Photo

Course Downloads @ OGT - Login now required?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:24 AM

Easier access to the scorecards would be great. As a sim player hitting drives 250-270yds I don’t want to be playing from tees over 7000yds. A few people have put the info on the splash screens which is a great help.
Is there a way to access the scorecard before you select your tees?

#22 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:51 AM

Its on the course download page

Yardages given for the holes are indeed the average of the yardage from the tee to each pin available, so in effect if theres an even spread of pins throughout the green it will give pretty much a tee to centre green yardage, if they are all clustered to one side will be a tee to the middle of the cluster etc

I cant think the colours are that much of a bid deal surely, especially as you select by name, not colour anyway

If someone can come up with a better way of doing it, or in fact just a way of doing it other than the way we do, then I look forward to seeing all these cards without the wrong information and wrong colours. 

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#23 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:54 AM

We have a couple hundred people playing this game... can't we all be friends?

LOL, doesn't look like it.

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#24 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:11 PM

I would get this if they were hosting the courses but they are not, they are hosting a link to the course. I already have a login for the forum why the heck should I need a login to get to a page with the LINK to a course?

No information of why the change or if something is wrong is a dick move especially when the forum and tour is still going.

You can access the courses page now but no links to courses anymore, plus if you click on a course is asks you to them signup there instead. Can't contact them because they don't reply anymore either.

• Ian, balaceanca81 and Buck like this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#25 luetze

luetze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:32 PM

I already have a login for the forum why the heck should I need a login to get to a page with the LINK to a course?

That is something I don't understand either. I mean login is okay for me but why different logins on the same web page?

OGT changed the course rating system this way a while ago already and since then you barely find any ratings there at all anymore.

Well they'll have their reasons I guess but a brief info would have been nice.

• erwildcat and Buck like this

#26 hoganwoods

hoganwoods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:39 PM

Hey Guys,

The courses were made members only in an effort to eventually not be a central distribution point.  Our site keeps growing and server performance is always a concern.  I've been told PGLS have a great course page, so hopefully anyone who doesn't have access can get courses there.  For now, we've left the list up (will eventually be taken down) so that people can compare or see what courses are available on both sites while people work through this.  If for whatever reason we have a course that is unavailable anywhere, please let us know.  If someone needs anything just let us know. 

We are also looking at other alternatives (bring back ads but only for those pages).  

thanks

#27 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:38 PM

Hey Guys,

The courses were made members only in an effort to eventually not be a central distribution point.  Our site keeps growing and server performance is always a concern.  I've been told PGLS have a great course page, so hopefully anyone who doesn't have access can get courses there.  For now, we've left the list up (will eventually be taken down) so that people can compare or see what courses are available on both sites while people work through this.  If for whatever reason we have a course that is unavailable anywhere, please let us know.  If someone needs anything just let us know. 

We are also looking at other alternatives (bring back ads but only for those pages).  

thanks

I would like my Hazeltine course removed please from the OGT site, I don't like sites that pull this crap when your not hosting anything but a few lines of text. Again I am a member of the forum so I should not have to be a member of the course download LINKS page. Dick move, I won't be visiting the forum anytime soon again either.

A big thank you to PGLS for bringing us another great site for downloading LINKS to courses that were HOSTED somewhere else other than them. If you need any donations for server costs you should probably have a link somewhere so people can help out. The other site didn't even care to think of this, they just make it members only to keep people away. This will be a great way to get people playing TGC2019 as well.

• fungolfer, balaceanca81, Buck and 1 other like this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#28 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:55 PM

Joe

donation page on PGLS is under intro/taking part page at the bottom

https://pgls.golflad.../pgls_intro.php

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#29 Eden Borg

Eden Borg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGent/Belgium

Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:56 PM

I'm sure for 20 Bucks you send to OGT you'll got all courses to download the next 6 month ;) Shamefull and poor

Login

You are unable to login because your account has expired. Please email us at support@simulation.onlinegolftour.net for assistance.

#30 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:03 PM

the problem was never the 20 bucks for me it was in the delivery, it was a demand.

as i send PGLS a 20 dollar a month donation every month, just because they do what they do to further the game

but then again it was never demanded, nor ask for. but i'm a believer in everyone's time is worth something and this is my way of paying it forward.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#31 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 03:59 PM

Our site keeps growing and server performance is always a concern. 

