#121 Unique

Unique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:49 AM

No probs.  I could offer a head start on Palmer Coolum or Newcastle, they have splines and tees set to go.

OK Let's do Clive Coolum It has good height changes. Unless you have a preference?

#122 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:06 AM

I think Coolum.  It's closer to home and has some good holes.  Newcastle...one day.

I'm doing a bit more work on Coolum today and I'll try to upload the project tonight.

• Unique likes this

#123 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 10 June 2020 - 10:55 AM

I think Coolum.  It's closer to home and has some good holes.  Newcastle...one day.

I'm doing a bit more work on Coolum today and I'll try to upload the project tonight.

This Course has some fond memories for me, I live locally only 15 mins away.

Played this course many times- Hyatt Coolum the old and original design – layout  before the Beach/Eastern part of course was sold off for land development.

The head coach years back was peter heineger, he was a good coach and being left handed like me.
I had a few lessons from him over the years at this course, great views of Mt coolum always in the background.

The Australian PGA was held here for a while too, I used to follow the pros around when the pga was on,i took many photos and video of the course as well over the years, I had planned to do this course one day.Cant find the files now I had them on a portable hard drive, looks like I lost them all.

I won a contest one year and had a lesson with Aaron Baddley at Hyatt Coolum, he was one of the best young aussie pros of his era, he along with the local hyatt coolum pro helped my handicap get down to +9.

The old layout took you  under the highway East  and south bound along the beach side, then back under the road to  the remainder of the  back nine.

The Beach/Eastern part of course was sold off for development which is under protest by all the locals including me, they want to build this massive development so close to the beach, its been  scrutinsed and opposed, was going to be towering over the trees and landscape.

Looks like its been approved, so lots people arent happy right now and the current owner of the course really stuffed it up, pissed off a lot of people including myself.

Theres a local Mount coolum  public course nearby, I played that a fair bit, got a hole in one there once on the par 3 148m.There was a drought on one year hence  the dams were dry, I think got about 70 balls out of the mud during a solo game.

Theres some really good courses on the sunshine coast, ive played all of them, pelican waters in caloundra is a decent course as well, and just like the Coolum course  the developers are moving in to take over, I really dont like this modern day greedy world, desperately want the old days back.

Anyway good on you for taking this on, I  had planned to do this course and many others but got annoyed with this whole PG/Trackman Simulator thing. I had plans for some  sand belt courses and wanted to do some asian paddy field, high mountains, lush scenery themed style as well, nevermind……..

So thanks very much for doing this one as its personal

• RobC likes this

#124 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:07 AM

Hopefully we do it justice mate.  I didn't know it had been redesigned fairly recently.

If you still play I'll let you know If Peter and I go for a round.

#125 Unique

Unique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 11 June 2020 - 11:47 AM

I'm keen, I'd like to have a hit to get a feel for the course and planting. Remember that we are only limited to 4 players  :D because of restrictions.

#126 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:17 PM

I don't play anymore, do alot of mountain biking and little bit of surfing as i had arthritus in joints over the years constant golf and sports, so I can't get a good shoulder-body turn and can't keep my arm straight enough.

So as I can't play like I used to i rather not play anymore moved on to other sports.

Shoulder injuries etc due to mtb biking and surfing as well I used to be a member at Horton park gc and same as mentioned sunshine council forced my local golf club to sell and move which got me along with everyone else bummed.

Another greedy move by this corporate world were in.Coolum is ok there's better courses though out there.Theres too many real courses that are boring and don't do it for me ' coolum is average and up to you guys I think there's much better courses you could do.

That's why I did lands end.tobacco road just bit more interesting and exciting for the senses.

One day I was in the PG lobby and I noticed someone playing Hyatt coolum but they never published i tried to contact the guy but no reply' so someone created it and kept it for themselves.
  • oZZeus likes this

#127 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:18 PM

I don't play anymore, do alot of mountain biking and little bit of surfing as i had arthritus in joints over the years constant golf and sports, so I can't get a good shoulder-body turn and can't keep my arm straight enough.

So as I can't play like I used to i rather not play anymore moved on to other sports.

Shoulder injuries etc due to mtb biking and surfing as well I used to be a member at Horton park gc and same as mentioned sunshine council forced my local golf club to sell and move which got me along with everyone else bummed.

Another greedy move by this corporate world were in.Coolum is ok there's better courses though out there.Theres too many real courses that are boring and don't do it for me ' coolum is average and up to you guys I think there's much better courses you could do.

That's why I did lands end.tobacco road just bit more interesting and exciting for the senses.

One day I was in the PG lobby and I noticed someone playing Hyatt coolum but they never published i tried to contact the guy but no reply' so someone created it and kept it for themselves.

#128 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:24 PM

I wonder if it's possible that it may have been someone from PP play testing a course? Before the new build was ready?

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#129 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 03:29 AM

That's fair enough PZ.  Yeah I know about Horton Park, my sister's partner has played the course they sent Horton members to, Maroochy River, a few times and liked it.

I know you like your visually stunning Strantz courses.  There's nothing that looks like that down under, except maybe the Sandbelt.  I think Coolum will be fine.

