58 replies to this topic

#41 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:25 PM

this is the post that i just laughed so hard about that goofapottamus posted in another thread.
i have always considered the site to be full of stuffed shirts or as you say snobbish.

No need to be an ogt member to purchase PP designed courses. you can buy courses through the pp social site or right through the game in the pro shop, which is what I do seems to work better and easier than the social site. You can always check your free PP released content by verifying your your game files through steam library..i That is found by right clicking the jack nick per gol title name in library and going to properties // local files // verify integrity of game files..... any files missing or added free pp stuff, will be added by doing so. Ogt is a 3rd party tournament site ( yeah there is a fee), run by real golfers that play real golf outside, that host daily tourneys as well as 2 full FedEx tour seasons a year.

If I may ask, what's so funny about it?
Also, I clicked on your banner and scrolled through the course listing, found a few that said real but had names I couldn't find to be real. Is there a list of what the courses really are that the designer changed to a fictional name? A few by I believe Stoney were that way.
  • Jesus Jones likes this

#42 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:36 PM

run by real golfers that play real golf outside,

yes some courses are named differently by the designer, there is a post around here some place for that

• Greensboronclion likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#43 ollybobbles

ollybobbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:19 PM

Its a sad state of affairs really.

OGT requests that you pay a fee to play in tournaments. The tournaments and style of their website is very poor.

PGLS offers more tournaments, are definitely more friendly and approachable and do not charge you for the privilege.

As a side note - does anyone know if OGT offers any courses that PGLS are unable to get hold of?

• fungolfer, Buck and Greensboronclion like this

#44 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:59 PM

I could be wrong but I thought the way the EULA is written and what Mike has stated in past posts, courses can not be bought or sold.

So, if a course exists on OGT but not on PGLS, there is nothing to prevent that course from being shared.

I don't think OGT is trying to have "OGT Exclusives". Now, I guess they could send around private emails telling users they will get a private download link to a "member's only" course and if they share it, they might be banned from future participation in events or OGT membership.

But, (and I really have no idea because I've not communicated with anyone on it), I just don't think OGT is viewing it like some are suggesting.

They have a system that is pay to play. So does my local bar that has a simulator. It's different than PGLS that is offering everything for free. The two are different. That doesn't make one right or wrong. Or one Noble and one Evil. You have a choice.

Let people be aware of the choices but no reason to bad mouth either. I'm very appreciative of them both promoting a hobby that I enjoy.
  • xooze, zmax - sim and SebGOLO like this

#45 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 04:54 PM

@DP

Good post and points..

I do think Mike and PP should be eliminating the links/mentions/pinned threads all over to OGT that sort of hint it's "the place" to get courses.

Things have changed on that front, obviously, and it honestly feels like a pretty bad experience to a new user to see a message like that here or in the game and then get there and find a required "season pass" fee to do anything further.

#46 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 04:56 PM

Pgls has every course that OGT has.  They get most courses from OGT and continue to do so.  OGT will do the same for courses that aren't tested on OGT.   We charge for members to play on our site.  That is all.  If you want to download courses, please visit pgls.  They run a great site.

#47 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 04:57 PM

If you want to download courses, please visit pgls.  They run a great site.

That's precisely what should be the new pinned thread and messaging in the game about "getting more courses"

• Perculator likes this

#48 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:48 PM

this is the post that i just laughed so hard about that goofapottamus posted in another thread.
i have always considered the site to be full of stuffed shirts or as you say snobbish.

No need to be an ogt member to purchase PP designed courses. you can buy courses through the pp social site or right through the game in the pro shop, which is what I do seems to work better and easier than the social site. You can always check your free PP released content by verifying your your game files through steam library..i That is found by right clicking the jack nick per gol title name in library and going to properties // local files // verify integrity of game files..... any files missing or added free pp stuff, will be added by doing so. Ogt is a 3rd party tournament site ( yeah there is a fee), run by real golfers that play real golf outside, that host daily tourneys as well as 2 full FedEx tour seasons a year.

Dave the number one reason I left OGT was that snob like behavior of the one you mentioned. The fact is much better atmosphere at PGLS . Like the rest of us don't play real Golf.
  • ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#49 Jesus Jones

Jesus Jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 06:01 PM

Dave the number one reason I left OGT was that snob like behavior of the one you mentioned. The fact is much better atmosphere at PGLS . Like the rest of us don't play real Golf.

The only snobbish comments so far are from you and Dave. I haven't read any name calling from anyone representing OGT yet.

