#81 Wingding65

Wingding65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 11:30 AM

Thanks again jt83.

jt I have another question for you.

Do you know how to handle holes that are doubled up on? For example Walgett has 5 holes which are played twice from different tee positions.

I'm just now starting one of them and I noticed that it displays 2 flags on the same green (being the 2nd and 11th).

Any thoughts on what I do about that?

Also when a par 5 bends at 90 degrees around a corner at the midway point can you make the flyby camera face forward in the tee off direction as mine wants to look at the flag prompting me to map a flyby from the side of the hole which seems a bit odd? It works but you feel like a crab watching it.

#82 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 02:50 PM

I think flybys follow shot points, so place them and see if the flyby works.

I'm not sure if simply putting two sets of pins on the same green is all you have to do for a 9-holer that doubles as an 18.  I'll have to look into it.

#83 Wingding65

Wingding65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 12:44 AM

Walgett's a strange little course in that it's an actual 13 hole course which double's up on 5 of them to make 18 jt83.

The 2nd/11th hole at Walgett has a fairway that turns almost at right angles halfway along it. The flyby does indeed follow the shot points but the wide camera angle is always facing towards the flag and this is why the flyby looks a bit side saddled until it reaches the halfway turn. As I said before I've offset the start of the flyby to the left of the tee and fairway and this at least allows it to include the first part of the hole. Other than that I don't see a better solution.

Yep any help jt83 regarding what to do with holes that show two flags because they are used twice, would be great.

Oh jt83, there is just one last course height map that I would be interested in and that is Branxton Golf Course located about 20km from Singleton. It's a 9 hole course with some quirky height variations that I've played several times over the past 20 years. Again no pressure though as I'm very happy with what you have done for me to date.

#84 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 04:17 AM

Updated the list with a few courses (Kingsley Club and International in the US, Royal Cinque and Portstewart in UK.)  If I ever clear out my mega/dropbox accounts I think everyone gets the idea - the US and the UK are pretty well covered, everywhere else is spotty.

With Andrew's update anyone who makes a course at least knows they're not making something with an expiry date.

#85 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 05:55 AM

Is there any Lidar coverage in the Scottsdsle, Arizona area yet? I’d love to do one of those courses.

#86 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 03:49 AM

No.  axe360 made Dove Mountain and there's lidar around there.  No-one's done The Gallery yet.

#87 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 09:15 AM

Cleanout complete.  Lofoten and Ballybunion still available.

#88 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:17 PM

Cleanout complete.  Lofoten and Ballybunion still available.

Appreciate you posting those jt83...I grabbed about 20 of them, so that should keep me entertained for some time! Your Scandinavian lidar and image had both the "new" course and the "old" course, and I've been having some fun splining the old course. Thanks again, much appreciated!  :D

nenDFHq.jpg

6aJMiTd.jpg

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#89 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:12 AM

No problem!  I didn't think they were very popular so I just kept the ones that were hard to get.

Most maps I made should be OK but if any of your splines don't seem to line up exactly with the image let me know, it's a projection issue.  The same issue caused a mine collapse in 1980.

• Jugador likes this

#90 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:32 AM

Hi jt83, Joe did a unity pkg for me awhile back, (which is great), but i realize now, I could have requested lidar and a image that covers both courses I used to play as a kid, and a new private course that was built later. If you get the time, I'd very much be grateful for lidar and an image that encompasses all 3 courses. It's "Mira Vista CC" in Ft, worth,Tx, Pecan valley "River Course" and the "Hills Course" all bunched together.  Here's a pic of the real estate I'd like to have.  :D

B61zxzB.jpg

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#91 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:18 AM

https://mega.nz/#F!a...WZk5odsTGel2qlw

Terrain height is 54.2, resolution 2049, 3000x3000 dimensions.  You'll have to move tees and pins around to build three courses, but a map that covered all three is what you wanted, so buyer beware...

