM

I cant download the career databases as it stops at 99% or less all three times.  Figured I would pass that on before I try again.

Download the PG Career Mode.7z file instead G. 

That will create your folder when you extract all files.

#43 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:50 PM

I got it Ted.  By the way I am about to post a topic on RTSM as tonight at the 1st round of the PGLS Open Championship I just shot 84 at Am level.  And I am stoked and loving it even though my swing was way off.

#44 Rospen

Rospen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:28 AM

Hi Ted,

The career files seem to be missing from your mega storage?

#45 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:27 PM

I think the files were moved to a different folder.  I'll go clean it up.

Update:  I'm almost done with the dynamic scoreboard, with stats and full scorecards for the 156+ players in the field.  New files coming soon.

*** A Dynamic scoreboard that links everyone's score to their tee time.  Right now its Static and can be played two ways.  Don't look at it before you go play, then come in and post a score - its like you're in the first group on the course.  Second way is to look at it before you go play, like you're  the last group of the day.  Hole-by-hole input (your scores) isn't immersive in either instance.  A Dynamic scoreboard brings hole-by-hole scoring back into play.  Every time you enter a score for the hole you're on, the scoreboard would update and re-shuffle positions based on who's out on the course, and what hole they're on.

Edit: I've attached some pics of the Pairings, Dynamic Scoreboard, and Stats.

[attachment=1477:Pairs.gif]     [attachment=1478:Dynamic Scoreboard.gif]     [attachment=1479:Stats.gif]

#46 Rospen

Rospen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 04:36 AM

Looks really good. Looking forward to playing some rounds once the files are available.

#47 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 16 August 2018 - 05:37 AM

I'm glad you like the look.  1600 views and no comments to me means folks are waiting for a more finished product before they get serious about testing things out.  Fair enough.

Daughter's wedding at the end of the month is taking up my time for now.  Hope to have something before the 2019 FedEx Cup starts.

#48 ollybobbles

ollybobbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 02:24 PM

This is looking amazing. Your hard work is very much appreciated. Anyone who has a look around will realise what a monumental task it is to get it up and running. Thank you again and again and i'm sure our patience will be rewarded with something so immersive that it will be like having a new game almost.

#49 Rospen

Rospen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:14 AM

Very impressive so far. The amount of work put in to create the databases with historical performance is awesome.

Fantastic that we can simulate and play the 2004 PGA at Whistling Straits for example. Terrific work!

#50 ollybobbles

ollybobbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:13 PM

I think it is only fair and right to leave this topic alone while the hard work goes on behind the scenes - just wondered if there is an update to where this is at ….. still the only real viable career (sort of) option for perfect golf.

#51 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:50 PM

Hi all - making a lot of progress on this in the last few weeks.  I'll upload a new Main Module in the next few days for opinions specifically related to the Dynamic Scoreboard, and how it functions.

I've been reading over on the TCG2019 forums about what features are or aren't yet in their Career Mode.  Most of what is being asked for is already in the Dynamic Scoreboard, and then some. Included so far are PGA rules for tee times, pairings, and scores posted at proper times, along with statistically based scoring (not rubber-band) and a way to adjust AI scores as a group.  Pairings and playoff formats have changed at least 3 times since 1960, and are programed in as options.

Right now its programed through Round 1, so some feedback would be welcome before it gets copied into Rounds 2-4, and Playoff.  The functionality works similar to a VCR to advance the tournament (and scores) from 7 am to 7 pm.  Your tee time dictates your weather and course conditions, with the other PGA scores being revealed on a hole-by-hole basis, at a time relative to everyone's tee time.  Sort of turn based when you play, but can be fast forwarded to watch the entire tournament play out (at ~2 to 10 seconds refresh rate).

When its done, it could be used as a stand alone CM for any golf platform.

and...you guys don't have to leave me alone - you can ask questions.

• Greensboronclion likes this

#52 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 20 October 2018 - 03:03 AM

Hi John,

What is the status of your spreadsheet at Mega?  I downloaded some pieces for it a while back but wasn't able to get off the ground with it (admittedly, I didn't spend much time looking at it, since I haven't been playing the game).

#53 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 20 October 2018 - 03:17 AM

I took the Main Module down for now - it looks a lot different than it did 2 months ago (progress).  It's still geared towards a historical career mode of the Four Majors (Grand Slam).

In the mean time, Highfade posted an older SIM08 career mode from the Links2003 days.  I've been modifying it, and updating the artwork to try and put together a FedEx career mode in the short term.  Its one season at a time (current 2019 schedule), so it should be quick work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users