#50 DC#1

DC#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationWalnut Grove,MN

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:06 PM

I looked on the trackman website and saw 32 courses available. There are 11 courses that are not available. Are these courses made by PP but are exclusively made for trackman users only? Just wondering.

#51 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:41 PM

I didn't mean to open a can of worms here with the observation of the unavailability of downloading courses from OGT. I am familiar with the PGLS site and like very much the way it is set up. Since I am not an online player, the OGT site provides little interest for me. However, I do want to very much thank all you great course architects for providing endless spectacular courses for play on the PG platform. It is you guys who are the backbone of this simulation. Thanks again, and keep the creativity going. It is greatly appreciated by us who lack either time or talent for the art of course design.

• RobV likes this

#52 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:04 AM

The only snobbish comments so far are from you and Dave. I haven't read any name calling from anyone representing OGT yet.

Sir I will say this all the people at OGT were never a problem just one in particular and the fact is he P***** some people off with his snob like behavior.
  • Buck likes this

#53 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:59 AM

For use only in Trackmans "Virtual Golf" software.. its built on the PG engine, but is completely standalone as part of Trackman TPS package, ie its not Trackman users playing on PG, its a separate program, with various options removed, but also a new UI. 

As a guide if ya feel marginally hard done by, those guys are paying possibly $2000 a year for the privilege to keep their hardware and software subscriptions live

But if you wanna feel marginally luckier, they also are unable to have access to all the user designed courses.

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#54 DC#1

DC#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:31 PM

Thanks for the explanation John. I knew they didn't have access to user created courses but was wondering about the other courses. Thanks again for clearing that up.

#55 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:53 PM

Will future courses made by PP be available for the community to purchase or will you need to be a member of OGT to purchase them?

I don't even expect any future courses to be made. Seems all their efforts are going toward the trackman simulation side of things. They've released a bunch of courses that we haven't been able to buy and the only ones they have released have been made by guys who play and design courses on their own time not affiliated with PP or trackman.

Seems we would have seen a release or 2 by this point if we were getting anything new.
Doesn't really matter anyway, there are courses coming out every day by regular people that look and play great.
  • RobV and DPRoberts like this

#56 DC#1

DC#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:46 AM

I'm sure your right. I looked it up and the last course PP released was Sedgefield CC on Aug. 22,2017.  I am excluding the par 3 contest courses as they were not made by PP.   Your correct,  we have very talented designers.

#57 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:11 PM

All I see is a bunch of whinny adults.  OGT was fine when it was free.  But paying 20 buck every 6 months for tournaments was BS per many of you.  Now OGT cuts some free benefits and you same folks are up in arms.  This is bull crap. I even had a very good former friend say it was BS to pay for a tournament site and now he says he gives 20 bucks a month to a different 3rd party site.  So you reap what you sow. Nuff said.  

By the way my former friend is doing the same exact thing I was saying to him a few months ago about keeping the game alive.  Servers cost money and they ain't cheep.  I guess it becomes different when you see the light!

I paid 19.99 I think when this game was early access. And I own every pay for course to support this game.

I totally agree with you.  I am a member of OGT and PGLS and own all the PG courses.  The price was just $20.00 USD in the beginning and most of us got one helluva a deal.

I have no problems accepting any (well run site) fees for this game.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#58 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:15 PM

I guess anyone can be a member at these sites.

#59 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:09 AM

OK, I am not going to beat this topic to death. There are some interesting and well founded comments laid out here. Let me say that I have absolutely no problem with OGT charging online players for the use of their server(s)  and other conveniences they offer. No matter what the cost is, if you are an online player, then and you alone must decide whether you can live with whatever the fee is. I am going to take an educated guess and say that probably at least 75% of people that play PG on a regular basis are probably online players. A pretty conservative guess I might add. Since I am not an online player and never will be, OGT is really insignificant to me. Twenty dollars, the original cost of this Sim for those of us who got in at ground level over six years ago was certainly a bargain no doubt about that. AT the present stage of evolvement I might pay $40. Let's remember that if it was not for custom designs that you are able to introduce into PG and you had to purchase pay to play courses as your only option, your investment becomes considerably higher. If PG ever develops some kind of  interface even close to the old Links or even TW platforms,  it would be without a doubt the king of the "Golf Sims". Yes, I would pay upwards of $100 for a true complete golf simulation. As it stands now, it serves only as a pacifier for the online golf fan.

• DPRoberts likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users