#92 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 30 January 2020 - 06:06 AM

Wow...everything lines up perfect! I owe you one!  :D

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#93 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 11 April 2020 - 10:19 PM

Hi...got a courses request for Mr. Habiger. Hi Joe, I remember from your tutorial video you said you had most of Minnesota lidar, so I was wondering if you could put a pkg together for me. Your probably familiar with the courses..."Dutch Legacy Course", and  "Bobby's Legacy Course" in Brainerd, Mn. If you have time, you can make them seperate or just one image covering both. (whatever is easier for you) Here's a pic of the real estate. I believe this screenshot here would cover both courses. (Dutch and Bobby's)

ctG3uBE.jpg

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#94 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 12 April 2020 - 12:11 AM

Yep I've had these already to go for a long time. Let me upload and i'll you'll have to do is open in unity and turn on course forge because everything is already set. Just start adding shapes. I did both of these courses for another game that is not around anymore.

There is an annoying bug I would suppose that if you get to close to the ground and look down straight at it like for doing shapes you get a dark area and it's harder to see what your doing. I found out it's caused by the shadows being on or turned up to far in the directional light. When done just click on the directional light and in the inspector just turn on the shadows again because they are set to the CFTutorial plot defaults.

I'll come back with links.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#95 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 01:10 AM

Bobby's Layout

https://mega.nz/file...2PU8LiF4leYh4Fo

Dutch Layout

https://mega.nz/file...nBlZ0Mi2OIYvz1o

They both are using same overhead and lidar file because of the way the course is routed. You can even do the little par 3 if you wish..lol

Here is a screenshot just incase something happens and you need to know the size and elevation info. Sorry didn't resize the pic so it might be pretty large since I am in 4k. Oh and by the way, thank you for doing these......

D9sn3ws.png

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#96 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 12 April 2020 - 03:59 AM

Here is a screenshot just incase something happens and you need to know the size and elevation info.  Oh and by the way, thank you for doing these......

Believe me, something will happen! lol  I still can't figure out how I managed to shift the entire course that I had 95% finished yesterday. Now, I have flowers in my fairways, trees on my greens and water in the bunkers! Oh well... :D

As far as "doing these", I'm still a working man like you, so I'm just having some fun on my time off. So, if you or anyone else feels like doing these for the community, go for it. I'm becoming a Robert Trent Jones II fan here lately, and these courses looked interesting. 

The OH and lidar look amazing my friend, I'm gonna enjoy working on these. Thank you sir, appreciate you!

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#97 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 10:58 AM

If you have flowers in your fairway you must have moved the actual plot itself which you can do if your not careful. You probably had the terrain selected and accidently used the move tool. You can move it back pretty easily but I think just by reimporting the lidar that will line it up again.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#98 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 12 April 2020 - 01:02 PM

If you have flowers in your fairway you must have moved the actual plot itself which you can do if your not careful. You probably had the terrain selected and accidently used the move tool. You can move it back pretty easily but I think just by reimporting the lidar that will line it up again.

That's exactly what happened, thanks. I was trying to "stretch" a wall, but apparently selected the terrain instead. lol I think I got everything lined back up, now.  

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#99 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 04:47 PM

If you accidentally moved your terrain all you need to do is click on the terrain in the hierarchy then in the inspector make sure your position and rotation are all set to zero and that should fix your problem.

kZS3F9h.jpg

If you're getting the black shadow when getting up close to the terrain like Joe mentioned just go to edit ,project settings, quality and switch shadows cascade 4 to shadows cascade 2 and that will eliminate that half-moon shadow.

knAYXHu.jpg

• Joe Habiger likes this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#100 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 12 April 2020 - 08:32 PM

If you accidentally moved your terrain all you need to do is click on the terrain in the hierarchy then in the inspector make sure your position and rotation are all set to zero and that should fix your problem.

If you're getting the black shadow when getting up close to the terrain like Joe mentioned just go to edit ,project settings, quality and switch shadows cascade 4 to shadows cascade 2 and that will eliminate that half-moon shadow.

Thanks, didn't know about those fixes. 

• Justin9926 likes this

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users