Server performance?

For hosting a page of text with links to external locations to download a file?

You can't be serious.  Bandwidth can't even be a concern when the files aren't even on your site.

• fungolfer, ✠ davef ✠ and Greensboronclion like this

#32 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:39 PM

For now, we've left the list up (will eventually be taken down) so that people can compare or see what courses are available on both sites while people work through this.

PGLS it is I guess..
Thanks to them for carrying the torch forward.
  • ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#33 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:58 PM

Question about PGLS, does it have a Testing forum with certain criteria that a course must pass, in order to be used in Tournaments?

I do see some courses available for dl that say "Beta" but I am curious.

They do that over at OGT and courses don't get released to the public unless and until they meet there criteria to ensure good tournament courses.

Peace

If someone in the know, could shoot me a pm, that would be cool. I have a new course almost ready for testing and might be interested in joining.

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#34 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:21 PM

What a mess this has become!
  • ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#35 Mwh65

Mwh65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:41 PM

Any Course Designer wishing to make their new courses available at PGLS please upload them to the following Mega page ...

and let us know you have uploaded it by placing a topic in the following forum ...

so it can then be add to the PGLS courses database. Please include the file name of the course you have uploaded and any relevant details you wish to add.

Please note you will need to sign-up for an account (free naturally) at PGLS if you don't have one, to be able to post a topic in the forums. If you do need to sign-up let us know you are a Course Designer so you can be added to our "Course Designer" group.

All Course related topics are in one place ...

• Arsam, fungolfer, Joe Habiger and 5 others like this

PGLS - Free for all players of Perfect Golf

http://pgls.golfladd.../pgls_intro.php

#36 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:38 PM

Any Course Designer wishing to make their new courses available at PGLS please upload them to the following Mega page ...

and let us know you have uploaded it by placing a topic in the following forum ...

so it can then be add to the PGLS courses database. Please include the file name of the course you have uploaded and any relevant details you wish to add.

Please note you will need to sign-up for an account (free naturally) at PGLS if you don't have one, to be able to post a topic in the forums. If you do need to sign-up let us know you are a Course Designer so you can be added to our "Course Designer" group.

All Course related topics are in one place ...

Done and next week i'll add some funds when I get paid.

• Mwh65 likes this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#37 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 06:03 AM

I use the PGLS course checker since it was released and I love it. Haven't been to OGT Course site since then. Courses maybe take one or two days longer to appear in the checker but thats no real problem.

Who cares...

#38 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 21 December 2018 - 06:59 AM

I'm not sure if  i have it correct that you need to be paid member to download courses from OGT?

If that's true it's nothing less than "pay to play" the courses they're hosting. We as designers create these courses for free and now someone is "selling" it?  The subscription might be to play in the tours but a new unsuspected user might think that is the only way to get more courses.

Don't know how other designers feel but I'm not too happy about it.

• fungolfer, Joe Habiger, Ron Piskorik and 10 others like this

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#39 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 02:25 PM

I'm not sure if  i have it correct that you need to be paid member to download courses from OGT?

If that's true it's nothing less than "pay to play" the courses they're hosting. We as designers create these courses for free and now someone is "selling" it?  The subscription might be to play in the tours but a new unsuspected user might think that is the only way to get more courses.

Don't know how other designers feel but I'm not too happy about it.

That's why I asked for my Hazeltine National to be removed from it, I do not want just members only to be able to download it from there site. Sounds sort of AUGUSTA NATIONAL SNOBBISH to me!!

I'm redoing Hazeltine anyways to include the new overlay texture feature if I can figure it out, need to watch that video more. I played it yesterday and I can't believe I let that course out with crappy texturing, guess that's what happens when you get sick of working on the course and you just want people to play your creation. I'm not a fan of redoing courses but in this case I need to.

• fungolfer, xooze, erwildcat and 3 others like this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#40 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 21 December 2018 - 06:00 PM

I would gladly and rather pay a designer for their work personally.  

• Buck likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users