#130 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 12 June 2020 - 10:48 AM

Ah, yes mike strantz, wish you would do some of those, i have  been waiting for someone to tackle his courses

• erwildcat likes this

#131 erwildcat

erwildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationPiedmont North Carolina

Posted 12 June 2020 - 10:13 PM

Ah, yes mike strantz, wish you would do some of those, i have  been waiting for someone to tackle his courses

OMG Yes! 

Caledonia Golf and Fish Club (South Carolina)
True Blue (South Carolina)
Bulls Bay (South Carolina)
Tobacco Road (North Carolina)
Tot Hill Farm (North Carolina)
Royal New Kent (Virginia)
Stonehouse (Virginia)
Silver Creek Valley (California)
Monterey Peninsula Country Club - Shore Course (California)

I can't complain about what great courses we have already (and I love pingzing2's Tobacco Road-a great autumn course), but there are some really outstanding courses in the Strantz portfolio. My pick would be Caledonia or Tot Hill Farm which is a hidden gem about 15 miles from my home.

ASUS Microsoft Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s),  (RAM) 16.0 GB

#132 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:31 AM

OMG Yes! 

Caledonia Golf and Fish Club (South Carolina)
True Blue (South Carolina)
Bulls Bay (South Carolina)
Tobacco Road (North Carolina)
Tot Hill Farm (North Carolina)
Royal New Kent (Virginia)
Stonehouse (Virginia)
Silver Creek Valley (California)
Monterey Peninsula Country Club - Shore Course (California)

I can't complain about what great courses we have already (and I love pingzing2's Tobacco Road-a great autumn course), but there are some really outstanding courses in the Strantz portfolio. My pick would be Caledonia or Tot Hill Farm which is a hidden gem about 15 miles from my home.

Finally  someone to look into Mike Strantz stuff,and you live so close to some of his courses.

Tot hill farm really talks to me, they all do, he is my man mr strantz, could you have a gander at Tot hill, maybe some nice guys here could help you out, god ive been waiting for anyone out there to do create his gems, thats why i did tobacco road,  the creativity of that guy.

Cheers Cougar- i mean wildcat

#133 erwildcat

erwildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationPiedmont North Carolina

Posted 14 June 2020 - 11:47 AM

Sorry if I misled you but I'm not a designer. I was just agreeing with you on the genius of one Mr. Mike Strantz. Maybe someone will pick up on another one of his courses. Congrats on Tobacco Road-perhaps my most-played course in this game.

ASUS Microsoft Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s),  (RAM) 16.0 GB

#134 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:16 PM

To JT83 or Joe (if Joe's still around, he gets "banned" every now and then)...lol

If one of you guys get bored and have nothing on earth to do, I used to have a rich friend when I was a kid (we stopped hanging around when we got older and he realized he was far superior)...lol, who was a member of "Rivercrest CC in Fort Worth, Tx."  It's a purely nostalgic course request, but would be nice to play again for old memories... :D 

The address is "1501 Western Ave, Fort Worth, Tx 76107"

It looks like this on Google maps...

DQPvQnK.jpg

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#135 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:46 AM

https://mega.nz/fold...naovyhzI87wQ2dg

Resolution 2049, height 62.7

If you're enjoying designing and ever want to pay me back, check out TPC Woodlands.  Thought it was a really fun Links course, but I'll never get to it.

#136 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 26 June 2020 - 04:46 PM

Thanks jt83!...lidar and image look great!. TPC Woodlands does look like a fun layout. Post a link for me to download what you have, and I'd be happy to try to make something decent we could play.  :D

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#137 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:57 PM

Sorry didn't see this sooner but I just have been busy at work and with my new 75" Hisense H8G 4K HDR TV I watch tv a lot more..lol - Need to get a microsoft wireless adapter though if I want to be able to see my computer screen on it so I can possibly design while sitting in the lazyboy..lol

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#138 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 27 June 2020 - 04:51 PM

Sorry didn't see this sooner but I just have been busy at work and with my new 75" Hisense H8G 4K HDR TV I watch tv a lot more..lol - Need to get a microsoft wireless adapter though if I want to be able to see my computer screen on it so I can possibly design while sitting in the lazyboy..lol

Nice, I've heard the UHD is amazing on those...I can't believe how inexpensive they are now, too. Now, you're never gonna get anything done around the house! lol

• Joe Habiger likes this

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#139 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 27 June 2020 - 05:45 PM

Nice, I've heard the UHD is amazing on those...I can't believe how inexpensive they are now, too. Now, you're never gonna get anything done around the house! lol

This TV is so darn nice it puts my upstairs $2000 65" Sony XBR850C 4K TV to shame. The picture is so unreal watching 4k videos on youtube.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#140 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 12 September 2020 - 10:48 PM

Hey guys, the beggars back...lol :D  I found a cool looking course that Pete Dye worked on. It has lots of water and a cool island green. If somebody has the time to put an image and lidar together I'll be eternally in your debt! :D.  It's Eagle Eye Golf Club in Bath, Mi.  (here's a couple of screenies to make it easier to locate) Thanks!

JPn0syN.jpg

XT9ci8K.jpg

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users