Photo

Course Downloads @ OGT - Login now required?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 crazycorey44

crazycorey44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 06:54 PM

I'm not sure if  i have it correct that you need to be paid member to download courses from OGT?

If that's true it's nothing less than "pay to play" the courses they're hosting. We as designers create these courses for free and now someone is "selling" it?  The subscription might be to play in the tours but a new unsuspected user might think that is the only way to get more courses.

Don't know how other designers feel but I'm not too happy about it.

Yep, it looks that way, not good, not good at all.

CrazyCorey44 2016 OGT Olympic Champ

i7-6700k  oc@4.60GHZ
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO Z170 
CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 4x4GB DDR4 2133
XFX Radeon R9 290X 8GB DirectX-11.2 DDR5 512-bit
Noctua NH-D15 cpu cooler
ViewSonic 144Hz Monitor 
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit DX 12

#42 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 06:59 PM

Well, with that being the case now. I guess when my next course is ready, I'll just be releasing it on PP, and if PGLS is doing testing I'll send them a link to test It. That way, whoever wants the course can have it.

Just like to thank anyone who has tested and left feedback on any of my previous courses at OGT. At this point, I guess you can just go ahead and remove me from the beta testers and designer forum.

• Arsam, fungolfer, Buck and 1 other like this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#43 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 07:02 PM

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#44 Mjr Problemz

Mjr Problemz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:03 PM

Hey Guys,

The courses were made members only in an effort to eventually not be a central distribution point.  Our site keeps growing and server performance is always a concern.  I've been told PGLS have a great course page, so hopefully anyone who doesn't have access can get courses there.  For now, we've left the list up (will eventually be taken down) so that people can compare or see what courses are available on both sites while people work through this.  If for whatever reason we have a course that is unavailable anywhere, please let us know.  If someone needs anything just let us know. 

We are also looking at other alternatives (bring back ads but only for those pages).  

thanks

Hi All, Am I  to understand that all of those "FREE" courses developed by their respective developer(s) who's intention was free distribution are now getting compensated for their work over at OGT? 

The very premise of "FREE" is exactly that - FREE !  Do we need to hash out what the term "FREE" means?

One definition is "unobstructed" - meaning you don't have to stand on your head and spit wooden nickels to be able to get the download. Or pay etc...

Well it looks like OGT is the "new" EA SPORTS. LOL Yeah, Good Luck with that -NOT!

#45 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 March 2019 - 03:02 PM

Hi All, Am I to understand that all of those "FREE" courses developed by their respective developer(s) who's intention was free distribution are now getting compensated for their work over at OGT?
The very premise of "FREE" is exactly that - FREE ! Do we need to hash out what the term "FREE" means?
One definition is "unobstructed" - meaning you don't have to stand on your head and spit wooden nickels to be able to get the download. Or pay etc...
Well it looks like OGT is the "new" EA SPORTS. LOL Yeah, Good Luck with that -NOT!

So just go to PGLS and get the courses as explained in this thread. Reading comprehension would have helped before ranting about nothing.
  • MERACE and zmax - sim like this

#46 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:59 AM

https://pgls.golflad...php?sort=latest

No Login Required

CGX Bruce R

#47 Mjr Problemz

Mjr Problemz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:24 PM

So just go to PGLS and get the courses as explained in this thread. Reading comprehension would have helped before ranting about nothing.

First of all, it wasn't a "rant". It was my personal look at what used to be a simple download link. Maybe reading comprehension wasn't the problem. Could be I said exactly how I felt. Got a problem with that?

#48 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:09 PM

Your comparing the OGT group to EA? It’s not like this just happened. This is months old now. And now you want to complain about it? Lol

#49 Mjr Problemz

Mjr Problemz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:09 PM

I was raised not to argue with morons/idiots or pick on the handicapped. Nuff' said

#50 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:33 PM

What your saying is you have no argument. So sling some insults instead. Good job bro.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users